Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411566 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 07:03:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDead Awake - Rougelike/Hardcore/PixelArt - Feedback Wanted!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Dead Awake - Rougelike/Hardcore/PixelArt - Feedback Wanted!  (Read 11097 times)
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 04:37:34 AM »

I started working on the top floor and did some floor textures. I also added the top floor to the floor generator so now it's placed when you walk out of the last floor elevator.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:28 AM »

Now the generator is completed with a last floor and a short end sequence. I also experimented with a script that animates lightsources and has the ability to spawn particles.. Therefor I added some broken cables to try it out Wink

See if you can reach the ending in this Webplayer Demo

EDIT: OH! I tweaked the controls to remove the sluggish feel some have felt.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:49:19 AM by Zilk » Logged
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »

I made another update tonight, fixing some bugs like auto-opening the elevator on arrival and a collision issue with the elevators.

I also made a fun little bubble effect on the toxic leaks Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2014, 01:54:55 PM »

Main character design is done. It is split into a few sections so I can start animating it tomorrow. It will be running two animations, one for the upper body and one for the feet.
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2014, 05:23:04 AM »

Got the feet animations working this weekend. Still looks a little rough when the upper body rotates and it transitions between animations and also the strafe animations look a little weird but I'll leave it like this for later.

Try the web version HERE
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2014, 10:20:24 PM »

I started putting in animations for the upper body last night. A lot of polish and a few animations missing but it might end up looking quite good.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2014, 01:12:11 AM »

Like the icons. Maybe the knife icon should change if it's out of range?
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2014, 02:54:40 AM »

I will add it to the feedback list I have. It could turn red when aimed at an enemy that is in range, could give the player a little better feedback on when melee attacks will hit.

Thanks! Smiley
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »

So I added animations for two handed ranged weapons tonight, just have the reload animation left. After this I'll either do death animations or continue with some other task since I'm quite bored with animations at the moment :D

Try it HERE
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »

I finished up handgun and rifle animations this evening.

After that I got around to fixing some bugs that I have been bothered by for a long time. I also started working on a hit effect script to put special hit effects on objects when they are hit with bullets. But it seems like there might have been a beer or two too many so it doesn't really work as intended yet Wink

Try the latest version HERE
yaomon17
Level 1

https://twitter.com/YaomonKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2014, 05:55:34 PM »

Hello, I just played a bit of this game. It is a good game. A few things to note. I was a bit sad on my first run when I couldn't crush the zombie man by closing the door on him. On my second run, I found the weapons. Maybe add a small white outline around the items. The good parts of the game are definitely the exploration and limited ammo of the gun. One final nitpick is the stab animation seems a tad weak. Overall great job.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2014, 04:53:12 AM »

yaomon17: Thanks for playing! I have the door crush feature on my backlog, gonna make it really gory but just haven't gotten to it yet. I will tweak the stab animation, it is a bit weak..

Thanks again! Smiley
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »

So a lot of people have asked for a minimap and I have been thinking it would be a b**ch to implement but tonight I figured it out and had one up and running in 30 minutes. Now 2 hours later it is "polished" with animations and everything.

It is mapped to TAB and I also remapped weapon switching to the scroll wheel.

Try it HERE
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

I have been fixing some issues that people have addressed such as better highlight on loot.

I also finished my hit effect script and added it to the green barrels as a test.

And tonight I made the art for the basic type of zombie and put some quick animations on it, so now the zombies at least walk :D

Although when I added the zombies my draw call issue with the sprites became a real issue, I have to figure out why batching on sprites doesn't work...

Play the latest version HERE but expect some performance issues
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic