Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 10:10:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905172 times)
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: April 12, 2016, 03:01:55 AM »

Have you played stardew valley?
Yeah, it's pretty neat! The farming/crafting system is sooo much better than Harvest Moon. I never thought planting potatoes with a mouse could be so confy.

However, the social interactions were a bit underwhelming. I fear I was spoiled by Rune Factory 3's excellent social system, where you had a request board for everyday tasks and a private mail box. It made the characters feel so lively! You started doing simple errands for the villagers, and when someone trusted you, s/he started sending you personal requests. I really felt invested in the community (though some character were pretty one-dimensional).

Rune Factory 4 completely canned the board and mail box system.
I hate this series.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8201 on: April 12, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »

Well, RF4 still kind of has a request board, but yeah the mailbox going away was disappointing. RF4 is still one of my favorite 3ds games, though.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8202 on: April 18, 2016, 08:46:54 AM »

bumping this to say that increpare's new puzzle game Stephen's Sausage Roll is out and it's friggin' fantastic

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: April 18, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »

Can someone explain me how Stephen's Sausage Roll is somewhat popular, i saw it in the upcoming game section a few days ago and just thought it was one of those joke games with low followers that got somewhat greenlit.
I am also surprised by the high price .
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8204 on: April 18, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »

stephen is a prolific developer and has many big indie friends that have been talking up this game for over a year now. advance reviews have been glowing, too. it really is a fantastic puzzle game, probably the best since snakebird last year. or at least they conjure similar feelings in me.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8205 on: April 18, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »

Can someone explain me how Stephen's Sausage Roll is somewhat popular, i saw it in the upcoming game section a few days ago and just thought it was one of those joke games with low followers that got somewhat greenlit.
I am also surprised by the high price .

stephen aka increpare is a seasoned dev and very good at making experimental and puzzle games. so even tho it seems like a "joke" game its actually (apparently, i haveent played it) a great puzzle gam.

EDIT: oops i didn't read tanner's post which says the same thing as mine.  Embarrassed
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: April 18, 2016, 05:32:45 PM »

thanks for the answer. I'll try watching some let's play videos as i am really confused by the trailer.

Edit: i see the potential, seems to be a really interesting puzzle game
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:40:46 PM by b∀kkusa » Logged
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8207 on: April 18, 2016, 07:04:48 PM »

Beat Hyper Light Drifter a couple days ago (absolutely loved it).

Today I started replaying Beyond Good and Evil for the first time in a long while.  It was one of my favorite games of all time, but I never actually beat it (back in the day, I got stuck on the last boss without any health items).  Once again really enjoying it.  It's interesting to see the pace of this game, especially compared to modern narrative-heavy games.  In the first 30 minutes of the game, you Get introduced to the characters, fight some DomZ, have a small boss battle, meet the Alpha Sector and their propagandists, get introduced to the camera mechanic, take some pictures of wildlife, ride around on a hovercraft, which fails, gets towed by some Rastafarian rhinoceroses, who introduce you to one of the main currencies of the game and repair your hovercraft, at which point you fight a boss battle on the hovercraft, then get introduced to the city, then meet the representative of the mysterious person giving you your mission.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: April 18, 2016, 11:37:01 PM »

My USB SEGA Saturn controller knock-off came in the mail so I played a bunch of Street Fighter 2 to inaugurate it. For the first time in years I can do an SPD and not feel like I'm taking the skin off my thumb with sandpaper with, like, an 80% success rate which is a massive improvement. Also for the first time in years I've got a pad that has the correct number of face buttons.
Gamedragon
« Reply #8209 on: April 25, 2016, 11:52:10 PM »

I started playing Transistor yesterday and am enjoying it immensely. I just started playing Shadow Warrior today and am finding it pretty fun so far.
JamesGoblin
Level 0

My name is Goblin. James Goblin.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8210 on: April 26, 2016, 05:04:09 AM »

I've been playing lots of chess, also following online tournaments recently. Say, USA Championship just ended yesterday.

Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: April 26, 2016, 03:52:25 PM »

I played John Romero's new Doom map. It's good, he's still got it.
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:58 AM »

My relationship with the 3DS quickly went from "well duh I'll just wait for pokemon" to "oh god what can I do with all those games".
Currently playing Shovel Knight and Tales of the Abyss. The first one is really pretty with the 3D turned on! It's like a pop-up book. Game is fun and hard without being frustrating, can't wait to unlock the Plague Doctor.

The Tales of the Abyss porting, on the other hand, is making me feel all giddy with its japanese sillness and fast-paced battles and pretty characters.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:54:09 AM by Bric-à-brac » Logged

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: April 30, 2016, 04:56:53 AM »

Been playing Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (momodora4) and it's a good metroidvania.
The game is similar to the previous momodoras but improved with a Souls-esque direction (dodge rolls, bell system ,darker universe) & the pixel art is gorgeous .

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: April 30, 2016, 10:10:42 AM »

I've been playing lots of solo Mage Knight over the past 2 weeks and comparing it to Mistfall which I said earlier ITT I ended up being disappointed with. Interestingly, Mistfall's main flaw (imo) is the amount of control it gives you over your deck. The deck control mechanics are all very clever taken on their own, but they just make the game too solvable, especially in combination with the samey enemies. Mage Knight, with its traditional random card draws and random card offers for deck building is actually the much deeper game, because you're forced to improvise with what you have available, making every turn a new challenge. You can't just go through the motions like you end up doing in Mistfall sooner or later.

Good reminder that the relationship between randomness and depth is complicated I guess.

JWK5
« Reply #8215 on: April 30, 2016, 04:51:41 PM »

Gravity Rush: Remastered (PS4)

Despite the occasional fumbling of controls this game has the most relaxing yet reflexive gameplay of any game I've played before. The way you just bend gravity to float and dive and flail through the air is awesome and almost mesmerizing and the story is really amusing and has a distinct charm to it. It's the best game I've played in a while, it's one of those kinds of games that really makes me remember why I like games in the first place.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8216 on: April 30, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »

I've been playing lots of chess, also following online tournaments recently. Say, USA Championship just ended yesterday.

Curious if you ever play Bughouse?

nwizrt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: May 02, 2016, 05:50:58 AM »

I've Been playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. That game just eat my free time for breakfast.

Other than that I probably just watch my friend playing Call of Duty 4 on a Sri Lankan server. Anyone who wants to play multiplayer CoD 4 should join that server. It's fun there (not a creepy invitation at all).
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8218 on: May 02, 2016, 08:37:11 AM »

Gravity Rush: Remastered (PS4)

Despite the occasional fumbling of controls this game has the most relaxing yet reflexive gameplay of any game I've played before. The way you just bend gravity to float and dive and flail through the air is awesome and almost mesmerizing and the story is really amusing and has a distinct charm to it. It's the best game I've played in a while, it's one of those kinds of games that really makes me remember why I like games in the first place.
Gravity Rush owns so hard and that remaster is flawless. Can't wait for the sequel.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: May 03, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »

Neon Chrome

I'll be honest with you, I impulse bought this because a massive wave of Crimsonland nostalgia overcame me when I saw the Steam description. Dodgy reasons for acquiring it aside though, it's actually rather good. It's a top down twin stick shooter/"roguelite" comparable to Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Binding of Isaac etc. What sets it apart from those games is the heavy focus on using the environment (explosive map objects, destructible walls etc) to take out enemies rather than bullet hell dodging. In fact this can result in some pretty fun situations when faced with large groups. The enemies also all have very distinct behaviors and ways to deal with them, so the "puzzle" aspect is well done.

The game has permanent stat upgrades paid for with cash you loot during your runs, a la Rogue Legacy as well as temporary upgrades you either buy before your run or acquire during it from chests and augmentation machines. So there IS a grind aspect to it but that's OK. The main similarity to Crimsonland is in how the controls and weapons feel. It supports co-op though I haven't tried it yet. It uses a cheesy cyberpunk setting where youre a hacker who takes over other peoples bodies to bust some corporate cyber fascist skulls or sth, which is fine with me.

So yeah, I'm not sure you really need this if you have the above mentioned games, but if you like Crimsonland and/or are desperate for more procgen top-down shooters it's very good fun.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:10:50 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic