Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:10:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralwe should start a TIGPodcast
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: we should start a TIGPodcast  (Read 6259 times)
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »

I'd like to help out in some capacity, but logistically these things are a nightmare if there are lots of participants.

As long as everyone has a clearly defined job and no one's pulling double duty it should make things a bit easier.  For instance, the host shouldn't also be doing reviews, and the news person shouldn't also be doing interviews, etc.  Give each person a specific assignment and have a dedicated sound person stitch them all together.

tweet tweet @j_younger
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 05:05:03 AM »

Hmm, unless everyone is 100% into it, it'll still be like herding cats, even if it's separate pieces filed by separate people. As I say, willing to lend my vocal chords to the exercise, but we need to have something pretty concrete in place.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Chrissketch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 08:59:40 PM »

Scott Kurtz and Kris Straub sometimes do live podcasts via TalkShoe. I've sat in on one. Folks can call in or chat live with whoever is hosting. We had quite a riveting, semi-impromptu discussion on, erm, wiping habits.  Undecided   Tongue

Anyway, considering the amount of in-jokes that float around here, it would be a shame if only two or three people are able to take part in this.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 03:14:54 AM »

In jokes are baaaaaaad if you're making a podcast, though. I mean who are you making it for? The 100 regular users of this forum or would you like to break out a bit from that? In jokes are fine if they're set up during the life of the podcast, but to just start out by doing stuff about monocles and owls and expecting all the listeners to "get it" would be a bad idea, especially as if the podcast is funny, you'll get listeners who really don't give a crap about indie games listening, too. I certainly had listeners who only listened for the jokes.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 04:04:02 AM »

Yes I agree Graham.  Forum in-jokes wouldn't work, and I personally get a bit tired of them.  I wish you would do a TIGARSEcast though (but hopefully with a better name than that).  You were the all seeing eye of Indie games!  I used to really look forward to your old ones, and had high hopes for your collab with Bob.

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 04:56:17 AM »

That's very kind of you to say so but most of my writing time goes into doing stand-up comedy these days, but if the format was a more in-depth roundtable discussion of a few key games a month rather than trying to cover them all, then I could get behind that. It's just finding those games.

Chrissketch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »

Ah my mistake. I was under the impression that the podcast would have been targeted at a community audience. If you're aiming wider than that, then yes, in-jokes are bad.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »

Well, it seems kinda' wasteful to do a podcast and not try to expand the audience, otherwise we may as well just have a circle-jerk. Wink

Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »

Podcast ok, fine, but circle-jerk? Now that's classy.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »

Well i'd like a podcast that highlights a bunch of games that are new in the past month, and then a discussion of other news and trends.  maybe also a formal interview with a dev.

A format like that, 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 minutes, would be awesome and I would love to listen to it.

@doomlaser, mark johns
the_depraved
Level 1

Smile like a donut.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »

i could see one or two people on each of those parts. i could also see it being rather satirical.

up down left right upper cut.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 06:45:35 PM »

Well i'd like a podcast that highlights a bunch of games that are new in the past month, and then a discussion of other news and trends.  maybe also a formal interview with a dev.

A format like that, 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 minutes, would be awesome and I would love to listen to it.

As I say, willing to lend my vocal chords to the exercise, but we need to have something pretty concrete in place.

This all sounds great. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic