Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 03:12:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955802 times)
jboxx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: November 22, 2014, 11:34:27 PM »

Hey I'm Keven, I just created an account.  Planning on posting progress for my little game I'm working on.  Hello everyone!
e\/a_unit01
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: November 23, 2014, 04:36:06 AM »

Hi guys! My name is Leszek, I'm from Poland. I love to work on making games in free time. I'm a programmer by trade so art is not my strength but I'm working on that!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: November 23, 2014, 05:51:37 PM »

I'm stalking for now, my prototype is not yet ready to showcase.

if your avatar is representative of your game's graphics i'm already looking forward to it!  Smiley
Badge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: November 24, 2014, 02:49:51 AM »

Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations for your community!

my name is Daniele , i'm 27 years old freelancer developer .I'm trying to develop soma videogame , and try to to live with it (hard work,but i try Tongue). I live in Italy and i developed with another teammate a little game for mobile. We are developing more games.

My goal is to make games better and better , I hope I can give some advice and I hope to give some advice to you too Smiley
EsKa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8084 on: November 24, 2014, 06:24:38 AM »

Hi there !

I am EsKa (or SerialKicked), a 34yo indie developer from France with a professional background in programming. You may know me as the author of the popular mods Pirate Guild and ADS for X3: Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude. I am also the author of Grand Rogue Auto, a GTA themed rogue-like.

I am currently working on a top down 2D space-sim and 4X game for Windows.

Cheers,
SK.

Anarkis Gaming - Indie Game Development and X-Universe Modding
Unending Galaxy - 2D SpaceSim / Sandbox / 4X combo
HUBA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8085 on: November 24, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »

Hi, i'm davide, i'm an indie programmer and i have a team called HUBA games (www.huba-games.com)
williemammoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »

Hey there, I'm Will, a few friends and I started a game dev company (Fiero Interactive) after we left university to make cool little games for companies and organisations. We just loved making games so we wanted to make our job out of it, we've been doing that for a while now and we are starting to build our own games again in our spare time.

We have tried doing this a few times in the past and failed, service work took over or the game got too ambitious too quickly, so we've taken to focusing on very simple concepts and quickly developing them into small but fun games.

If any of you want to know more, or are in a similar situation I'd love to have a chat!
Larry Li
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8087 on: November 24, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »

Hello,

I am a self-taught iOS programmer making a game for the iPad by myself. I have made unreleased prototypes in the past, but now I am working on a shoot-em up for the iPad. I am going to released this on the App store no matter how long it takes me to finish it. At the moment I got the time to work on it and I hope I can share it with the community in the future. Good luck to everyone with their endeavors.
MonoForge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: November 25, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »

Hi TIG community!

I'm an indie developer and composer with 8 years of audio production experience. I'd always been interested in design philosophy, and studied it simply for fun. Over the last year I've been working on a shmup project, practicing the art of game design. Now I like to share my experience with the world!

DiscourseGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: November 25, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »

Hi all,
My name is Keelan Moore, I am an Mechanical Engineering student in the beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. I learned programming in high school and about a year and a half ago decided that I would take my passion for playing games into a passion for making them.

Since I started doing this I have procrastinated over projects that were WAY to ambitious and due to some advice I got from the Unity community I decided to buckle down and just finish something. So I challenged myself to make something in one day, so I made my game Arc Length. In all honesty I did take another 2 days to add music and tweak it but it is now finished Smiley.
Arc Length just got onto Wooglie and as of writing this it has 79 plays. Not massive but I am nonetheless proud.

Hopefully you will all hear more from me when I make more games.
Cheers
kverkagambo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: November 25, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »

Hello.
My name is Māris. I am (hopefully) a game developer from Latvia, place where gamedev community currently mosly rests in torpor. Currenly I am making a card game based on Latvian War of Independence of 1919 Comrades and Barons.

Plaguepunk Justice

Comrades and Barons: Solitaire of Bloody 1919
solarcrusader
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: November 25, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »

Hello All,

I'm one of the core developers on the game Solar Crusaders, a top-down strategy game. Imagine FTL gameplay combined with EVE multiplayer and economy!!

Hope to see you guys in the forums!  Gentleman

BraveLoner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: November 25, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

Hello everyone.
I am freelance graphic designer.
Have some experience working in game companies.
Now I am thinking of starting my own indie gamedev studio.
Want to learn as much as possible before I start making mistakes. Smiley
LynxSavage
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: November 26, 2014, 05:52:21 AM »

Hi All!

My friends and everyone calls me Lynx.

I am a 30-something that started off as a programmer and got sucked into the web developer realm. After having been here for a while, programming a few "clone" web based JavaScript games and prototyping in Ruby, I decided to go back to school to catch up on all the programming goodness I have missed.

Well school is over, I am still working as a web programmer and life is great. Except something is missing. GAMES! I got into programming for the games and my lack of self confidence destroyed that dream. Well the dream is back!

I am now developing my first solo game. (My kingdom for a better artist than myself) I hope to make the deadline of Oct 2015. So wish me luck on that.

I got into gaming back in the late 70's early 80's. My first console was an Atari. I DID own the infamous E.T. game. My addiction did not come until I got the first NES console. Mario and Metroid gave me all kinds of life!

To this day Metroid stands as my favorite game/series of all time. Of course then came PC gaming and I was done. Doom, WingCommander *shudder*.

Currently I am a PC gamer and will be developing for the computer market.

I know absolutely nothing about working solo as a game developer and hope to learn as much as humanly possible. I am hoping my programming experience will get me through most of it and that my stupid questions can find a home as I come across them.

I will be publishing under Savage Games Co, so that should be fun. Other than that... *engages troll shields* *engages 'thick skin armor buff'* *engages comment dodge boost* *engages caffeine infusion*

P.S. I am not a conjoined twin with a nipple on my forehead. Fear not.
Watapax
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: November 26, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »

Hello, my name is Juan Pablo and I'm a graphic designer and motion designer, I teach animation and visual effects in Chile.

Just after my 30th birthday i saw the documentary "Indie Game" and I thought to myself, this is what I want to do!!. Then I started a long hard process of self learning, and finally have some prototypes to show. 

Thanks..
read_forerunner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: November 26, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »

Hi all,

We are a team of 4 guys ( 2 writers 1 photographer & 1 web developer/designer) from the UK who for the past 5-6 months have been working on starting up a magazine/online publication called Forerunner.

The magazines sole purpose is to tell the stories of the people behind video games! Over the past few months we've had the pleasure of talking to some brilliant indie devs and finding out all about them. The magazine is launching next Monday (1st December). We're looking forward to getting to know people on the forum and sharing what we've been working on so far!

Hope to speak to some of you guys real soon -

Thanks!
OneSidedDice
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: November 26, 2014, 03:58:55 PM »

Hand Fork Left Mock Anger Hand Knife Right
I kinda just wanted to see
what this would look like.

Hello anyone who is willing to read this, I am a hypothetical pair of dice with only a single side. That being said, it's only natural that one would expect me to be a programmer, which I am! I've never made a game before, something I hope I can change soon so that I can pay for my terminally ill great great great grandma's operation.

-OneSidedDieDice
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: November 26, 2014, 08:41:53 PM »

roll 1d1 = barrel roll (technically an aileron roll) on a loop de loop?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: November 26, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »

are you left-handed

LintfordPickle
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8099 on: November 27, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

Hello Everyone,

My name is John Hampson and I'm a game developer from Germany.  I've been a hobbyist game programmer for about 10 years now and have so far only ever published games on mobile platforms (windows phone and Android); and that because the distribution is quite trivial. 

In the last year I have switched back and started a few small projects for desktop using various languages, with a view to developing a PC game.  I have settled on Java on LWJGL.  I do the programming and art myself, and always struggle to get some decent music for my games.  I have a website with a very skinny blog for anyone interested (http://rusesoftware.com/).  Hopefully I'll have a decent project to announce in the coming weeks ..

Catch you on the forums...
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic