Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:07:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThe Inaugural TIGSTWG: Episode Zero: Origins: Humans Win!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: The Inaugural TIGSTWG: Episode Zero: Origins: Humans Win!  (Read 33792 times)
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2008, 12:49:39 PM »

OK everyone, signups are now CLOSED! I went for 16 in the end, as 20 was maybe a little hopeful.

PMs have been sent to all of you! Once you reply, we can get this thing underway! Grin

Here is a list of all players currently playing:

TeamQuiggan-lynched D2
gummikana-eaten N3
Blademasterbobo-lynched D5
Lazer-eaten N4
skaldicpoet9-inactive
Xotes-eaten N1
Fishymuffin-eaten N6
Corpus-lynched D6
Hideous-eaten N5
Akhel
ninjascience-lynched D3
jstckr-eaten N2
the_depraved
Massena-Vigilante killing D4
Terry-lynched D1
Xion

I'll keep this space updated with any special info. Mostly, though, I'll just be posting whenever it changes from day to night or vice versa, and obviously announcing who has been killed.

Original stuff below:

Welcome to the Inaugural TIGSTWG: Episode Zero: Origins!

So, let's see if we can get a TIGS 'The Werewolf Game' going!

Basic rules can be found here but I'll go into detail with a few of them, along with basic forum-specific mechanics and a couple of rules which I'm also imposing:

• I (the GM) will only speak to clarify rules, if that is even necessary. Nothing I say can or should be read into. If I have to speak to any player in private (which will most likely be via PM) I may not be referenced or quoted at all.
  • Any communication outside of this thread (PMs, MSN, IRC etc.) is permitted, but please don't quote things or reference these conversations, because there is no way to prove that these things have been said for definite -  it spoils the fun of the game, so just let it be.
  • No posting at night. Everyone is asleep. Tongue
  • Your votes must go in bold.
  • If you wish to change your vote in a subsequent post, you may do so by simply voting again, and then going back to your original vote and removing the bold tags from it. It also greatly helps if you put (retracted) or something similar after your original vote, as it eases my job. Wink
  • When a player dies, either by lynching or becoming dinner, their role is not revealed.
  • Wolves can't eat other wolves. Lips Sealed
  • If there is a tie between two or more people, a vote-off will occur. The day will be extended, and every person will have the chance to re-cast their vote, but only for one of the players in the vote-off. Obviously, these players have one last chance to defend themselves.
  • The day will last approximately 24 hours (depending on my availability), and the night has no real fixed length, I'll end it when everyone has performed their nightly duties. Could be an hour, could be 12, could be longer - although I'll try my best to keep the nights fairly short. Smiley
  • It's a GAME; have FUN. No dirty tactics, no gamesmanship, no personal attacks. I'm the GM and my word is final. Wink

We'll be having a few special roles (copied from the handy rules page, but adapted in some places):

The Seer - Each night, the Seer will have a vision on the player of his choice. The host will then tell the Seer whether the chosen player is either human or a werewolf.

The Guardian Angel - Once a night, the Guardian Angel pledges his protection to another player. If the wolves go after a player that the Angel had protected, the attack fails and nobody is killed that night. The following day, the players are informed of which player had cheated death, essentially exonerating that player from any further suspicion (since werewolves can't kill their own at night). The Angel can protect the same person repeatedly if he wishes, but cannot protect himself.

The Vigilante - Once in the game, during daytime, the Vigilante is allowed to kill any other player out in the open by publicly exposing his role and posting which player he wants to eliminate. This kill replaces the lynching - the day is considered over. The GM must confirm this, so that there is no chance of a wolf (or another human) impersonating him.

For this game (which will be my first as GM!) I think 20 players would be a good number. Sign-ups are now OPEN! Any questions about anything related to this game, feel free to PM me or contact me however you like. Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:03:12 AM by shinygerbil » Logged

olücæbelel
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »

I'm Down.BOLD
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:15:55 AM by TeamQuiggan » Logged

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »

heh, forgot to mention: if you want in, put something in bold in your post. TeamQuiggan, I'll count you in, don't worry Wink

olücæbelel
gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »

Count me in!

Petri Purho
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »

Count me in!

Also:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:42:02 PM by Blademasterbobo » Logged

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

Let's do this thing.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

I am definitely in Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »

I'm in on this, all right.  Cool
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:08:05 AM by Xotes » Logged

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Fishymuffin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 02:16:51 AM »

I'm in
Corpus
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 02:36:21 AM »

I am... in.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 09:06:45 AM »

Alright, two things. When playing this game on a forum, it's very unnecessary to have a day and a night - The ones who have actions to do during the night perform these at the same time as everyone else, via PMs or email. Then when the GM posts an update, you simply advance to the next day.

Second, I'm in.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 10:07:55 AM »

I'd like to play too. Smiley
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »

Alright, two things. When playing this game on a forum, it's very unnecessary to have a day and a night - The ones who have actions to do during the night perform these at the same time as everyone else, via PMs or email. Then when the GM posts an update, you simply advance to the next day.
Mmmkay, I'll try that out, I think you're right. I've always had a "night" period whenever I've played it, but I do agree that it is a little redundant. So what I'll do is encourage specials to get their PMs to me early (preferably before the day ends) and I'll start the next day as soon as I have received everything I need. Smiley

Keep signing up, people! We need MORE!!

olücæbelel
ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »

ninja in
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 03:11:48 AM »

IN.

the_depraved
Level 1

Smile like a donut.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »

dibs.

up down left right upper cut.
Fishymuffin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 06:27:13 AM »

I suggest we extend the 24h deadline, as I've tried to run a forum mafia game before and 24 hours is far too short. More than a few people can't log in everyday. Not that im complaining of course.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:31:01 AM by Fishymuffin » Logged
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 06:12:40 AM »

Yeah, judging by the slow rate at which people are signing up (HINT HINT Lips Sealed ), it looks like the days may have to last longer. Especially given timezones etc.

also, BUMP.

olücæbelel
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 06:23:13 AM »

Wait a sec... If this is EPISODE ZERO: (All caps for impressiveness) it'll have an actual plotline? I doubt that, but there's always a chance...

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 06:41:57 AM »

Heh, probably not, but it's a nice idea. Maybe if I can think of something, but again I doubt it Tongue

(also, I'm thinking 20 was a bit too much to ask for. Is everyone too busy VGNGing??)

olücæbelel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic