Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 10:26:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905173 times)
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: May 09, 2016, 03:33:09 AM »

Played Skyrim again yesterday. Had a pretty good time. I'd never actually taken the time to really pay attention to what was going on before, as I was really just following quest markers and beating dungeons. Now that I'm able to pay attention to the story a bit more, it's really dawning on me why so many people enjoyed this game.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: May 09, 2016, 03:52:36 AM »

Morrowind is one of my all time faves and I don't even really know what the story is about lol
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: May 09, 2016, 05:18:06 AM »

Well, I should also mention that I've actually been roleplaying this time around, so maybe that's part of my enjoyment. Also playing as a female Khajiit mage is super fun. Raising zombies to fight for you is da best!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: May 09, 2016, 08:20:57 AM »

Beat both Dark Souls 3 and Yakuza 5 in the last 24 hours with my partner. She LOVES Yakuza now and I think that means we'll be going through the whole series.

I thought Yakuza 5 was good but I felt Yakuza 4 was a lot better. Maybe because there's more to do in Kamurocho and I love Okinawa.

DS3 seems surprisingly short..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:30:34 AM by InfiniteStateMachine » Logged

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: May 09, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »

I just played Stellaris for several hours. It's basically Paradox grand strategy meets space 4X. Instead of being thrown into a complex political situation and having to look out for your own, you first have to build up that world yourself via colonizing planets and building your empire. Once all the various empires reach a point where they border on each other, the game starts turning into typical Paradox-style diplomacy and territorial squabbles between many small factions.

Of course this isn't Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4 level yet, but those games needed several years of patches and DLCs to get where they are. Stellaris is off to a very very robust start though (it's their most polished game yet in fact) and it's already great (and yes I think it's better than Distant Worlds).

Also designing and roleplaying your own alien species is really satisfying. I made a race of theocratic slug people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:06:15 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8245 on: May 09, 2016, 07:52:37 PM »

Played a lot of Overwatch beta this weekend and it's very very good. Yes it is a lot like Team Fortress but with more variety and each hero has a lot of personality. Everything seems very well planned with a lot of attention to detail. There's also more encouragement to teamplay like on mobas.

Gonna have to buy it now :/

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8246 on: May 10, 2016, 01:17:03 AM »

I just played Stellaris for several hours. It's basically Paradox grand strategy meets space 4X. Instead of being thrown into a complex political situation and having to look out for your own, you first have to build up that world yourself via colonizing planets and building your empire. Once all the various empires reach a point where they border on each other, the game starts turning into typical Paradox-style diplomacy and territorial squabbles between many small factions.

Of course this isn't Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4 level yet, but those games needed several years of patches and DLCs to get where they are. Stellaris is off to a very very robust start though (it's their most polished game yet in fact) and it's already great (and yes I think it's better than Distant Worlds).

Also designing and roleplaying your own alien species is really satisfying. I made a race of theocratic slug people.
40-70 euro is quite a bit, given that universalis is €40 and perhaps more complete as you say. But it sounds really good tho. You've sold it.

Gonna buy it for a CS:GO knife Tongue

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: May 10, 2016, 02:17:45 AM »

Well actually I don't think the vanilla EU4 is thaaaat much bigger than Stellaris, you'd need to also buy a bunch of DLCs. Also if you've never played a Paradox game before, Stellaris is probably on the "accessible" end of their catalog, mainly because diplomacy is simpler than usual. Also the whole 4x empire building kinda eases you into it, compared to their historical games that just drop you into the middle of a very busy simulated world, which can be overwhelming at first.

EDIT: I'm not sure you really need to buy Stellaris right now tho. I'd wait for a few patches at least. Some people are experiencing crashes and performance issues. Thankfully I'm lucky so far.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:34:34 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8248 on: May 10, 2016, 02:37:56 AM »

Well actually I don't think the vanilla EU4 is thaaaat much bigger than Stellaris, you'd need to also buy a bunch of DLCs. Also if you've never played a Paradox game before, Stellaris is probably on the "accessible" end of their catalog, mainly because diplomacy is simpler than usual. Also the whole 4x empire building kinda eases you into it, compared to their historical games that just drop you into the middle of a very busy simulated world, which can be overwhelming at first.
I have Crusader II and Universalis IV, but I guess I play more Total War, I haven't really dived all into the Paradox games, admittedly. And yea, the basic package is 40 to 40, fair enough. That's one DLC and the usual stuff for 30 euro btw. A bit much perhaps. Oh well. I will have to buy the basic edition on some sale, can't leave my Paradox collection all that incomplete Smiley

neutonm
Level 0

Elusive Slacker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8249 on: May 10, 2016, 05:45:27 AM »

Tried Blizzard's Overwatch recently. Dedicated few hours for it with great pleasure and excitement but after it... Boom! Game bored me to death and i feel sick about it. No idea why.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8250 on: May 10, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »

i enjoyed the lil bit of overwatch i played... but now it's uncharted time.

there's still a part of me that is disappointed that this isn't Unkarted, though.

readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8251 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »

I'm playing through Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on my Wii U again. Such a silly, wonderful game.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: May 11, 2016, 04:36:47 PM »

I got completely CRUSHED by a fallen empire in Stellaris so started a new game (I always play ironman bc fuck everything else  Cool)

Fallen empires are remnants of ancient superpowers that are spawned during mapgen. They are stagnant societies so they just spend the entire game sitting in their corner of the map being bitter and attacking anyone who does something they don't like (so kinda like your average internet nerd lol).

However, despite being "fallen" they still have ungodly large fleets. I provoked one due to border disputes and their fleets were larger than those of all the empires of my entire federation combined. RIP.
Gamedragon
« Reply #8253 on: May 13, 2016, 03:31:18 PM »

Dwarf Fortress 43.02 came out, it's pretty great. Also been playing in the Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tournament and been actually doing not too badly (for my standards). Stellaris sounds great, I'm definitely going to get it.
halk3n
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: May 14, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »

Half way through my first play of Star Fox Zero. I'm quite amazed at how much the hardware has been integrated into the mechanics. It might be the first time I can say with confidence that the second screen is functional and necessary. Definitely the best Star Fox game to date.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: May 14, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »

uhm... from what i've heard almost everyone considers the gamepad integration the game's biggest flaw. what do you think is good about it?
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: May 14, 2016, 01:17:35 PM »

That's not true, it's a very divise game. It's either hate it or great

Deja vue

Look at neogaf starfox thread when possible

Gamedragon
« Reply #8257 on: May 14, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »

I've never actually played a Starfox game, I should probably play one.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: May 14, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »

Dwarf Fortress 43.02 came out, it's pretty great. Also been playing in the Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tournament and been actually doing not too badly (for my standards). Stellaris sounds great, I'm definitely going to get it.

oooh just read the changelog. looks like toady is finally starting to integrate adventure mode with fortress mode for real now. maybe i should get back into the game.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: May 14, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »

Still playing through various import-only JRPGs.

In particular, I started Linda Cube.

Linda Cube is one goddamn hell of an experience.

Explore a vast galaxy full of wonder! Paradox Development Studio

whatwhatWHAAAAAAAAT

o dangs i might need to get back into the ol' PC gaming again

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic