Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411672 Posts in 69398 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 05:10:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI have a PS2, but have I experenced the PS2?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: I have a PS2, but have I experenced the PS2?  (Read 8815 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »

No, not TimeSplitters 2!

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect!

It's like 369% better, prettier, and the story mode actually makes sense and is interesting. And funny.

Gotta love FPS's which don't take themselves seriously.

The final boss is disappointing though.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »

I second piratically all of these and add:
Resident Evil 4
Twisted Metal: Black
Tekken Tag Tournament
Freedom Fighters
Virtua Fighter 4
Final Fantasy X/XII(if your into JPRGs)
Jak II (miles better than one)
Devil May Cry (think it has been mentioned)
Raman 2/3

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

No, not TimeSplitters 2!

It's like 369% better, prettier, and the story mode actually makes sense and is interesting. And funny.

Oh, IT'S ON.

JamesPopStar
Level 1

Agent California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 01:20:17 PM »

It's nice to have it with the Trance Vibrator, but that's largely unnecessary. xD
Wait, are you saying that you OWN the Trance Vibrator!?!

Shocked      :D     Beer!
Doesn't it come with the game? Besides make for some interesting night with the gf.

Embarrassed

Very yes, to all of the above.  Beer!

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 01:27:11 PM »

No, not TimeSplitters 2!

This.

"It's time to SPLIT!"

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »

TIMESPLITTERS 2222222!!! (2)

But you need to buy a multitap+some controllers. EBAY.

Then make a custom zombie survival map, with 1hold-out-room, flame tag, all zombies, and you all play as calamari. Its brilliant.

You need beer too, and you need the "Anaconda" Music track unlocked, to put it on repeat.

And you need weapon set:

- Remote Mines
- Sniper Rifle
- 12 Guage.

I AM SUCH A GEEK

No thanks, I played Perfect Dark 9 years ago.(HA!)

PD is for pussies!

i mean.. ive never played it. but im sure it pales in comparison to TS2.

ALSO YOURE WRONG! TS2 is waaayyy cooler. TS3 added vehicles, and "serious" aiming, trying to be Halo. Only good thing about the sequel is getting Frosty the Tiger shouting LABOTAAMMY everytime you shoot someone. Actually wait.. i think i do like TS3 more. Subway map. Virus. NUFFSAID.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »

No, not TimeSplitters 2!

You cruisin' for a bruisin!
TS2 is better for versus, TS:FP is better for co-op. I like 2 better, overall, though. Virus tag loses all it's fun in FP for no discernable reason.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »

Also, it was awesome making custom levels where every room flickered green really fast :D Caused so much eye pain and was impossible to play!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2008, 03:36:58 PM »

*e-high fives Inane*

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2008, 07:26:44 PM »

Let it be consented that TimeSplitters is, in general, awesome.

(Get both of them.)

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »

also, has anyone mentioned Odin Sphere yet?

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »

Yeah, apperently the first part is boring, but the rest is worth it, also I'm not hugely down with JRPGS.

ALSO, I was thinking of Getting Dark Cloud.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »

I totally second Okami and Way of the Samurai. Rygar is also a great game if you like God of War style action. It isn't too long but it is a great looking game and has a pretty good fighting system that isn't too complex but is satisfying nonetheless.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 03:38:58 AM »

I personally found that the GoldenEye-style aiming of TS2 added nothing but frustration to the game. It was harder to aim and you still had to move the crosshair to the edge of the screen in order to turn. Making the aiming crosshair centered on the screen isn't trying to be Halo, it's just not using an outdated aiming system built for a single-analog controller.

Unless you people can tell me how it improved the game besides making the gun look a bit cooler on the screen as it moves around.

And admittedly I haven't played much multiplayer TS2 or 3 to be able to judge on that part. Not a big fan of multiplayer most of the time. (mostly because I can't get less than 200 milisecond ping)

Ninja edit: I also second RE4 if you can't play the Wii version. The dialogue is ridiculously cheesy, but if you actually like RE dialogue you should love it to bits. Just don't expect scare tactics (thank the heavens).

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 03:46:32 AM »

Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle in eu) is superb but very long haul. Seriously great game if you get into it.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:52 AM »

Big if there for me. I just couldn't get into the game's repetitive nature and lack of plot. Though Max is like a human version of Tails, and that makes him adorable.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 05:29:34 AM »

I personally found that the GoldenEye-style aiming of TS2 added nothing but frustration to the game. It was harder to aim and you still had to move the crosshair to the edge of the screen in order to turn. Making the aiming crosshair centered on the screen isn't trying to be Halo, it's just not using an outdated aiming system built for a single-analog controller.

Unless you people can tell me how it improved the game besides making the gun look a bit cooler on the screen as it moves around.

And admittedly I haven't played much multiplayer TS2 or 3 to be able to judge on that part. Not a big fan of multiplayer most of the time. (mostly because I can't get less than 200 milisecond ping)

Ninja edit: I also second RE4 if you can't play the Wii version. The dialogue is ridiculously cheesy, but if you actually like RE dialogue you should love it to bits. Just don't expect scare tactics (thank the heavens).
Um, it only aims like that if you hold down a button.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »

Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle in eu) is superb but very long haul. Seriously great game if you get into it.
When I was younger my favourite games were Actrazer and SoulBlazer. I loved the "fight monsters to improve your city" mechanic. I played Hinterland for a while, but I found that the monster fighting really had nothing to do with the city building, well, it went one way, you built the city better to fight monsters better. I would've preferred more back and forth.

I played the Gamecube version for about an hour, I wasn't a fan of the gameplay, it felt very stiff and on rails, also I hate collecting useless shit.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »

:D Good gameplay wise (Plus golfing is the best minigame eva'), but the story in that game is slightly above Powerstone 2's. Pretty much, bottom of the barrel. Utter crap. Really.

Also, FINNNNNY FRENZY!!

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2008, 12:40:55 PM »

Yeah, DC2's plot might as well not be there at all.

However that game gets a few more points of awesome when you install the voice chip on Max's robot. Grin

Also, Odin Sphere has two glaring flaws: ridiculous padding, resulting in unnecessary repetition, and bad coding, resulting in some areas being ridiculously laggy ('final' boss with the first character is the most famous case. The FPS will sometimes reach the double digits), unless you're playing in the PS3 which nullifies that problem with more processing power.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic