Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411677 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 08:37:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralKid runs away after parents take off his xbox, MS twices reward for finding him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Kid runs away after parents take off his xbox, MS twices reward for finding him  (Read 12699 times)
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »

They still haven't found him?

That kid is most likely some combination of "dead," "raped," "drugged," and "tied up in a shed in the woods."
Yes, please let's stick to jokes about rape and murder.
Oh wow, that's mean.

I hope some combination of those things happen to you when you do something silly.

All joking aside, running away because mommy took away your video games isn't "something silly."  It's "something incredibly stupid."  I'm not saying the kid deserves to be raped and murdered.

But he probably is rofl :D :D :D

tweet tweet @j_younger
increpare
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 02:22:55 PM »

All joking aside, running away because mommy took away your video games isn't "something silly."  It's "something incredibly stupid." 
Well, we don't know the full details.  We don't know that this is the only reason why he ran away, or even the real reason at all.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »

NO COMPROMISES! KIDS, WEED WILL MAKE YOU SHRIVEL UP AND DIE. LIKE, IF YOU DO IT EVEN ONCE. THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Crap

I've been in a situation like his before,; except my circumstances where legitimate (social services worthy). I actually knew where I was going, the people I stayed with were trustworthy. My parents knew. I was also 14, he was. Now I wasn't stupid why is he such a dumbass.

If I'd found him and slap him upside the head and tell him to grow up.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »

Hey, guys! Let's treat suicide as a joke and/or something to act supercilious and impatient about!
It's cool how you're being flippant and using words for purposes other than their literal intention.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »

It's comments like that which put us in danger of being lost in a confusing world of self-referential irony.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

Like Montréal, I guess?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Jolli
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

i found the kid

he looks something like this

Cave Story
medieval
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »

wow, now i realize that the reason I was considering to stay away from home for a while isn't actually that silly.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »

But he probably is rofl :D :D :D

Happiness is relative.

Happiness comes from dopamine shooting off into your brain. Everyone needs a regular amount of it or they're depressed.

Now, the kid's only source of happiness and stability might be video games. It's perfectly normal to go crazy when someone takes away the only thing that makes you view the world in a colorful light. If this was someone running away with a girlfriend because of their oppressive parents not letting them be together, I presume a lot more people like deadeye would be okay with it.

Even if it is just about video games, this is not something to joke about. It shows how pathetic you are when you do that you have to laugh at other people's misery.

And it's also likely that this isn't the sole reason that he ran away, but instead something that broke the last straw. Maybe he has oppressive parents and lives in a shitty neighborhood and goes to a shitty school, or he just has a hard time adapting to his life as it is. Making the comments you are making is just ignorant, stupid and disprespectful.

And deadeye, I'd love to see you make those comments after you get tied up and raped. You think cowering behind your view of political correctness and only making fun of people and saying that they're probably getting raped when you think it's acceptable to do so a good thing? You make me sick. You're the type of person that would make fun of racial minorities and women if it were still socially acceptable (and maybe you do anyway).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:03:42 PM by Skofo » Logged

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
increpare
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 05:16:25 PM »

Skofo, pay him no attention: he's just trying to get a rise out of you.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2008, 05:20:49 PM »

You're no fun increpare Sad

If you can't troll the trolls, then who can you troll?  It's not fair Cry

tweet tweet @j_younger
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2008, 05:24:41 PM »

You're calling me a troll, now, after pointing out your earlier ignorant bullshit ?Shit, have your parents taught you any decency?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:48:38 PM by Skofo » Logged

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »

Is it that trolls don't understand irony, or that they feign ignorance in order to further their trolling agenda?

Guess I'll never know for sure.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »

You're calling me a troll, now, after pointing out your earlier ignorant bullshit ?Shit, have your parents taught you any decency?

He was already trolling you then.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »

Two trolls don't make a... er... good thing.

Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »

It doesn't matter if you're joking, it's the insinuation.

If you make fun of black people, you can't say that you were just joking to upset someone. You're racist.

Zaphos
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »

It doesn't matter if you're joking, it's the insinuation.

If you make fun of black people, you can't say that you were just joking to upset someone. You're racist.
I disagree, in that racism is a set of beliefs and making fun of black people is an action, and people don't always act in a way that directly reflects their beliefs.

Short of mind reading, there is no real way to tell if a person is racist or not.  A person could even directly state that they are racist and we would not know if they actually are racist, or if they are misrepresenting themselves.

Also, deadeye and skofo, please play nice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:06:19 PM by Zaphos » Logged
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:15 PM »

He was already trolling you then.
Two trolls don't make a... er... good thing.
Also, deadeye, please play nice.

Sorry guys, I don't know what came over me.  Sad

I'll go back to ignoring him.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »

All joking aside, running away because mommy took away your video games isn't "something silly."  It's "something incredibly stupid." 
Well, we don't know the full details.  We don't know that this is the only reason why he ran away, or even the real reason at all.

Who the hell are you!?

hm. interesting. Everything  in the type box is backwards. I wonder if it's going to post like this. I had something to say, but forgot what it was.

Zaphos
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »

Who the hell are you!?

hm. interesting. Everything  in the type box is backwards. I wonder if it's going to post like this. I had something to say, but forgot what it was.
It's increpare.  And the backwards typing thing happens to me too... it's kind of awesome.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic