Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411709 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 04:10:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG XII - A Post Nuclear Werewolves Game [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG XII - A Post Nuclear Werewolves Game [FINISHED]  (Read 22180 times)
Renton
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:43:03 AM »

War. War never changes.
A strain of Forced Evolution Virus created a different type of mutants. With their fangs, blood red eyes and canine postures, they resembled the fabled werewolves of old folktales. They ravaged Necropolis, burned down the Hub and the Junktown. But against their strength, matching those of Super Mutants; their agility and intelligence, the inhabitants of the desert could not stand a chance. When outnumbered, these beasts could shapeshift, living among us like humans, yet changing back at nights, hunting us one by one to satisfy their hunger.

Fearing death at the hands of these "werewolves", a small group of people set sail to an old, deserted oil rig, counting on the fear of water the wolves apparently have, looking to start a new life.

That was a cheesy intro. Anyway, in case you haven't realized yet, this is a Fallout themed werewolves game. I'll be taking 18 TIGers, so sign up people!

Please only sign up if you have either played the game or read through a few. I'm inexperienced enough for all of you.

Go here for the basic rules: http://70.85.192.194/~loogsla/twg.shtml

Vote in bold, no editing, no quoting (paraphrasing is allowed), and keep your OOC's short. Final words are allowed.

The game might feel a bit dry or unbalanced, but be gentle, it's my first time.

1: Hideous
2: Xotes
3: GeneralValter
4: battlerager
5: cyber95
6: Inane
7: Cheater
8: Cerogravian
9: shinygerbil
10: Kao
11: Tantan
12: Lucaz
13: Fifth
14: Rory
15: Xion
16: Brog
17: PaleFox
18: robotacon
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:06:46 PM by Renton » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:44:05 AM »

Holy shit fallout I am so in.

Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 06:09:56 AM »

Actually, war does change every now and again. But hey, it's Fallout!

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:02 AM »

Actually, World Wars 1 and 2 both drastically changed the face of warfare forever. In World War 1, defensive technology was superior to offensive technology. This is the reason for the war bogging down into trench warfare. The tank would eventually destroy trench warfare, but tank technology was far too unstable during WW1. Most tanks developed then would fall into the trenches, or break down, or blow up. The machine gun also contributed significantly to trench warfare, since it was the pinnacle of gun technology at the time. Since it was immobile, people could not effectively advance on a position guarded by one.

In World War 2, on the other hand, offensive power was far greater than defensive power. Bombers and tanks allowed a determined military force to punch through any obstacle. Whereas World War 1 took place mostly in abandoned fields where long trenches could be built, World War 2 took place in cities and towns, causing far more destruction. Total War became somewhat of a rule of thumb then, as both sides attempted many times to destroy enemy cities to break morale. You can see this in the Battle of Britain enacted by Germany, and the fire-bombing of Dresdon enacted by Britain.

The two World Wars took place quite near each other, but were drastically different from one another. You can see from the two of them that war is, and always will be constantly changing.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 06:31:01 AM »

I'm IN.
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:35:57 AM »

I'll pay more attention this time.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »

The navel's transfiguration from a vestigial fetal feeding tube to a person's erotic appendage can be ascertained from the attention it gets, ranging from a partner's casual stares to more intimate prodding. Navels can be the focus of sexual fetishism, especially among males. While cleavage of the breasts is certainly meant to display feminine charms and has a risqué, "turn-on" appeal, a navel can also be considered an object of sexual appeal. This attitude towards the navel (in contrast with breast cleavage) is shown in the hit '60's cult situation comedy Gilligan's Island. In Gilligan's Island, Ginger, the sexy movie star, often displays cleavage, but very rarely shows her navel, whereas Mary Ann, who's more the ingenue type, does sometimes show her navel, but does not show cleavage.

:D

P.S. Kinda weird that you chose to base the game in the fallout universe rather than just a regular post-apoc world.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »

War has changed.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 10:15:59 AM »

I've never played Fallout. :/

Renton
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »

It won't be much different than a regular Werewolves game.
Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »

I haven't played in years, but I really got sucked back in when I saw the latest game here, so if you'll have me, I'm in!  Grin
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »

wingwangwong count me iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.

olücæbelel
Renton
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »

P.S. Kinda weird that you chose to base the game in the fallout universe rather than just a regular post-apoc world.
Original idea was a regular post-apoc world but I realized that it would only be a Fallout rip-off. Plus, I'm free to use concepts from the game.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »

I'm in in in in in in.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »

I'd be in, if I wasn't coding a game, working, college-ing, and doing a graphical adventure thread.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »

In like sin.

Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 01:41:58 PM »

I am in.

Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »

Damn, I thought there'd be more of a fight to get to take a place in this smexy adventurin', but here we are - Almost dropping from the front page! Shocked
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »

Eh, sure; I'll join.
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »

Me is in for the win!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Print