Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:52:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralKid runs away after parents take off his xbox, MS twices reward for finding him
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Kid runs away after parents take off his xbox, MS twices reward for finding him  (Read 12697 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »

Is the reward a free 360? Because I will totally go find that kid. I got nothing better to do...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2008, 04:06:35 AM »

Running away along the railroad track is not a good idea. I've had 2 co-workers, adults, who've been assaulted by just crossing the tracks in Montreal. One was male, and was robbed of a small cash amount, and by giving his 2 aggressors his cell phone he managed to confuse them enough to get away(my own theory is that they were meth heads); the other could have gone a lot worse, a female, who was hugging her coat to fend away the cold, a man out of nowhere asks her 'are you cold' and then 'I'll make you warm' and start running after her, wheezing all sort of sexual propositions. Luckily, she was younger and healthier than him, so she managed to outrun him easily.

And you want to know the worse? None of them reported this to the police, because they both figured, 'no real harm done'. But that only means the creatures go back to try again.

Anyways, I hope the kid turns up safe.   
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2008, 04:15:08 AM »

the other could have gone a lot worse, a female, who was hugging her coat to fend away the cold, a man out of nowhere asks her 'are you cold'
“I’m selling these fine leather jackets.”
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2008, 05:05:34 AM »

“I’m selling these fine leather jackets.”

Yeah, that has to be a nightmare situation. Being mugged by a psycho that quotes vintage lucasarts point-and-clicks. I'd tend towards the 'throw a punch' line choice, but if I remember that was'nt the smartest move in some cases (the Hitler meeting Shocked)

I have to believe that psychopaths can't enjoy quirky adventure games. They probably play fps on cheat-mode. Or odd japanese train controller games.
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2008, 05:52:26 AM »

I think the real joke is hidden at the bottom.

Experts commented that gamers may form bonds with fellow online players.

"This had become his identity, and I didn't realize how in-depth this was until I took his Xbox away," Steve Crisp told the Globe and Mail. "That's like cutting his legs off."

"This is such an issue that hits every parent out there, with video games that are starting to control our kids' lives," he said.

"I just took away his identity, so I can understand why he got so mad and took off. Before, I couldn't understand why he was taking off for taking his game away."

Now, Brandon's father says he just wants his son to come home.
This gives me the impression that the father sympathizes with his son's reaction.

Which is far more weird than a kid running away after his parent taking away is favorite toy ever.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »

Is the reward a free 360? Because I will totally go find that kid. I got nothing better to do...
Well technically you could buy plenty of 360s with 50 000 smackaroos.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Neo1493
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »

And this is why gamers are called crasy and people want to outlaw video games stupid people with bad grasps on reality Iam gona quto Docter phill here "playing a video game is not gona make you go to your school with a gun and start shooting the said person is allready unstable
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »

And this is why gamers are called crasy and people want to outlaw video games stupid people with bad grasps on reality Iam gona quto Docter phill here "playing a video game is not gona make you go to your school with a gun and start shooting the said person is allready unstable
Dude, pause before a post and prof read!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »

I can certainly sympathize with this kid. I mean, imagine if you were a kid and your parents just took away your computer, probably without explaining why. Me, I probably wouldn't run away from home, but I'd be really pissed off. Add to that the fact that he probably didn't have many friends in real life so he made connections with people on XBL... I don't think he comes off as 'just a stupid kid'.

Seth
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2008, 12:38:20 AM »

they should have taken away his xbox long before this happened
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »

No, they should have done that tiny little thing that parents seem to neglect an awful lot nowadays. You know, communication?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »

No, they should have done that tiny little thing that parents seem to neglect an awful lot nowadays. You know, communication?
Whoa slow down there cooper, now you're just being craazy.
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »

Whoa slow down there cooper, now you're just being craazy.
yeah, jesus.. it's not the parent's fault.. it's microsoft's, for not making entertaining enough games for the xbox 360!  jesus!  let's have some ACCOUNTABILITY here microsoft!  come on!
i mean, who actually talks to their kids today?  jeez.  that's so 1990.

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »

Kid's dead.

I don't think anyone is to be blamed here. Really a very unfortunate incident.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »

Wow, that sucks. The article leaves much to be desired, though. They didn't mention at all how the body was found.
Renton
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

Can't seem to open the link.
Anyway. After this much time, I think it was obvious he wouldn't be alive.
So long, Xbox kid, we hardly knew ye.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic