Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 07:49:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Wizard of Legend - Rogue-like 2D Action Adventure  (Read 79819 times)
resty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 05:41:07 AM »

The demo is fairy good, a lot fun to play with
Redhotgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 08:39:16 AM »

Wow. This game looks so awesome! I just watched some of your videos and the local multiplayer boss fight was so crazy!
Good job  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left

EvergreenLimabean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:20 AM »

The demo is fairy good, a lot fun to play with
Thanks for trying out the demo! We're glad you had an awesome time!

Wow. This game looks so awesome! I just watched some of your videos and the local multiplayer boss fight was so crazy!
Good job  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left
Thanks! Haha yeah, things tend to get a little crazy in multiplayer with all the dodging and spells flying around.
joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2015, 01:32:59 PM »

I just realized you have a playable demo... ant it is just AWESOME! I loved it!  Beer!

TIG - Devlog<br />Twitter<br />Facebook<br />
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »

I just realized you have a playable demo... ant it is just AWESOME! I loved it!  Beer!

Haha yeah, we need to rearrange the original post a bit to make things a bit clearer. Glad you liked what we got so far! We're working hard to add more spells, environments, bosses, etc!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »

We spent a lot of time this week going through some of the first spells we created and improved their animations and effects. It's funny how a few sprites and some tweaks to timing can really change the feel of something in game! Here's a look at some spells we updated:

Lightning Onslaught - gfycat:

Lightning Onslaught (Overdrive) - gfycat:

More Updated Effects:

Aqua Vortex | imgur
Updated Lightning Storm | imgur

We also added a ghost mode for a player that dies during co-op play. We found that if your friend dies early in a level, it would just lead to a lot of awkward silence until they can be revived. Offering even a little interactivity through a ghost state helped remedy this a considerable amount. We also added a mini-game where the ghost can collect souls of downed enemies to eventually revive themselves!

Ghost in co-op | imgur
DANCE TIME! | imgur

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2015, 11:35:47 PM »

This looks nice !
Two things I don't like
- MUSIC ! please change that wrist cutting song :D , winamped my own but still Smiley .
- Why in _SINGLE_ player, there is a guy joining my dungeon and owning me in 5 seconds ? I want to explore the dungeon, strategically fight each encounter, and he... he makes it unplayable.

Overall loved it ! keep going.

HKPackee
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2015, 12:27:51 AM »

This game is really fun at its current stage, me and my buddy had a fun playing it. cant wait to see what comes with the next build.

i would like to report a bug i found while play co-op with my buddy
when one character dies with the spell decoy dash still active, the player's corpse would become a permanent a decoy and all mob would continuously  his corpse the contestant included, the glowing effect the decoy have would also apply to the player whenever he respawn as well.

hope this helps with your development, Keep up the good work!! (^_^)b
EvergreenLimabean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »

i would like to report a bug i found while play co-op with my buddy
when one character dies with the spell decoy dash still active, the player's corpse would become a permanent a decoy and all mob would continuously  his corpse the contestant included, the glowing effect the decoy have would also apply to the player whenever he respawn as well.

Thanks for the heads up! We were only able to reproduce this error once, but I went through and changed a few things that should hopefully prevent this from happening again. Hopefully.

Glad you had fun with co-op and please let us know if you find any other bugs or have any suggestions! We love feedback :D
Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2015, 12:32:30 PM »

I tested out the demo. This is my reaction.
 Waaagh! YES! THIS IS AMAZING!

It's so satisfying, and skills happen instantly and cause huge damage. So good. It's just so good.   Hand Clap Smiley Hand Money Right
I would gladly pay for this. GLADLY.

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2015, 04:18:42 PM »

The past two weeks we spent a lot of time adding more interesting props to our initial prison themed environment and giving it some variety. Below is a quick screenshot that shows off many of the additions that we made. We hope to add a few more before moving on to the next environment's tileset! We've also been reworking part of the level generator to group props into more meaningful sections such as a "Living Quarter" with more shelves and tables, a "Prison" area with more skeletons, pits, etc.

One of the first spells we made was the Bomb spell, but we felt that it no longer fit with the Wizardry theme and reworked it into Meteor Strike! We're slowly getting through an initial pass on our first spells. Hopefully we'll be able to start on some new and creative spells soon.

We also updated Ball Lightning to use our new lightning particle effects:

Updated Ball Lightning

Last week, we added some proper structure to the PvP mode of the game. It's still very much a work in progress, but it's slowly becoming a playable mode with proper win counters, ready/fight prompts, and no more buggy respawning issues.

Ready? FIGHT!
Slo-Mo effect on round ending hits
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 07:14:25 PM by hellovoid » Logged

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2015, 06:25:07 PM »

The gifs look awesome, but the ball lightning gif link was a bit knackered. It linked to "http://%22http//i.imgur.com/iVV5PT8.gif%22" haha

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »

The gifs look awesome, but the ball lightning gif link was a bit knackered. It linked to "http://%22http//i.imgur.com/iVV5PT8.gif%22" haha
Thanks for spotting the error! It should be fixed now. Glad you found the gif cool as well Smiley

Kemp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2015, 01:38:50 AM »

Looking good as usual Smiley

If I have one comment, it's that the way you implemented the slow-mo (with the individual frames drawn slower) almost looks like the computer is choking on trying to draw the animation. I realise there's probably no easy way around that if you have animation based on pre-drawn frames rather than something entirely computer generated, but just giving you my impression.

Now I need to find someone to play PvP with...
EvergreenLimabean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 01:05:03 PM »

If I have one comment, it's that the way you implemented the slow-mo (with the individual frames drawn slower) almost looks like the computer is choking on trying to draw the animation.

Haha yeah it does look like that's happening. It gets a little more acceptable with sound but it's still a little rough. Our time scaling system was originally just made to see how impacts would feel with a slight delay added to them, but got extended for use with any time delay. We'll probably try a bunch of things and refine it a bit. :D
joaorequiao
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2015, 05:28:21 AM »

Awesome! I really like the lightning fx!

Looking great! Keep it up!  Beer!

TIG - Devlog<br />Twitter<br />Facebook<br />
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2015, 05:36:14 AM »

Those skeletons are really nicely painted!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »

Not a ton to show off this week, but we do have 2 new skills and some updated effects!

New Hitspark

We replaced our old hitspark, which was supposed to be a placeholder, and put in a new one that fits the pixel art style. You can also see our new rat npcs popping out of the destroyed barrels as well:

New Skills

Of our new skills, the first is a revamp of an old one (Freezing Lunge). Here's the Overdrive version which let's you dish out an ice fist of justice up to 5 times in a short duration:

The other new skill is Bolt Claymore. It's a slow moving trap that can be activated on command once it has been thrown out:

Bolt Claymore

Tilesets

We're slowly finishing up details on the prison tileset. One of the last things we've added is an archway. It adds a bit of depth to the map and breaks up the monotony:

Archways

Speaking of tilesets, we started very roughly mocking up a Forest/Garden tileset. It's still very early, but we're excited to add some variety to the environment:

Forest Tileset Rough Mockup

That's it for this week's update! Thank you everyone who has taken the time to leave us any kind of feedback so far!

Highsight
Level 0

The Indie Insights Guy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »

Ahh, it's always a pleasure to see new updates from you guys.  Really loving the look of the Freezing Lunge, and that Forest tileset fills me with so much hope for this game!  It's really cool to see new environments being built, I can't wait to see where you guys take this game!

contingent99
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2015, 08:26:05 PM »

Ahh, it's always a pleasure to see new updates from you guys.  Really loving the look of the Freezing Lunge, and that Forest tileset fills me with so much hope for this game!  It's really cool to see new environments being built, I can't wait to see where you guys take this game!

Thanks Highsight! Always good hearing from you as well Smiley The new tileset gives the game a completely different feeling, so we've been experimenting on a bunch of possibilities. Hopefully we can get something in that we can run around in soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic