Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 12:45:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWAIT - Will you wait or leave?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WAIT - Will you wait or leave?  (Read 921 times)
truebluecreature
Level 0

A creature with a strange heart & dreams

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2012, 11:07:10 PM »

A 3 Days made Project & An experimental gameplay between reality & game, loosely based off my life experience which I been waiting about hours for commute to my house during the night & rains.

Decision of life is one of the challenging design to be implement for the game.

Can you handle your patient for much longer or you'll leave the game, just to give up & lose the game?

The main plot/story of the game will be reveal within the game.

(Don't worry, the game won't stay last forever, It'll take a couple of minutes in random)

Download for Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fejkxiw6nl4pv2a/WAIT.exe
Web Version: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/607804

(WARNING SPOILER: Will you wait for someone who already been untrusted to you for last few days/months/years? What if he/she wanted you back?)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:08:50 AM by truebluecreature » Logged
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »

Well, I didn't try it, but I get the feeling you ruined it a bit for people by telling them about the wait time. Isn't not knowing the whole point of this sort of experimental "game"?

I will say that I kinda like your art style, and any game that has rain in it gains points in my book.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
truebluecreature
Level 0

A creature with a strange heart & dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:24:30 AM »

Well, I didn't try it, but I get the feeling you ruined it a bit for people by telling them about the wait time. Isn't not knowing the whole point of this sort of experimental "game"?

I will say that I kinda like your art style, and any game that has rain in it gains points in my book.

It was only a test & I don't want people blame the game that the game stay even much longer.
Thanks I'm really appreciate that  Smiley

Of course by the way,The game was not just purpose to wait but it has story/plot inside of it, they can feel decision within the game if they related to its story.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »

Because your last message said there was a story, I decided to try it.

I really don't think that can be considered a story, and there's no decision if I know it's only going to take a minute. A bit more depth would be nice, like the person is waiting and hoping the person they love will show up on the bus, or they're hoping that their friend will get there before the bus comes. Maybe they'll let one bus pass by, so that they can take the same one as their friend? That would be a decision some players might choose.

There are a lot of things you could do to make it feel like the player's choices will actually mean something.

I liked how the rain actually splashed on their umbrellas. I didn't expect you to have that little detail.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Jupiter_Hadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 01:38:41 PM »

I played this game and made a little lets play video of it. There are a few issues however, some of the sentices that show up on the top of the page from the people walking around aren't worded properly. One was "Can you give me an one chance?" The world an shouldn't be there. There are a few other issues with sentences but other than that, I enjoyed it.
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »

Definitely take all your writing and run it past a native English speaker for corrections. Then tell the player what the controls are when they first start the game. Other than that, interesting little art game! Glad I tried it Smiley
s.barbarie
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »

It's like in Totoro! Neat concept, I feel like it could use more details like having a music that is one minute long and a more varied crowd. I don't know, like a little dog waiting beside you and then going, a homeless person, someone on the bench peeking at you..

Maybe all that would have give away the attention from the text, but certainly would add more depth to the experience.

As for what is already present in the game, it's all well made, I liked the bus and the rain effect.

If the game is really short, you can easily polish it till it shine!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic