Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411570 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 07:55:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPolytron hacked
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Polytron hacked  (Read 6331 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2014, 02:12:17 PM »

Except where is the source of what you are agreeing on except speculation and biased reports? That's not how journalism works sir.

I see mostly no real fact and a lot of off hand report, from both side, and teh original post from which teh scandal start is actually far more nuanced as he talk about himself and not "agenda".

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »

More than anything else, I hope that this is the rain we’ve been waiting for to wipe this industry clean of people who will manipulate and crush everyone around them in order to get what they want

You mean like protracted bullying campaigns, and hacking / doxing anyone who stands up to it?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:35:06 PM by jamesprimate » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »

I remember when I first came to that rhetoric, do people remember Jade Raymond?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2014, 02:43:25 PM »

Also, everyone already knew gaming journalism is corrupt to some degree, and the only reason this became a huge scandal and other forms of "bribes" for review scores didn't become huge scandals is because /v/ can't get laid. (Not that this was even a real bribe in any way shape or form, she got ONE mention in an article. Maybe she's an awful person or whatever but I'm never going to meet her and probably never going to play her game so I don't care.)
That's a little misleading I think. The censorship is a big part of why this thing got so huge. Mods on various websites tried to cover it up and delete all posts about the scandal. But the posts only increased at an explosive rate, and they were forced to admit defeat and let them talk about it. I think people would have found the scandal a lot less interesting if they had just been allowed to discuss it from the beginning.

i dromed it because it seemed like a bitter dude trying to get revenge on his ex (i still think it is) and bringing in outside drama that has relatively little to do with tig. zoe quinn doesnt even post here.

ofc now that its blown up so much pandoras box is already open and we might as well talk about it here
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2014, 02:43:33 PM »

More than anything else, I hope that this is the rain we’ve been waiting for to wipe this industry clean of people who will manipulate and crush everyone around them in order to get what they want
You mean like protracted bullying campaigns, and hacking / doxing anyone who stands up to it?
Yes.
Like the way she tried to destroy/take down the TFYC's campaign, to promote her own. Even get them doxxed.
And there's the 5 guys scandal, which is not interesting because she cheated on his "boyfriend" or because she slept with some men, but because it's really gives that impression that she is doing something that is called prostition. I also don't get how doing an erotic photoshoot is not against her views of objectification of women, but whatever.
The real problem is not that, but how sites try to cover up her bullshit. Even sites like reddit and 4chan. It's more then ridicolous.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:21:11 PM by Tazi » Logged

pottering
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

ppl talk like it is a conspiracy, but that ex-dude's blog is chock-full of potential libel suits, no wonder mods everywhere deleted links/quotes of it, and journos didn't touch it (at least not as journos).
makehimanoffer
Level 0

I make good games, I swear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2014, 03:30:55 PM »

potential for libel suits? as in defamation of character? with her own words being present? What?
I'm sorry but he doesn't go: "This person kills puppies"
He goes: "This person, as seen in this message image here, has confided in me that she kills puppies"
Not exactly libel.

Overall, Polytron being hacked is shitty. But Phil Fish makes it really hard to pity him.
Zoe Quinn getting abuse and doxxed is shitty, like super shitty. But the equivalent of almost insider trading is going on in this hizhouse. The post about Game_Jam on Kotaku writes about Zoe wanting that guys head. That Jam gets wrecked, a guy loses his job because of the negative coverage. Zoe sets up Rebel Jam the same day the post comes out. Donations going straight to her personal account. No details, no dates, no times. That's fucking suspect as shit.

But, the issue there is, is this: Polytron got hacked because Phil Fish supported Zoe Quinn. I personally believe that Phil Fish supporting Quinn publicly did not benefit her in the slightest and only serves to make it worse. Because people hate Phil Fish. But that still doesn't excuse hacking and doxxing and private lives issues.

As the ex boyfriend has said himself, the reason he made the post was to warn people of the manipulation of Zoe, but it seems that even if that was the motive, alot of extra information was included for no reason.

It's all a conspiracy. 9/11 was an inside job. The Holocaust never Happened. Moon Landing was Fake. The US is still under the control of the British.

PS. I wonder how much the going price for the Fez IP will be.

Not everything you call a game is a game. We need new definitions. We need interactive experiences. Short Interactions. And Games. Otherwise I'll accidentally end up playing a 'not game' and bitch about it on the internet.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »

About Phil Fish, I'm so far supported what he did, and even if he had his harsh ways of channeling his opinion, I think he was mostly right. I don't think the "choke on it" part was an unreasonably reaction when someone wanted to shame him with a lie. Japanese games suck? Keiji Inafune said the same thing anyway. So that was all okay to me, until the last months, when he did things like:
- Canceling FEZ2 because he couldn't withstand the shitstorm he actually generated around himself with his style.
- Claiming that youtube let's players should pay him money. Well, not just "should pay", but they actually owe him money. That's something he deserves.
- He said we gamers, who actually supported him in the past, we don't deserve FEZ2.
- There were probably more like that...

Now, I still don't hate him, I don't wish him bad luck, but yet I just can't feel any empathy towards his situation. Maybe he shouldn't stick a target marking on his forehead?
I'll still play FEZ2 tho, if he ever makes it. Or someone else. And I gonna still play Depression Quest too, bacause some failures on a personal level don't destroy the enjoyment of the art itself to me.
But really, both of them are terrible people.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:58:36 PM by Tazi » Logged

pottering
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »

every time you accuse someone of something with serious repercussions it has the potential for libel suits, winning the suit or not (and having the money, time AND patience for the defense, etc) is another question
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »

When did yogcast get harassed, hacked, doxxed and harrass for exploiting fan and naive dev?

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »

she tried to destroy/take down the TFYC's campaign, to promote her own

They were deliberately transphobic in their selection process. She pointed it out.
Her own what? Her own already successful patreon that's not connected to them in any way?

And there's the 5 guys scandal, which is not interesting because she cheated on his "boyfriend" or because she slept with some men, but because it's really gives that impression that she is doing something that is called prostition. I also don't get how doing an erotic photoshoot is not against her views of objectification of women, but whatever.

This presumes that everything her angry ex said was true, which is absurd.
Out of context chat logs with red circles and arrows drawn on them as evidence? Claims that she could refute outright and you still wouldn't believe her?
If she has control over her body and does what she wants with it, how is it objectification?

- Canceling FEZ2 because he couldn't withstand the shitstorm he actually generated around himself with his style.
- Claiming that youtube let's players should pay him money. Well, not just "should pay", but they actually owe him money. That's something he deserves.
- He said we gamers, who actually supported him in the past, we don't deserve FEZ2.

- One person can start a shitstorm but it takes more people to keep it going.
- YouTube politics need to be dealt with, and exploitative practices came to light as a result of this discussion.
- You're still desperately trying to find reasons to dislike a person you've never met because of video games. So maybe you don't deserve it.

But really, both of them are terrible people.

All you know about either of them is that they're angry, on the internet. And that people abuse them consistently, on the internet. Everything else is hype and conjecture. Most of the hype and conjecture comes from people who have a vested interest in harming them. Maybe you shouldn't believe it.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »

After looking at young capitalist
- ask girl for idea
- winning girl not involve in the creating process
- keep 92% of the profit to themselves

That's not girl empowerment, they don't get girl to make and learn about creating games, they basically exploit the girl idea to themselves while crowdsourcing idea

It's a practice in logo design that is despise in the graphic design community

No wonder it has been labeled exploitative

ink.inc
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »

mostly its just

not a very interesting design
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »

Lesson of the day: politic sucks.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »

Time to abuse my mod powers to respond to a locked thread!

There is no conspiracy. Game journalism/indie scene is not corrupt; it has, at worst, mild nepotism for exposure, as people tend to write about what they already know about; it's why no-name indies often have trouble becoming known without a well-known benefactor. Sex and money for exposure is definitely not a thing, though, and the main problem with game journalism is not indies. It's that stupid assholes want to keep it the same boring drivel bullshit "number score reviews" it has been for several decades.

The industry is seeing a huge shift, and it's one that is leaving the average shitty channer/redditor in the dust. Zoe's ex did a very very shitty thing by airing all their laundry in public and implying her success was because of fucking around, and channers took hold of it to push back against the evolution of games.

If you think this ZQ thing is about integrity at all, you're a fucking idiot.

Edit: Hi 4chan! I didn't actually lock this thread, so maybe you should get your facts straight.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:57:18 AM by Dragonmaw » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic