Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:11:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralStrange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Strange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour  (Read 14507 times)
mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2008, 10:13:28 PM »

I once cosplayed as a krill from sigma star saga I did this for like a week after I beat the game

a krill, i don't know what that is, but it's funny.  Smiley

Biggerfish
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »

My family once drove up to Wisconsin (I lived in Illinois at the time) and I made my parents buy me a real sword because of Divine Divinity. Yes, that's right. A real sword. A real sword made of steel. I didn't tell them why I wanted it, though. If I had, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to play video games for the next ten years of my life.
I think swords are a good thing to collect, and I am pretty sure that there are lots of people that would start collecting them because of video games (Replica copies of Cloud's sword don't exist for no reason).
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2008, 08:33:54 AM »

My family once drove up to Wisconsin (I lived in Illinois at the time) and I made my parents buy me a real sword because of Divine Divinity. Yes, that's right. A real sword. A real sword made of steel. I didn't tell them why I wanted it, though. If I had, I probably wouldn't have been allowed to play video games for the next ten years of my life.
I think swords are a good thing to collect, and I am pretty sure that there are lots of people that would start collecting them because of video games (Replica copies of Cloud's sword don't exist for no reason).

Made with real metal? Jesus that must weight 3 tons.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
PaleFox
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2008, 09:49:49 AM »

I'm a bit embarrassed to say it, but I used to get graph paper and copy down pixel graphics from games (gameboy color especially) with correct colors and everything. I still have the book somewhere, too.
godsavant
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »

I'm a bit embarrassed to say it, but I used to get graph paper and copy down pixel graphics from games (gameboy color especially) with correct colors and everything. I still have the book somewhere, too.

http://chief-90.deviantart.com/gallery/
increpare
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2008, 12:04:33 PM »

[/quote
I've been doing that recently for hardcoding vector graphics into my games ...
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

I once cosplayed as a krill from sigma star saga I did this for like a week after I beat the game

The thought of someone dressed up as that is so funny!
Neo1493
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2008, 11:47:53 PM »

The thought of someone dressed up as that is so funny!
Thats not it but that thought this is what a krill is in the game
increpare
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2008, 07:22:12 AM »

We have mice.  And, what's worse: they left the kitchen.  Oh how nice it would be if I could just squish them all with water dispensers Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2008, 08:10:43 AM »

We have mice.  And, what's worse: they left the kitchen.  Oh how nice it would be if I could just squish them all with water dispensers Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

did you mean to post that here?  Smiley

Anyway, out of the kitchen is good right?  Grin
increpare
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »

theme-hospital reference

Anyway, out of the kitchen is good right?  Grin
Oops.  Did I say 'left'?  I mean 'spread from' Sad
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2008, 08:25:34 AM »

theme-hospital reference
What, you saying you don't kill your mice with shotguns?

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »

Ok, I have a good one to add.

I spent the weekend away recently, leaving my laptop (macbook pro) in a draw in my bedroom. The heating had been off and it was really cold when I got back. When I took it out, it was freezing cold and the power had run out.

I talked to it like this : 'Aww, your cold and you've run out of energy, I'll get you plugged in and warmed up in no time, don't worry.'

My girlfriend was in the same room, and when I looked up she was  doing this  Roll Eyes

Do you ever talk to your stuff? Or id it just me Embarrassed
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »

Just you.

;)

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

it's really cute though.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2008, 04:54:47 PM »

When first playing through the Hell level in Cave Story, I yelled at my computer so much my room mates both thought I'd gone off the deep end. Ikaruga also got me in trouble in a similar manner.
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 12:46:32 AM »

Just you.

Wink

Cry
When first playing through the Hell level in Cave Story, I yelled at my computer so much my room mates both thought I'd gone off the deep end. Ikaruga also got me in trouble in a similar manner.

Man I have the demo of Ikaruga on XBLA, it is quality but so hard if you're not used to it. Does it get easier? Or do you still find it banshee-wailingly hard?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 04:09:30 AM »

I used to get so angry at the enemies in Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds. I don't know what it was about them - the game was hard, but not the hardest I've played, and the enemies were pretty generic, not exactly annoying. But still (I was about 10 at the time) whenever I finally beat one, I would give them two middle fingers and shout victorious expletives at them. The other day I did the same thing when I beat Sakit in La-Mulana, just for old times' sake. It still felt good  Embarrassed

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »

I used to get so angry at the enemies in Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds. I don't know what it was about them - the game was hard, but not the hardest I've played, and the enemies were pretty generic, not exactly annoying. But still (I was about 10 at the time) whenever I finally beat one, I would give them two middle fingers and shout victorious expletives at them. The other day I did the same thing when I beat Sakit in La-Mulana, just for old times' sake. It still felt good  Embarrassed

La Mulana deserves the expletives.

...I'm not so sure about Magic the Gathering, though. Huh?
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 09:56:51 PM »

Man I have the demo of Ikaruga on XBLA, it is quality but so hard if you're not used to it. Does it get easier? Or do you still find it banshee-wailingly hard?

Easier? Easier than the demo? As in, you find the demo banshee wailingly hard, and wonder if the rest of the game is flowers and cupcakes?

The answer, inevitably, is no, lord no. It's fantastic though! You should pick it up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic