Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411558 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:25:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2328953 times)
nospoon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13440 on: December 07, 2012, 04:28:31 PM »

I've just watched Ip Man, and Ip man 2.

The movie is awesome.
Like awesome awesome awesome.

It's a chinese movie about the person who trained Bruce Lee.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: December 07, 2012, 05:04:35 PM »

Didn't knew wind waker had an anime:

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: December 07, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »

I've just watched Ip Man, and Ip man 2.

The movie is awesome.
Like awesome awesome awesome.

It's a chinese movie about the person who trained Bruce Lee.
you're late to the party. There's a prequel by another actor that acted in Ip Man 2.
Ip Man 2 wasn't that great though.

nospoon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »

(...)
you're late to the party. There's a prequel by another actor that acted in Ip Man 2.
Ip Man 2 wasn't that great though.
Thanks, I'll watch it today.
The Ip Man 2 wasn't as good as Ip Man 1, but I still liked it very much.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13444 on: December 08, 2012, 01:07:36 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/walking-dead-wins-game-year-spike-vgas-17902794

Yay! I loved this game. Although calling it a game is a bit of a stretch. Who agrees that this should have been game of the year?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13445 on: December 08, 2012, 04:34:02 AM »

I think you could count the number of people who give a shit about the Spike Videogame Awards on one hand.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13446 on: December 08, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »

I don't really know what it is, I just liked the Walking Dead.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
deathtotheweird
« Reply #13447 on: December 08, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/psy-anti-american-rap-2012-12

The entertainment fallout from this could potentially be worth all the irritation I had to deal with seeing his Gunwhatever style crap everywhere.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/08/psy-lyrics-anti-us-anger
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: December 08, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

The entertainment fallout from this could potentially be worth all the irritation I had to deal with seeing his Gunwhatever style crap everywhere.

He still writes angry songs, except that Gangnam style was written in a highly satirical form.

The anti american song actually has some

. And the scandal seems to have increased his popularity outside America, especially so recently after the whole Israel-Gaza issue.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13449 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »

.. interesting stuff

pretty damn cool instrumentals[/url]. And the scandal seems to have increased his popularity outside America, especially so recently after the whole Israel-Gaza issue.

Hand Metal LeftNo No NOHand Metal Right

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: December 08, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »

I love that in the entertainment ring, especially music and film, when someone get famous, others will just constantly digging out their past, looking at what they've done. Lover will dig the nice part of the history and says heroic shit about their idol, and hater will dig the sinister part, and constantly protest about them.

Ohh and:

wow
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:30:43 PM by Burchacha29 » Logged

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/183065/Great_Big_War_Game_makes_83_in_first_week_on_Windows_RT.php#.UMTrbHfhisE

I knew that RT was going to take some time to get an user base, but $83 for a game that is pretty popular on other platforms is pathetic Sad

Think happy thoughts.
nospoon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: December 09, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/183065/Great_Big_War_Game_makes_83_in_first_week_on_Windows_RT.php#.UMTrbHfhisE

I knew that RT was going to take some time to get an user base, but $83 for a game that is pretty popular on other platforms is pathetic Sad
Well, this is sad Sad

Oh, I even have that game on my android, going to check it out right now.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: December 09, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »

it's sad that they're acting like petulant babies. they're already successful, and they weren't handed free publicity on a silver platter, so they threw a temper tantrum. microsoft saw it and gave them what they wanted. big deal

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13454 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »

Actually they make a very incisive point about Microsoft's failure: not valuing their (already proven!) developers while trying to be a content provider.  They're continuing to show that they simply want to follow content providers like Steam or Itunes in the most pathetic, cargo cult methods.

I don't see why you think hitching oneself to Microsoft's marketplace in a business relationship shouldn't have some measure of "free publicity" ie, being displayed clearly in an accessible way.

I'm really not seeing why you think the complaint is illegitimate to the point of writing them off as "petulant babies" that are "throwing a temper tantrum".
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13455 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »

I think that story is less of a lesson in microsoft being bad as much as it is a lesson on how advertising is everything, and when you publish to mobile you're pretty much fucked if you don't get promoted by the app store maintainers.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13456 on: December 09, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

Yeah, which is a problem for the developer and Microsoft considering that more sales benefits them both.  It could be argued, especially given the statement of the RT store being a ghost town, that having a chain of content being promoted consistently, benefits Microsoft far more than any individual dev, since they want to sell the underlying OS as well.

Microsoft has a history of doing exceedingly poorly at any attempt to provide content, for the most part.  No one I know likes GFWL, the Zune was a joke, etc.  Even XBOX Live has cool problems like "no, sorry, we can't patch games for you for free", which directly results in things like TF2 for XBOX being an unplayable mess that lacks years of updates and bugfixes and content.

These decisions are bad for developers, bad for consumers, and bad for Microsoft.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: December 09, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »

Well, I'll sure as hell be toasting over Microsoft's failures. The sooner they fail their entry into mobile, the sooner the degradation of the PC platform begins to destroy them.

With Sony's failure virtually inevitable, and Microsoft's future growing bleaker by the day, the next few console generations will certainly be interesting.

STEAM BOX STEAM BOX STEAM BOX
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »

I even wonder if consoles will still be around in 10 or 15 years. Now that powerful computers are common, integrated graphics systems are gaining in power, and tablets/phones are becoming viable platforms. I am not sure how much longer the old 5-8 year console cycle tradition can be maintained.

Think happy thoughts.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »

im not saying microsoft is doing well there, but these guys are still little whiny shits. they don't care whether or not the platform is actually viable for most developers. they erased the post as soon as microsoft listened to their bitching. and the point about them being successful is that they could afford their own marketing, not that it's bad business sense for microsoft to promote them. the way mobile markets work in general is fucked and even if the ms app store works as well as the other ones it's going to be a fucking shitfest because none of the other app stores are any good. boohoo microsoft didn't instantly do backroom negotiating with the big name, already successful fuckfaces to give their game free publicity, i'm so sad for them

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic