Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411560 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 03:34:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Handful of Dust Demo - 2D Action Adventure Metroidvania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Handful of Dust Demo - 2D Action Adventure Metroidvania  (Read 286 times)
cls33
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2024, 01:43:30 PM »

Hi!

I initially released a demo of the game I'm working on about 18 months ago and I got some amazing feedback from people who found it through my post in this forum.  I've made some significant progress and updates since that initial release and I'm once again looking for play testers to take a look at what I've put together and give me some feedback.

The elevator pitch is that it's a small indie project I'm working on as a solo dev that is most heavily inspired by Salt and Sanctuary, but attempts to sand off some of the harder "soulslike" edges, tones down the RPG aspects and pushes in more of a Metroidvania direction.  The demo release is about 2-4 hours of fully playable content.

If that sounds interesting consider giving it a look and let me know what you think if you check it out! You can find more info and download the demo on the itch.io page: https://cls33.itch.io/a-handful-of-dust

I'm interested in any feedback whatsoever, but some specific topics I'm hoping to get some perspective on are:
- Gameplay: What works? What doesn't?  Is it fun?
- Difficulty:  Too hard? Too easy? Too spikey?
- Polish and QOL:  I have a list of items I need to polish up, but I'm sure I'm not thinking of everything.
- Bugs: I'm my own QA, and bad at it so there are likely some bugs in here I'm not aware of.

Finally, a few caveats:
- The map needs work, I know.  It's very much a placeholder system that generates the map image dynamically and is intended to serve as "something" until I have finalized level layouts, at which point I will rebuild the map system using actual art intended for that purpose. 
- I've so far been focused on the game framework and gameplay, there isn't really any "story" content in the game as of yet.  NPCs, dialog systems and quest systems are planned. 

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic