Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 07:34:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingParasitus: Zombies, Ninja like dudes and snow
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Parasitus: Zombies, Ninja like dudes and snow  (Read 3092 times)
ringo
Level 0

is a star

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:25:08 AM »

Good day all! Me and a few guys have been working on this game for some time now. It started off as a tribute to Castlevania, but we've largely abandoned that for a more original concept. The game is still very early, but we are getting to the stage where we would like some feedback.

So please, tear us up or whatever. What do you think of the game thus far?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:31:50 AM by ringo » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:36:37 AM »

Wow, those graphics are really slick. But from the video I think there might be a bit too much of special effects and shaders.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:38:41 AM »

I like the mix of old and new graphics. The gameplay doesn't seem that interesting yet, though. Definitely has promise!

Saint
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »

I agree it looks really nice. You've definitely got a nice, creepy mood going there.

As Alec pointed out, the gameplay doesn't seem that interesting yet. There's only one kind of enemy, and a fairly simple one at that. Also - though this is quite hard to tell from the video so I might be wrong - the controls look kind of sluggish since the slash and jump animations are so long.

Oh, and about the animations - you might want to make some "stop" animations to have between "run" and "stand" so the movement won't look so choppy.

The screen distortion when you kill an enemy seems kind of superfluous and out-of-place; since it's so heavy it might make it hard to see what's happening during intense fights, and (though the story might explain this) why would there be such an effect when slashing down mere zombies anyway?
ringo
Level 0

is a star

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The gameplay is quite tame at the moment. The Zombie is the first enemy we have in, and the AI I've written for it is mostly just to have something to bash to test the combat system.

Saint, I totally agree about the screen distortion being out of place. At the moment it happens when you knock an enemy down or when you block. I think I'll only leave it for when you counter an enemy (done by timing your block really well).

I have a few more videos in my journal (http://wahwahweewah.blogspot.com/)

In this one I test the physics, playing with the gravity of the level and some blocks.

This one is a test of the wall jump more than anything.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pXh16F7jMRI
This short one is a quick demonstration of some fire and smoke effects.

If your really bored you can see a video of me playing around with the editor and droning on about how it works have a look at this. BTW, This was back when the game was called Vampiria.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wxe-VnJbSxY

ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 12:47:12 PM »

The screen distortion when you kill an enemy seems kind of superfluous and out-of-place; since it's so heavy it might make it hard to see what's happening during intense fights, and (though the story might explain this) why would there be such an effect when slashing down mere zombies anyway?

I agree with that and a lot of other points made already.  The fog seems so thick in places as to be just annoying to the player.

The art for this game looks really nice.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic