Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411646 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 08:39:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFuaim - done!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fuaim - done!  (Read 859 times)
paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:26:27 AM »

Ed:: - Just added a downloadable link on my website: http://www.feltthought.com/fuaim

Hi folks,

Thought I'd share a teaser for a game I'm creating in my spare time and get some feedback.

It's essentially a very loose platformer where every surface has its own gravity force. Moving through the game generates music as you search and peel back the layers of the world.

I hope to keep this thread updated as I work on the game over the coming couple of months, next getting to grips with using Pure Data for the music/sound.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:51:42 PM by McG » Logged
Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »

Looks fun, in a very trippy, zen way.

Also, tell the vocalist from the video that I'm glad she bought a platypus.

paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »

Haha, thanks man. Trippy & zen are two things I'd definitely like to hit.

These shots are from the latest version of the game with a linear level; some recent playtests have encouraged me to possible scrap that as being perhaps too constraining. I might go back to the more open exploratory ideas I had in the beginning. Will see where it leads.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:46:02 AM by McG » Logged
paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 05:45:23 AM »

Done! Page here: http://www.feltthought.com/fuaim

Last time I posted in October I decided to go in a new direction which I never quite got around to. However last month I returned to the game as it was and added some nice tweaks around things like the camera, which brought the game to life. Over the following couple weeks I polished it up and tried to fix all the bugs etc.

I now think of this as a little 10 minute prequel to the other ideas I will get around to if people like this taste. Let me know what you think: what sucks, what could be better and what perhaps has potential.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:41:09 AM by paulmcgg » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic