Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 04:22:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingForget Me Not Annie (if Amnesia and Portal had a baby...)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Forget Me Not Annie (if Amnesia and Portal had a baby...)  (Read 861 times)
Player1Games
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is George, I was a game design school student that graduated earlier this year and my final project with my team was a little horror game, about an hour long (unfinished at the end unfortunately), called Forget Me Not Annie. Now ever since we put it online, we had dozens and dozens of fan made play through videos and its been fun to watch them play. But except for 2 videos, none of them are actually giving any feed back. They just play, say its good or bad, then promote their channel and thats it. So i would really love it if you guys could play it and give some actual design feed back. The reason being we are actually acquiring funding to re-create and relaunch this game in its original scale, size, plot and mechanic. very similar just about 20 times bigger. literally, 20 hour game play. So! please! check it out! give it a play in the dark with head phones, i would really love to hear your feedback.

Oh yeah, i was the artist and game director for this project. There was a total of 4 of us + 1 writer over the span of 2 months to create this.

We are on Steam greenlight under
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92984073
our facebook page is
http://www.facebook.com/ForgetMeNotAnnie
And the link to download the game is
http://www.mediafire.com/?4tkqq6yc2c9qre4

i would really appreciate it too if you guys could spread the word for people to like our page on face book (helps boost investor confidence) as well as download and try the demo version of course!

thank you!!

PS. On a personal note i would really love it if you guys could give some feed back on the art specifically as well. This was the first time ive ever made any digital art with photoshop much less 3D with Maya. So, any lessons and criticisms would be welcomed with open arms!

wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »

So you're looking for an actual critique of the game?  Because watching a video like

is pretty informative, even if they don't directly give their critique. 

Personally, jump scares do nothing for me and I feel they make the experience cheezy.  But then, they don't really affect me.  The creepiness is a much bigger factor for me.  I love mystery, and creepy is usually mysterious in and of itself.  Add in some other mystery and you've got a game I'd play.

I didn't finish watching that video because I don't have time, but I got up to the first jump scare, with the red mist.  I was mildly interested in what was going on, but mostly it just seemed like the usual hand-wavy you-don't-know-what's-going-on-because-it's-supernatural stuff.  I like my horror to be a little more in the realm of reality.
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »

Don't have the time to try this out any time soon, but it definitely looks pretty good.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Bumping and keeping an eye on this so I can check on it later.

indiePub
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »

I saw this in my queue, looks great! Gave an upvote.  Smiley
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »

I hate horror of all types and won't play this because of that. The art looks beautiful. What engine/framework was this made in? 2 Months is a short development time, especially for something 3d.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic