Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411696 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 07:21:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTHE SPIRIT ENGINE 2 - CANCER DRIVE!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: THE SPIRIT ENGINE 2 - CANCER DRIVE!  (Read 2392 times)
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:20:06 PM »

Hey Indie friends and fans!

My name is Josh Whelchel. A lot of you probably know my name from "Bonesaw: The Game," where I wrote the music. Well, I also wrote the music for "The Spirit Engine," and I'm currently working on the soundtrack to its sequel. (see: www.thespiritengine.com)

Let me get to the point. I'm currently running a huge promotion for the soundtrack to "The Spirit Engine 2," which currently features over TWO HOURS of ORIGINAL MUSIC. From now until April 25th (6pm EST), I am raising money to donate to the American Cancer Society for the Relay for Life event in which they promote. To help raise money, I am offering a free digital copy of the ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK (opposed to the "Best of" album) to everyone who donates $5 or more.

All of the money is collected through the Relay for Life website, and I don't see a cent of it. This is money that is raised to help fight cancer by funding research and aiding victims in need. Your contribution is extremely appreciated and myself and the entire Relay for Life community at the University of Cincinnati extend our gratitude to you.

More information can be found at this link:
http://www.syntesis.org/tse2cancer

Even if you don't really care for the music, $5 is NOT a huge amount from your pocket and it really does go a LONG way. The current goal is a measly $500 (that just means a 100 people need to make donations of $5), but I'd really like to raise that with your support.

Again, this is only a FIVE dollar DONATION (tax deductible, even!) that will end you up with a free copy of the TSE2 original soundtrack. For demos and drafts of the music on the album you can check the following link (although this music is as of yet completed or mastered like it will be for the final album that you will receive!): http://www.ctgmusic.com/album.php?album=2204

If you want to head straight to donate, run here:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/whelchjd

Thank you for your unending support,
Josh Whelchel
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:29:44 PM by TwiTerror » Logged

hi
ProgZmax
Level 0

I'm gonna get that kid!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »

I like the idea behind this.  Best of luck!
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »

Thanks man!

Just as an update, I am accepting PayPal donations. I takes a little more time for me to forward the money to ACS, but it does work.

Make out paypal amounts to "[email protected]"

Thanks everyone, there has been a great reception so far!

hi
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »

Bonesaw will fight cancer.
the_depraved
Level 1

Smile like a donut.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:34:38 PM »

i would donate if I could find some money. the music in those games kicked major ass.

up down left right upper cut.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:41:43 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who donated. I'll post a full list on Saturday, after the Relay for Life event.

So far, I've raised $597! JUST SHORT of $600, which is an amazing feat! However, I'm still itching to reach $1,000 and Friday is VERY CLOSE.

Please, if you haven't considered it yet, or just thought about it yet not had the time... DONATE! Remember, $5 or more gets you the TSE2 soundtrack for FREE, plus you're doing a great thing.

You only have about 2 days to donate it up, so hop on it. Remember, I take PayPal donations, too! See www.syntesis.org/tse2cancer

Thanks everyone! :D

-----

Here are the names of people who have donated thus far:

Al & Mary Whelchel
Clickteam
Raoul Duke
Mr. Shane Lu
Josh Whelchel
Carolyn Veal
Mark Pay
Nils "Nillo" Perers
Bonesaw McGraw