Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 04:32:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralStrange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Strange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour  (Read 14505 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »

agj, yes, of course, but do you actually reach for the keys when there is no keyboard? On multiple occasions? In the same day? ... Sad

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 01:10:29 AM »

Ahh this thread is tickling me!

I banged my head on things after playing Mystical Ninja for 12 hours straight when my parents made me turn it off.

I guess this doesn't count as behavior, but whenever I'm losing very badly in a fighting game, I get dizzy and half of my face goes numb and I have a headache for the next few hours. This has happened four times, starting sometime last year. Should probably see a doctor but then they'd just tell me to stop playing games and I'd be like no.

I remember a similar 'head meets wall in infant rage' incident with super mario kart, after a particularly bad losing streak on battle mode.

And the fighting game fever you mention rings a bell (and I must admit, is quite funny Smiley), my good friend Adam has walked out of my house a couple of times because of Street Fighter - in the last 2 years! He's nearly 30 years old  Embarrassed Tongue Grin

agj, yes, of course, but do you actually reach for the keys when there is no keyboard? On multiple occasions? In the same day? ... Sad

Do you?! That's what I'm talking about.

Changing the thread title to 'strange game/computer induced behaviour'...

Biggerfish
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 01:25:50 AM »

This Monday, whenever I closed my eyes I could see DDR arrows.

When I was about 6, I had a bunch of granite rocks that I had drawn a few unrecognisable squiggles on and could set them up so they were like a Nintendo 64. I remember finding them a few years ago and being able to recognise Mario Kart on one of the 'carts'.
Hajo
Level 5

Dream Mechanic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 02:17:22 AM »

And for the peeps who've played games like Eye of the Beholder, I used to do complicated text-adventures into a notebook, sometimes spanning multiple notebooks. You'd pick a choice and turn to the page listed via the choice. :D

...They were some of my best work graphically.

You should do interactive fiction then Wink

Per aspera ad astra
diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 02:35:42 AM »

You should do interactive fiction then Wink
I have something related to that, erm, genre, planned. But it's bigger and badder.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 02:42:50 AM »

I occasionally dream about games. And I mean seriously. It's not me in some kind of video game world, it's me actually doing things like a video game. I occasionally die and have to respawn at an earlier point.
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2008, 03:24:07 AM »

dreams

Fable 2 is making me go to sleep and wake up happy!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2008, 01:11:56 AM »

Whilst I'm dredging up threads, how the hell did this get to page 4 so damned fast? I like it, so I'll throw in a pithy little contribution. Fuel for the fire.

After first playing the Sims (for, well, let's say a while) I got up to grill me some Pizza. And watch TV, as one does. Anyways, you know that feeling of being watched? I had it big time. Mega Time. I kept on involuntarily looking at my ceiling. Seeing as the game itself is reasonably mundane, it felt like I was inside it. EVERYTHING felt strange for about 10, 15 minutes.
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 03:10:18 AM »

When I was a kid, me and a couple of friends created a 'nintendo' club that only people who owned nintendos could join. Thing is I bullshitted about owning one in the first place.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2008, 03:35:54 AM »

When I was a kid, me and a couple of friends created a 'nintendo' club that only people who owned nintendos could join. Thing is I bullshitted about owning one in the first place.

:D :D :D

Anyone ever find out? Or did you research well?
Neo1493
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2008, 12:04:45 PM »

I once cosplayed as a krill from sigma star saga I did this for like a week after I beat the game
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »

Whilst I'm dredging up threads, how the hell did this get to page 4 so damned fast? I like it, so I'll throw in a pithy little contribution. Fuel for the fire.

After first playing the Sims (for, well, let's say a while) I got up to grill me some Pizza. And watch TV, as one does. Anyways, you know that feeling of being watched? I had it big time. Mega Time. I kept on involuntarily looking at my ceiling. Seeing as the game itself is reasonably mundane, it felt like I was inside it. EVERYTHING felt strange for about 10, 15 minutes.

I was wondering that myself about the thread, when I made the first post I sat back and thought, 'hmm, I've just embarrassed myself, and no one will chip in. Oh well'

i was quite mistaken it seems. Also, that bad sims experience sounds like a horrible acid trip  WTF

I once cosplayed as a krill from sigma star saga I did this for like a week after I beat the game

a krill, i don't know what that is, but it's funny.  Smiley

reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2008, 07:42:26 PM »

My family once drove up to Wisconsin (I lived in Illinois at the time) and I made my parents buy me a real sword because of Divine Divinity. Yes, that's right. A real sword. A real sword made of steel. I didn't tell them why I wanted it, though. If I had, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to play video games for the next ten years of my life.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
godsavant
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »

Well, I think all of us mentally press ctrl-z after we do some kind of screwup in real life. Don't we?

My left hand will involuntarily reach for the invisible Ctrl-z when I screw up while drawing in real life.  Embarrassed

Why do they design pencils with the lead and erasers on opposite ends...?
Biggerfish
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »

Probably not game-induced behaviour, but I've recently had 2 dreams with video games in them.

The first was me at a sale where there were all these games super-cheap, but looking through I didn't like a single one, and spent the rest of the dream looking through the games to see if there was something I missed.

The next involved me going to a small town's department store and finding that they had a whole bunch of Gameboy Colour games still for sale. I went to go and buy Wario Land and Pokemon Crystal and then found out they were $20 each and I had no money. I was so disappointed in that dream.
The-Imp
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2008, 08:30:44 PM »

When I was around 5, I mixed up toothpaste, soap, and other things of that variety thinking I could get mysef magical powers...

What a night that was!...
I'm so stupid.
 Angry
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2008, 08:54:52 PM »

My family once drove up to Wisconsin (I lived in Illinois at the time) and I made my parents buy me a real sword because of Divine Divinity. Yes, that's right. A real sword. A real sword made of steel. I didn't tell them why I wanted it, though. If I had, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to play video games for the next ten years of my life.
What's so bad about buying a sword?

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »

Where in Illinois?

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »

What's so bad about buying a sword?
I've been asking my parents for a sword for the longest now, to start a collection, but they think I'll be "irresponsible" with it (as in actually using it). Huh?

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »

:D I only got a wooden training sword when I was 13, because I know myself well enough to know that if I get a real one it will eventually, regardless of what I do with it, end up severing a couple of my toes.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic