Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 04:35:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAlpha for my game Drugbound is playable right now. HTML5/web. Feedback anyone?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alpha for my game Drugbound is playable right now. HTML5/web. Feedback anyone?  (Read 463 times)
mrlasertron
Level 0

owlbear attack

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:51 PM »

Hi guys I've been working on this project solo for the past few months. I wouldn't mind some general feedback or testing. Are any parts bad? Are any parts good? Have you found a bug?

I'm pretty happy with the way the game is taking shape, so feel free to give it a whirl and let me know. It works in any modern browser but might not work in IE (dunno, i haven't checked yet).

I have forms or forums for feedback at the bottom of the game page, or else reply here in this thread.

Play me Here:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:56:11 PM by mrlasertron » Logged

@mrlasertron<br>Game dev and designer at Slouch Couch Game Studios
hidingspot
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »

That's a good start!  I gave it a couple of play-throughs and here are some things that came to mind:

Cool:
* Graphics are lookin' good
* Nice little touches like the dust under the feet and I'm pretty sure the vultures got shredded by a falling blade at one point

I think this'd be cool:
* Adding a tiny bit of inertia to the running (at least on stop) would go a long way to improving the controls
* When I got to the second level, I was dropped into a wall and died.  Perhaps give the user a safe spawn when starting new levels.

Some stuff I noticed:
* No sound when I get shredded by a blade
* I killed the first boss, but I honestly have no idea how it happened

Keep up the good work!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic