Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 09:04:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioFeedback Welcome On Latest Video Game Soundtrack
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback Welcome On Latest Video Game Soundtrack  (Read 5152 times)
miraduel
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2022, 12:07:51 PM »

Hi guys,

Recently I released seven tracks for a video game called 'The Little Green Mage.' The game is inspired by Irish and Celtic folklore.

I went quite in depth with the production, and this was quite time consuming. For all you game composers out there: how much time are you spending on each track? When you do know when something is finished? Do you think for video game music I could scale back the production and make tracks that are a bit more bare bones, or would this be a compromise?

Would love to know what you think. If you have any tracks you want feedback on, post them below and I'll give my thoughts.

Thanks

msmagala
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 12:20:31 AM »

These are some really well-polished tracks and they sound great. I can tell you've put a lot of effort into creating them and you should be really proud with what you've achieved!

As for your question on "how long" to spend on production, I think it all depends on the point of the task at hand. For example, if you're writing for a paying client, then you should absolutely work on the music and production for a large amount of time to deliver the best product possible. This music can then be used on your portfolio for future projects.
If it is for other reasons like practicing or writing music for free, in my opinion you don't shouldn't go into so much detail if you think it's too time consuming. Instead, you should focus your time and maybe highlight an area of production you find tricky, and work on that instead of attempting to have a completely fully produced track every time.

Hello! My name is Marek, and I'm Composer for Videogames. I have a passion for storytelling through games and music, and love to work on new and exciting projects. www.mjsmagala.com
Marit Lage
Level 0

TaVu NaLoHa SeKhSa Vo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 12:55:22 AM »

Nice work . On the fourth track , i would put a bit of dist on the strings right at the beginning , on the fifth track , replace the sort of pirate swing with solid marble floor whole notes .

Most of the songs i do i work on for about a week or two , tho it·s not uncommon for me to spend a month and a half if it·s a track i want to get just right . 

(She/Her__English is my third language .)
Well , anyway . I never have to justify myself ever again .
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic