Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 10:28:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessNeed Help Publishing an Auto-Updating XNA Game on Google Site
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need Help Publishing an Auto-Updating XNA Game on Google Site  (Read 1845 times)
civicdude95
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:50:06 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to put my first build of my XNA game on my Google site and I am having trouble getting a test XNA game to auto-update. I'm having no problems uploading/downloading a zip file of the publish folder (that VS creates when you click "Publish") but I cannot seem to get the auto-updating to work if I publish a new version.

Has anyone tried this before and had success and/or have a suggestion for what I should do? The things I want are: 1) Avoid forcing people to manually download and install each version of the game and 2) Use Google sites if at all possible because I'm cheap and this is just for my personal enjoyment. If I start selling this and making money then I would probably get a real website.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:44:37 PM »

Blink I'll be watching this thread... as all my XNA PC games have been distributed via disk with no Auto-Update.

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
civicdude95
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 06:54:07 AM »

So I've been less than successful at figuring out how to do this with Google Sites and I'm considering moving to a traditional web hosting service, though I would prefer it to be a free service if at all possible. Does anyone know of one that will allow me to do what I'm trying to do (essentially, load up .exe files and a couple of folders with other files in them, or just give ftp access and possibly add some MIME types as well)?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic