Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411586 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 06:59:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Kickstarter] Freezeme - 3d Action Platformer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Freezeme - 3d Action Platformer  (Read 9261 times)
misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you some early footage of a game that I've been working for the past year.

KICKSTARTER
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/680102942/freezeme

What is FreezeME?

Is a 3D platformer that tries to resemble the platformers of the N-64 era.

Anything new?
The main distinguishing mechanic is that the player (R) can take pictures and “freeze” for a short period of time enemies and objects, generating new and interesting gameplay situations.

What is the plot about?
The Evil Fat the Cat, following his attempts to create a Free-Dog-World, has kidnapped R's best friend (N).
But to enter Fat the Cat possession's, where N is secluded, R will need to collect enough of an ancient material to be able to forge a special key.

What engine are you using?

Unity3d

On what platforms are you planning to release?
Steam, Wii U, PC, Linux and MAC.

Release Date?
TBC

Hope you like it!

Thank you,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:55:04 PM by misscelan » Logged

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »

That is definitely early. But it looks pretty promising.

Character behaviour seems Mario-esque and tight, not floaty/loose like other 3D games.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »

The first and second images are kind of confusing.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
FamousAspect
Level 1

some day you will die

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »

Just watched the video (without audio). Looks like you're off to a promising start.

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

You had me at N64-era platformer Addicted; I personally believe that was the golden age for platforming games (I know I know: them's fightin' words!).

The game seemed a little generic on the ground, but I started getting that old platformer vibe when you were jumping around in the air.  The lighting seems a bit on the harsh side though.

Following!

CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »

Great looking game! I really like the gameplay mechanic, something quite refreshing! :D
misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »

Thanks very much for all the feedback guys, really, much appreciated!!

@Impmaster - Agreed, that probably wasn’t the most appropriate selection. I was in a rush when I posted this Sad.
There are a few more screenshots here ( http://screenshotsaturday.com/user/RNC_FreezeMe.html ), in any case, I guess the best way to get a grasp of what the game is about is to watch the video posted (  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0co6-CdJhYQ#at=23 )

@InvisibleMan - The light is indeed too harsh at the moment. I´m still messing around with that, also the current colour palette is not completely to my liking either.

@CasePortman - I sent you a private message Smiley

misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »

Some screenshots of the last puzzle I've been working on.
Also changed a bit the light and applied some color correction (still not completely happy with it Sad)

CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »

Looks great! Love how you're bringing back the old playstation platformer merged with a nintendo 64 style along with the freeze mechanic, a big plus in my books!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:49:26 PM by CasePortman » Logged
misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »

Some picutres of the "evil crew". Design + in-game.

Also, first screenshot of the HUB Level, still far from finished.

Hope you like them Smiley

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »

Wow, it looks like the enemies transferred from paper to game quite well Smiley  I like how the spider has a smile on his back; it's a bit like an angler fish Waaagh!

misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

I've been working on many things, from the usual fixing bugs, to implementing new animations and shaders but mainly working on the gameplay logic of the levels.
Also got the help of Case Portman who is composing some really nice tunes for the game, cannot wait to share them! Smiley.

While I'm working on putting together a sort of alpha version so people can check it out, find below some screenshots of the current progresss.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 05:14:45 PM »

I always wanted a dora the explorer 3d game
misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »

Another week went by… working a lot but it doesn’t matter how much, it always feels that not much progress is done Sad .

Again, I’ve been working mainly on the gameplay puzzles, also started working on the level boss battles a bit.

Find below some screenshots of the current progresss.

misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »

New video showing some recent footage, this time with music (from Casey Portman) along with some screenshots.

Hope you like them!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »

Everything is really, really bright in your photos. I'm not sure if it's an effect or not, but I feel like it should be toned down a little bit to feel more natural.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »

I have recently switched the rendering path in Unity Forward Rendering to Deferred Lighting, but  I’m still not fully convinced Sad .

The main advantage of deferred for my game is that you can use shadows with point lights. I started working on some indoor areas where sun (directional light) is not reachable and the result was not fully of my liking.

Even though supposedly I could use lighmaps for those, since my levels are quite big, the final resolution of the lighmpams there makes them almost not noticiable.

On the other hand, the aliasing is more noticiable using deffered as only some post processing and not hardware can be done.

I will stick for the moment with deferred and see how it goes, below some results:

Also, I've playing around with some IA and uploaded a video of the main character "toying" with one of the game´s foes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf4Ygpa6W7M&feature=youtu.be

Hope you like it!

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:20 AM »

Needs 240p with blurry textures mode ..
ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 07:12:41 AM »

Looking very good!  Keep it up Coffee

misscelan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments again InvisibleMan!

There have been a few changes since my last update, the most noticeable one has been the redesign of R, including the mesh and animations.

The AI has been reworked a bit as well as the HUD, where all the elements have been redesign and some new code has been added to it.

The main directional light has been rotated to be completely perpendicular to the objects, so the player can see the shadows of the objects perpendicular to them and measure better their distance.

I have also started working with the profiler, still a long way to go, but with a few tweaks here and there, got around 30% fps increase.

Finally, I have implemented some new FXs.

I have put together a new video showing some of these developments, really hope you like it Smiley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U9zKtAHgxQ&feature=youtu.be

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic