Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 06:54:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJetball Classic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jetball Classic  (Read 2807 times)
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »

So this is just a kind of very low maintenance re-release of a game I made about 5 years ago, that I want to remake later this year.  Is that enough re's for you???  Anyways it is a multiplayer on one keyboard game for Windows, inspired by both joust and breakout to varying degrees.  Most of the maintenance involved Wil Whitlark (whom many of you know from tigirc) allowing me to use some old tracks he wrote to replace the music I made for it in college, that was so bad it nearly rendered the game unplayable!  Thank you so much Wil for helping me out today!!  You are seriously clutch, my friend.

The download includes a 1-page .doc instruction manual that explains basic play.

Finally, it should be noted that the AI for this game was written in one night, as a project requirement, and that the game is designed primarily to be played by 2 humans.  The computer cheats like a bitch.  Ok, now for some pictures!  As a professional pixel artist these are a cause of no end of embarrassment for me, but here we go!

Finally, click here to download and play it!  Also I am interested to know if people would be really interested in seeing a higher quality remake of a game like this, perhaps using joysticks instead of keyboard for play?

CREDITS:
Code & Graphics & Original Music: Adam Saltsman
New, Not Shit Music: Wil Whitlark
Sound Effects: Jared Hudson

NB: It is undocumented but the entire game is data-driven, you can freely add new levels, tilesets, and music by simply creating new assets and editing a few text files...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:32:25 AM by AdamAtomic » Logged

cup full of magic charisma
Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »

I approve.

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 01:15:50 PM »

Yeah I tried this out when you posted it in some other thread a long time ago - I think abandoned projects or something. I really liked the concept so I think an updated remake would be pretty cool.

MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »

Looks cool I'll dl it next week  Wink

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Tex Pine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »

Wow, that's a hard game, I lost so much for the computer hehe.
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »

thanks for playing!  and yeah, the AI for it is really tripe, my main goal when I remake it is to do a much better job on that part!

cup full of magic charisma
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic