Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:51:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralStrange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Strange Game or Computer Induced Behaviour  (Read 14507 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 11:31:54 PM »

Me not having an Xbox and all, I'm still hoping to come across a used and affordably priced copy of the Gamecube version.
Madnis
Level 0

Vincent, were you programmed to bug me?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2008, 09:28:27 AM »

After a session of gaming/talking about games at a friend's house, we went out. It was very dark, and as we opened the yard gate it let out a delightfully spooky creak, and I said,

"Wow, this world has cool sound effects."

policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »

Sometimes I think that I should save (my life) before doing something.
It is pretty weird.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:50:59 AM by policedanceclub » Logged
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 10:47:24 AM »

I'd also like to add Flywrench and Jill Off to the list of games that make me happy, but cause no end of screaming at my computer and embarrassing myself in front of my room mates.

Man I have the demo of Ikaruga on XBLA, it is quality but so hard if you're not used to it. Does it get easier? Or do you still find it banshee-wailingly hard?
Ikaruga is hard, but it's so much fun! It beats you up 99% of the time, but when you get a new high score you feel like you're the second coming of Christ.

And don't worry, once you learn the stages, they become a lot less difficult. And the flipping gimmick becomes second nature. If you want to get better, the practice modes that let you replay a specific section you're working on. Also:
http://www.super-play.co.uk/
has some inspirational gameplay videos.
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »

We had "free time" in Grades 1 and 2 when we were done our work waiting for the teacher to move on - and we were given drawing books to draw in for it.  I was always done pretty quickly, so I'd plan out my own Mario or DKC levels for the majority of my schooldays :D

I actually did this in my free time at home too - in huge books of construction paper.  Each page was a different color, so the levels would be themed to the colors (green were jungles, red were volcanoes, light blue were ice levels, dark blue were water levels, gray were castles, etc).

Each book would usually be a different "game" and so have different rules of how high you could jump and what moves you had and such, but I never wrote these rules down anywhere, they were just in my head.

I still have over 500 of these levels, but I'm sure that isn't even half of them.  The original Jumper is actually directly based on a set of these levels (not the character, just how the game plays; the double jumping and the electricity/spikes/fireballs as obstacles).

Recently in my Child Psych class we were talking about innate interests in children and how kids will spend all their time doing something despite never being told to do it and that this predicts what they will love to do later in life.  I guess I've always wanted to design games, even when I was 6 :D

More embarrassing and on-topic: sometime in elementary school, my friends and I would play dodge ball on the trampoline and all pretend to be characters from Killer Instinct Gold.  We'd all have signature moves to dodge the ball that in some strange way related to the characters we portrayed (thus making us super predictable and easy to hit, but we had to use them to stay in character haha).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:01:23 AM by YMM » Logged

HED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »

When I'm not typing on the computer, my fingers are resting on the q,w,e,r keys. Why ? They were the shortcut keys I used the most... in Diablo 2  Kiss (I played Diablo 2 for 7 years straight, I consider myself as the biggest D2 single player in the world)
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

When I'm not typing on the computer, my fingers are resting on the q,w,e,r keys. Why ? They were the shortcut keys I used the most... in Diablo 2  Kiss (I played Diablo 2 for 7 years straight, I consider myself as the biggest D2 single player in the world)

Excited for D3? Tongue

I too loved D2.  My current screen name came from the screen name I made up in Grade 8 for D2.

HED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 12:36:51 PM »

Excited for D3? Tongue

I too loved D2.  My current screen name came from the screen name I made up in Grade 8 for D2.

D3 seems awesome graphically ! I hope they'll put more items and more sophisticated means to customize items. I'm already saving up for a new PC :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic