Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 03:07:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinesswin a FREE 160x600 banner for 2 weeks
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: win a FREE 160x600 banner for 2 weeks  (Read 1291 times)
m3xican
Level 1

si vis pacem para bellum

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:11:37 AM »

Lowpoly Studios is running a contest offering a free banner for 2 weeks on our Flash games portal AskFlashGames as prize.

The spot reserved for the contest is the 160x600 side banner showed on every page with a game on it (example page).
A good banner placed on that spot can easily get tens of clicks per day and about 90% of the traffic is from the USA, so the prize is worth tens of $.

For more info about how to enter the contest and all the rules, check the contest announce.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Davide "m3xican" Coppola - Vindicta Games

Sim Betting Football, the only football betting simulation game
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »

tens of clicks per day isn't very much

since i already follow lowpolystudios on twitter though am i automatically entered without having to do anything?

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »

You should clean up your forum. Most of the replies there are spam posts. Doesn't really give off a good impression.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
m3xican
Level 1

si vis pacem para bellum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 02:19:28 AM »

tens of clicks per day isn't very much
Maybe, but it's for 14 days, so 14 * tens = hundreds and I think it's better than nothing.
Anyway, it's a contest, so if the prize is not good enough for you, you're free to not enter.

since i already follow lowpolystudios on twitter though am i automatically entered without having to do anything?

if you're already following LowpolyStudios on Twitter, you also need to RT the message "#WinFreeAd #contest by @LowpolyStudios - ENTER NOW: http://bit.ly/jn5zy3".

m3xican
Level 1

si vis pacem para bellum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:20:52 AM »

You should clean up your forum. Most of the replies there are spam posts. Doesn't really give off a good impression.
I spent 40 minutes deleting spam last night, 2 more spammers right now. That's pretty annoying...  Lips Sealed

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:47:11 AM »

You need better protection to stop spambots from automatically registering. There are a bunch of mods for phpBB3 that you can install. I'm using phpBB2 myself, but one effective anti-spam mod I've got installed myself is to have an "invisible" field in the signup form. Invisible meaning that it's there in the code of the page, but there's no actual box for a human user to fill in. A spambot only reads the code of the page and injects its info directly to the php signup page, so it'll fill in this invisible field. You then just don't allow registrations to go through that have any content in this invisible field.

Another anti-spam mod I've got installed is having the new member enter a code when signing up. There's a link right next to the box where the code should be entered taking the member to a forum post that tells him what the code is, so the member just punches in this code. A spambot won't follow this link and won't know what the code is. I'm sure there are similar mods for phpBB3.

With these two precautions, I only receive one or two spam posts a month, and I think they're from human spammers that actually sign up manually to post their spam.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
m3xican
Level 1

si vis pacem para bellum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »

to be honest forum spam's never been a real problem until yesterday...
I'm probably going to dig the phpBB3 plugins tonight and try to find something like the ones you suggested.
Thanks for the tips Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic