Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 09:06:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessThe Flash Game Market Vs Good Games
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The Flash Game Market Vs Good Games  (Read 4953 times)
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 09:02:48 AM »

yes, but it's usually exclusive distribution rights, which are pretty major. you also usually have to alter your game to put someone's logo / link to their site in it. i also haven't really heard of a game that was sponsored *and* sold to customers, can you think of any examples? usually they only sponsor free games.

Steambirds was sold the ios & android versions while the flash version was sponsored by armor games.

mirosurabu
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 09:18:46 AM »

yes, but it's usually exclusive distribution rights, which are pretty major. you also usually have to alter your game to put someone's logo / link to their site in it. i also haven't really heard of a game that was sponsored *and* sold to customers, can you think of any examples? usually they only sponsor free games.

You only sell Web distribution rights. Yes, the game you get sponsored must be free, but you can also have a version that is commercial provided it's not a distributable Web game.

Examples: Steambirds, Doodle God, Karoshi Factory, Warlords and Solipskier.

All of these sell on iPhone, but I'm pretty sure you can sell a PC downloadable too, though, obviously, you'd have to include "added value".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:28:38 AM by mirosurabu » Logged
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 03:46:18 AM »

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. I really think more people should be selling flash games.

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 07:08:28 AM »

Steambirds was sold the ios & android versions while the flash version was sponsored by armor games.

And this is a model I think we'll see more of. Indeed, it's approximately what we used for UpBot Goes Up which has a free-to-play Flash version that's sponsored and an enhanced version on the XBox that has more levels and looks and sounds better. (We'll also have an enhanced iPhone version, probably later this year.)

MattG
Level 5

Pictures Of Trains

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 04:31:45 AM »

your game looks awesome. The particles mixed with vectors looks real cool. Too bad there is so many flash and asteroids games that makes it hard for space rubbish to stand out to the masses
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic