Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:41:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFavorite Conspiracy Theories (You have heard while riding the bus)?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Favorite Conspiracy Theories (You have heard while riding the bus)?  (Read 9642 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »

Conspiracy theories are always fun and I was just sitting here thinking about what some of my favorite were. What got me onto thinking about this was this, which I am sure that most of you by now have heard of. There are so many out there that I thought it would be fun to share our favorites so....

Mine would have to be the Ancient Sumerian/Nibiru/End of the World conspiracy

If you have ever read Jim Marrs' Rule to Secrecy then you already know a bit about it. I find the whole thing to be very compelling. It definitely makes for some interesting reading. I think the reason that I find this conspiracy so interesting is due to the fact that it seems to be the one big conspiracy that all others tie into (The Freemasons, Alien Abductions, The Illuminati etc...) it pretty much takes all of the other conspiracies and gives them one final, grand vindication that all is not as we think it is on planet Earth.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:44:20 PM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:46:05 AM »

My favorite ones that I believe in:
- CFR / shadow governments / secret societies
- Government surveillance programs
- Cures for some diseases being covered up / suppressed
- Jesus as a myth / never existed

My favorite ones that I don't believe in:
- The Lizard People
- Xenu

Ones that I'm still on the fence about and need to do more investigation:
- Water fluoridation
- Tesla Weather Station -> HAARP
- Global warming not existing
- Peak oil

Ones that are lame/boring to me (and I don't believe in them):
- Chemtrails
- UFOs
- Famous assassinations really done by people other than who was blamed for it (perhaps some are true, but not most)
- AIDS as man-made
- Crop Circles
- 9/11 conspiracies

I found a good list of them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:46:37 AM »

Bill Gates is the Devil.

Al King
Level 1

Nobody expects...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:54:46 AM »

- Water fluoridation

Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake - children's ice cream!

My current favourite - Derek hates OSX  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:59:49 AM by KingAl » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 04:25:16 AM »

As far as I know anything made with tap water in part would have fluoride in it, such as soup and ice cream.

Al King
Level 1

Nobody expects...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:01:48 AM »

All of the anti-fluoridation stuff I've seen is completely oblivious to the concept of trace elements/micronutrients, and seems to declare that because fluoride is toxic in large quantities, it can't possibly be good for people. On the other hand, drinking water isn't the most accurate way to mete out anything, but I'm not sure what kind of quantities we're talking about i.e. what the room for error is regarding the relative positive and negative effects. Certainly, no-one will be poisoned by fluoride in the water supply.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:14:02 AM by KingAl » Logged
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 05:03:27 AM »

- CFR / shadow governments / secret societies
- Jesus as a myth / never existed

I have to agree with you there. In my slightly conspiracy slanted opinion all governments are controlled by a select few individuals that plot the course of human events.

The one that is even more interesting then Jesus never having existed is the one where Jesus was actually thought to have been a "sage" comparable to the Buddha or Lao Tzu. There is some speculation that a man by the name of Issa that visited a Buddhist monastery around the time that Jesus was purported to live, is actually Jesus himself. I think that he may have existed but that he wasn't necessarily the son of god. From what I have read in the Gnostic version of Christianity, Jesus actually made reference to all of us being "sons and daughters of god" and that we all have the ability to "do these things that I am able to do", so it is not far of a stretch to assume that the people who heard these words thought that he was explicitly stating that he was the son of god.

btw...what is the Tesla Water Station and HAARP? I don't believe I have ever heard of those.

Bill Gates is the Devil.

It's pretty obvious isn't it?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:06:36 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
skrew
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 05:29:24 AM »

Once upon a time i was sitting in a teepee at a psytrance rave talking conspiracy theories with complete randoms and we got on to the topic of flouride in the water. And from what i understood from the hippy psycho babble was that flouride has undocumented properties that cause docility in the population when put into the water supply, making people feel scared and powerless. That Hitler tactfully used it during WW2 on his people and all sorts of things like that. They put flouride in the water in melbourne where i live. it keeps your teeth nice and shiny and keeps me at home all day  :D
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 06:00:56 AM »

My take on the Jesus case, is that IMO Jesus was actually a cult leader with many followers at the time and he started becoming a nuisance for the powers that be (think of him as an ancient version of the Al Sadr cleric in Iraq). Some researchers have suggested that he would have been puprosedly betrayed by his mother and brother in order to create a martyr and to radicalize the followers (they would then take control of the sect).
I don't believe in the supernatural aspect of his life of course, but I'm not going to fight to impose my point of view on believers.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:03:36 AM by moi » Logged

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 06:56:50 AM »

I think Jesus is a made up character entirely. If Jesus really was what he is said to have been, then there would have been many many more historical accounts of his existence throughout the earliest days.

Jesus never made a religion out of his believes other people with lust for power did.

"Fun is rule."
princec
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 07:14:58 AM »

I think this thread is a conspiracy to try and out all the people with conspiracy theories so the black helicopters can come and take them away.

Cas Smiley

alphasmart
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »

I think Jesus is a made up character entirely. If Jesus really was what he is said to have been, then there would have been many many more historical accounts of his existence throughout the earliest days.

what, like these?

Jesus never made a religion out of his believes other people with lust for power did.

Would you care to give a 12000-word explanation of this statement, fully referenced and sourced?  I'd quite like to know what makes you think that.
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:34:48 AM »

I don't think he meant passages from the bible. Someone who doesn't believe in God/Jesus probably won't take the prophetic teachings of the bible seriously.

Would you care to give a 12000-word explanation of this statement, fully referenced and sourced?  I'd quite like to know what makes you think that.

Huh?

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 09:05:09 AM »

Well there are some but very few historical records of Jesus, however, these are often not counted due to the fact that the earliest account (transcribed by the Jewish historian Josephus) dates from around 90 A.D.

So yes, it is very hard to make a case for an actual person by the name of Jesus due to the incomplete nature of the historical record. In fact there is a book called "The Jesus Mysteries" in which the authors draw many parallels between the symbols attributed to Jesus and the old Pagan mystery religions. And make a case that the Jesus story is actually a modified Jewish form of these Pagan myths. Actually if you haven't already I recommend reading it, very interesting stuff.

And speaking of conspiracy theories...maybe all of the records of Jesus were actually expunged from the church due to the inconsistencies between the historical Jesus and the Jesus that the church wanted to advertise in order to consolidate their power....hmmmm...

I think this thread is a conspiracy to try and out all the people with conspiracy theories so the black helicopters can come and take them away.

Cas Smiley

Mwahhahahahah and you fell for it as well :D

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »

Huh? Please, let's not turn this into a religious war. You have your beliefs, others have theirs. Neither can be proved. What do you hope to gain?

why has nobody mentioned....THE MOON. My favourite.

(not the existence of the moon itself, but the fact that we have been there, of course Tongue)

olücæbelel
Baltirow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 10:39:02 AM »

Huh? Please, let's not turn this into a religious war. You have your beliefs, others have theirs. Neither can be proved. What do you hope to gain?

why has nobody mentioned....THE MOON. My favourite.

(not the existence of the moon itself, but the fact that we have been there, of course Tongue)

Your little side note made me remember the following:

Round Earth Conspiracy
(I actually saw a better site once, but this one suffices)

The 'moon landing hoax' is indeed very famous, mainly attributed to faulty shadows. Here's some reading for the ignorant.

RadRuss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »

Yeah the Flat Earth Society forums are always great for a laugh, although there are some serious minds on there who argue the point just for the sake of scientific debate.  Of course, there are also the crazies.

In addition to the Flat Earth Theory, there's also a Hollow Earth Theory, based on some experiment done hundreds of years ago which found that two plumb bobs hung down mine shafts miles apart did not curve inwardly toward the center of the earth...something like that. 

Go check out my music!  www.russwallace.net
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »

not the existence of the moon itself

That's exactly how they want you to think. Cool
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »

holy shit, seems like i've been moonrolled all my life :O

olücæbelel
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

I like the Hollow Earthers - if by 'like' I'm allowed to mean ridicule.  Especially the ones who argue that there's no gravity - it's just that the Earth is increasing in size.  ie. you don't fall down, the ground comes up to meet you...

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic