Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 01:24:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFatal Hearts on Game Giveaway of the Day
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fatal Hearts on Game Giveaway of the Day  (Read 6774 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2008, 01:15:17 PM »

I don't know if anyone on these boards likes hpapillon's games besides me (a lot of people think they're too girly), but I think it's a pretty great game:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/fatal-hearts/

It's an adventure game that looks at first like it's for 11 year old girls but is really about (and these are the developer's words from the GMC thread): "(possible controversial elements - underage romance, underage sex (implied), same-sex romance, occultism, nazis (implied), violence (implied), blood (sometimes shown), suicide, ritual sacrifice, grisly-murder-committed-by-player, not being clear about what's good and what's evil... This is NOT an E-rated game! )"

ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »

Just reading her description of the subject matter makes me want to play this. Downloading.
shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »

I was kinda surprised when this appeared on the giveaway of the day site, I was expecting them to just be lazy during this weekends-only phase and stick to match-3 games. My first impression was 'it's a hentai game without the hentai', which isn't neccessarily a bad thing. The puzzles/minigames were kinda all over the place, some nice ideas but also some that were just too much hassle, and some that felt really tacked on. The game's site offers a guide and codes to skip those that get in the way, though. The story is also a mixed bag, sometimes it's sweet, a couple of surprises here and there, but a fair bit of it is better off skipped. The art's generally pretty good though nothing all that special, same goes for the music. It'd take a fair bit of work before I'd ever think about paying for it, but as a giveaway it's definitely worth the download, something a bit different.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 02:24:34 PM »

"My first impression was 'it's a hentai game without the hentai'"

I got the same feeling actually!

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:10:08 AM »

I don't know what was harder: The incredibly annoying puzzles that were probably fired from the set of Professor Layton, or putting up with the cheesiest anime dialogue since... well, actually, since the last time I watched a bad anime, which was probably no more than a week ago.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »

I don't know what was harder: The incredibly annoying puzzles that were probably fired from the set of Professor Layton, or putting up with the cheesiest anime dialogue since... well, actually, since the last time I watched a bad anime, which was probably no more than a week ago.
Damn! Now I want to play it Sad.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »

Damn! Now I want to play it Sad.
No, you really don't. You just think you do.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 01:34:53 AM »

There are people who enjoy it. I think it's unsafe to say 'because I didn't like it, you won't' when there are also people like it.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:53:26 AM »

There are people who enjoy it. I think it's unsafe to say 'because I didn't like it, you won't' when there are also people like it.
Sorry, I know. I was kind of joking.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic