Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 07:25:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralmazemod: YES! (for those that ignored this: it's a chip music site)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: mazemod: YES! (for those that ignored this: it's a chip music site)  (Read 2956 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

So I stumbled upon this awesome internet "radio" chiptune site called mazemod.  It's such an awesome site to leave on in the background when you don't feel like listening to your own music collection.

http://www.mazemod.org/#news.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:10:27 PM by architekt » Logged
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »

Does this use Dark Sector's MOD player?
If not it certainly should!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »

Oh maaaaan this is awesome.

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »

Ah lovely! Gentleman

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »

I like it!  Grin

Been listening to it in the background for a while, I even forgot it's there. The chiptune station doesn't have many irritating songs that snap you out of whatever you're doing. Fun fun.

The site's seizure theme is kickass, too!

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »

I just turned it on.
I'm certain I've heard the tune that's playing in Lyle in Cube Sector.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »

The site's seizure theme is kickass, too!
more like EPILEPTASTIC

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 05:20:13 AM »

I just turned it on.
Lyle in Cube Sector was such and awesome game, and it had such a great soundtrack!  Kiss

You probably did hear a song from that, because apparently the creator just went to that chip community and stole a bunch of random songs for the game.  A lot of the music seems to be pretty old, with no contact info for the creators.  I'm in the nasty position now of being very tempted to use some music I've heard on mazemod (then googled and downloaded) in my games, but with no contact info for the creators it would be pretty hard to ask for permission (which I'd definitely want before using their music).

And yeah, I love the site's design, bright colours and geometry!  Kiss Kiss Kiss
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:25:32 AM »

The chiptune station doesn't have many irritating songs that snap you out of whatever you're doing.

I have a collection of mod files like these which I think is much, much larger than this site's, but it definitely has this problem.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 08:33:14 AM »

I just turned it on.
Lyle in Cube Sector was such and awesome game, and it had such a great soundtrack!  Kiss

You probably did hear a song from that, because apparently the creator just went to that chip community and stole a bunch of random songs for the game.  A lot of the music seems to be pretty old, with no contact info for the creators.  I'm in the nasty position now of being very tempted to use some music I've heard on mazemod (then googled and downloaded) in my games, but with no contact info for the creators it would be pretty hard to ask for permission (which I'd definitely want before using their music).

And yeah, I love the site's design, bright colours and geometry!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Her 11 - Estrayk
That's the music that was used in the final part of Lyle in Cube Sector, I'm certain of it. I actually started whistling along with as soon as it came on just now. This stuff is pretty great.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 08:34:11 AM »

Apparently, mazemod's archive is 3000 songs!  Kiss Kiss Kiss
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »

Oh nice find, thank you!

Tears of Joy

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 11:29:32 PM »

Her 11 - Estrayk
That's the music that was used in the final part of Lyle in Cube Sector, I'm certain of it. I actually started whistling along with as soon as it came on just now. This stuff is pretty great.

You are correct! You'll probably be glad to know that there are 10 other Her songs by Estrayk out there. Some time ago I also found a cover of Her 11, but it doesn't reach the quality of the original in my opinion.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »

This is so awesome i dont know what to say.  WTF
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »

This is great. I think I may try using this music for some videos I want to do. i wonder if any of it is public domain, free for use and whatnot.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »

This is great. I think I may try using this music for some videos I want to do. i wonder if any of it is public domain, free for use and whatnot.
I'm not sure.  Like I'd said before, a lot of it's quite old actually (possibly pre-dating creative commons, or at least the widespread use of it), and the creators are hard to track down.
J Chastain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

Closest thing I've ever seen to Kohina.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic