Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:52:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDBP 1st Place 2010: A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda, Pre-Order Up! (Release 14/12/10)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DBP 1st Place 2010: A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda, Pre-Order Up! (Release 14/12/10)  (Read 1794 times)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:52:25 AM »

http://blog.x10studio.com/?p=511

"Every year Microsoft hosts a contest that challenges indie developers to submit their best work for a chance at a cash prize and an appearance on Xbox Live Arcade. The best known of these winners is probably The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai.

In 2010 four games were honored including Lumi, Prismatic Solid, Beat Hazard, and A.R.E.S. We now know that A.R.E.S. will appear on XBLA, PC and phones running Windows 7. It is a side scroller and is scheduled to be the first chapter in an episodic series."

Brief Description of Game:
A.R.E.S. is the first chapter in a full featured episodic hardcore action packed side scrolling platformer, in the traditions of retro classics. Even better its ready for HD gaming, and is fully compatible with Nvidia 3D vision glasses!

Back Story:
The world is under attack, and the machines have been taken control by the mysterious Zytron. Our hero Ares. finds himself mysteriously immune to the Zytron virus, and now the only one who can rescue the scientist stranded on the Zytron infected space station, and destroy the cause of the threat in the process.

That's about it!

Trailer is here:

We did the sound design and the original soundtrack for A.r.e.s. Release date on the OST will come in 2011. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:53:07 PM by Mecha » Logged

CGSColin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »

Wow looks and sounds really polished! I really do like the look of it a lot.

Check out my games: Celsius Game Studios - Twitter
qmvo73hoy
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

Played it on "hard", but it was way too easy.

Also the enemy bullets need to be a different hue/colour, they're the same as the players bullets and explosions so they blend together too much making it difficult to differentiate between them.
tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »

My god, I've been waiting for this game since you showed it to me back in the Monolith times, feels weird that it's finally almost here O_O canny wait! :-D
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »

Played it on "hard", but it was way too easy.

Also the enemy bullets need to be a different hue/colour, they're the same as the players bullets and explosions so they blend together too much making it difficult to differentiate between them.

Unless it's audio related, I can't help ya with that one. The game has been massively polished and play tested over time so the final release will be a sure shot better than anything you have played in the demos. I am not sure how recent the demo on the website is.

It's the Dream Build Play 2010 First Prize Winners guys! They, and we, would appreciate any love you are willing to share, literally love, you can buy their game sure but just love us, warm blankets, horlicks, stories etc. That's all the Ducks want.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

http://ares.x10studio.com/requirement

You can go here now and buy it via PayPal as well as the original link! It's also coming to another PC distributor soon, in January I think, more to come on that.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic