Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 10:09:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralClose Encounters of the First Kind?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Close Encounters of the First Kind?  (Read 7127 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:34:21 AM »

It seems to me that nowadays just about everyone has seen something that they can't explain. Now whether or not what anyone witnesses is of extra-terrestrial origin or not is up to debate. What cannot be debated though is that people are seeing something be it terrestrial or extra-terrestrial.

My curiosity has been piqued recently and I have been asking people I know of to recount their "sightings" and it is incredible to me that most people have some story. My uncle and his girfriend at the time actually sighted an object and experienced what is commonly referred to as "missing time". My mother and her sisters witnessed a "craft" while out on a trip with their parents, an event which my grandpa corroborated and also was able to estimate the object's speed in excess of 2500 mph (this being in the late '70s).

I myself experienced something that I cannot attribute to anything but one of two things: top secret government aircraft or extra-terrestrial craft. On a clear winter night me and two of my friends were just reaching the top of a hill when one of my friends asked if we saw what he was seeing. We proceeded to look up and there was a small, white object falling like a leaf against the night sky. We stood there and watched it for about 30 seconds or so when two other white objects flew into view. These objects positioned themselves on either side of the falling object and seemed to be helping it back up. The objects gradually flew upwards and into and out of the atmosphere. Needless to say the event was quite profound. It was obvious to me that the objects were like nothing I had ever witnessed and were not conventional aircraft due to their ability to fly so high in the atmosphere. To this day I am convinced that what I saw was government or extra-terrestrial in nature.

This brings me to my question: how many of you have actually seen something that you know for a fact is not just a star, planet, comet etc? Not just a light in the sky but something truly mysterious, something that defies what an aircraft, as we know them, can achieve. Post your "close encounters" and theories here.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:44:05 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:35:43 AM »

PROTIP: Separate huge walls of text into paragraphs, it raises readability and hence replies.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:37:13 AM »

Oops, sorry. I'm a little tired and I didn't realize that I had put up a wall. Will edit.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:43:50 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »

I saw a ghost in my basement, once. We got some beer and played Brawl.

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Luilak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:37:13 AM »

Yes, I've seen things.
Yes, usually late at night, in a rather... lightheaded state of mind.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:45:55 AM »

I saw a ghost in my basement, once. We got some beer and played Brawl.

At least you got the cool type of ghost. The last time my house was haunted all the damn ghost did was throw cups around the room and make loud, banging noises.

Yes, I've seen things.
Yes, usually late at night, in a rather... lightheaded state of mind.

Stay away from the magic mushrooms son. It's not like what Mario told you.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 02:48:55 AM »

I saw a light in the sky one night that was pretty freaky, too fast for a plane. It might have been a comet but I think it flashed on and off... or maybe it changed direction. Something made me think it couldn't be a comet but I can't remember what now. It was very late and I might have just been dreaming, but it didn't feel like a dream.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »

... or maybe it changed direction.

That's the thing about a lot of these sightings is the fact that these craft are doing some pretty extraordinary things. The three craft I witnessed in particular were unlike anything that I have heard of besides the various reports of UFOs. Now I don't claim to know what these things are but whatever they are it is quite obvious to me that the level of technology involved in them is incredible. For any aircraft to turn on a dime like what these things can do is crazy in and of itself, the G-Force would be insane.

Luilak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 03:05:33 AM »

Stay away from the magic mushrooms son. It's not like what Mario told you.

I just wanted to grow up Sad
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 03:06:44 AM »

That's the thing about a lot of these sightings is the fact that these craft are doing some pretty extraordinary things. The three craft I witnessed in particular were unlike anything that I have heard of besides the various reports of UFOs. Now I don't claim to know what these things are but whatever they are it is quite obvious to me that the level of technology involved in them is incredible. For any aircraft to turn on a dime like what these things can do is crazy in and of itself, the G-Force would be insane.
You sure that it wasn't perhaps a strong light against clouds, light reflected off one of those little bubble things in your eyes or one of those spots you see everywhere after looking at a light?

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Seth
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 03:10:14 AM »

whilst sleeping one night I awoke to find sitting upon my chest a small green humanoid that I knew instinctively to be a Daemon not of this world, a being containing in himself nothing but Evil.  His head was large and bald, his chin narrow and his mouth small.  His nose was bulbous and his eyes looked as if they had been evolved shut, like a mole's, as if he had eyes under that layer of skin but due to lack of light in the Underworld, after generations his kind had no more use for plain vision.  His body was small, his arms and legs skinny and spindly, but either he possessed supernatural strength or through some dark magick he constrained my body to the point where I could not move a single appendage.  The tremendous weight of his small body encumbered my lungs and I had great difficulty breathing.  All the meanwhile the Daemon whispered incessantly into my ear some ghoulish language.  Considering myself a rational man, I supposed that I was in fact experiencing a vivid dream, and decided that, if the ghoul were a product of my mind, I might close my eyes and see if that act would by itself disperse the vision.  I shut my eyes and no longer saw the Daemon, but still I heard his whispers.  I opened them again and to my horror the Daemon was still there.  At this I recognized that I had with me the capabilities of rational thought and the self-conscious awareness that is wholly uncommon to the dream state, and I deduced that I was, in fact, not dreaming.  All the meanwhile my breathing was only becoming more difficult and for the first time in my life I became convinced that I was about to die, or, rather, be killed by the Daemon that sat upon my chest.  I am ashamed to say that with the little breath I had I attempted to beg with the ghoul for my life, while I struggled to physically throw the thing off me.  I could not, but then concentrated on moving my large toe, as it seemed the only part of my body that the Daemon had not completely restrained.  With effort I could increase the range of movement of my toe by miniscule amounts, and suddenly the Daemon vanished.  I sat upright and gasped to fill my lungs with air that I thought would never fill my lungs again, and felt myself a fool, thinking again I must have been in a dream, when looking at the bedside wall (that in the position of my sleep I would have been facing) I noticed the light that came through my bedroom window cast upon the wall the exact colour of the Daemon.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:13:48 AM by Seth » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 03:14:20 AM »

Welcome to /x/

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 03:14:56 AM »

You sure that it wasn't perhaps a strong light against clouds, light reflected off one of those little bubble things in your eyes or one of those spots you see everywhere after looking at a light?

Yeah, it was probably just a weather balloon  Tongue

Seriously though, I am 100% sure.

It was perhaps the craziest thing I have ever seen just because I couldn't explain it. The thing that got me the most was the way the first craft appeared to be losing control and how the other craft seemed to come to it's aid and pull it up somehow. I don't know about you but I don't know of any craft that can pull another craft up out of a fall like that.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 03:34:10 AM »

It kinda sucks for me that I can't remember ever seeing anything that couldn't have been a hallucination. Having witnesses is a big part of that, because it's much harder for a lot of people to get crazy at once with the same kind of hallucination than just one.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 03:44:36 AM »

It kinda sucks for me that I can't remember ever seeing anything that couldn't have been a hallucination. Having witnesses is a big part of that, because it's much harder for a lot of people to get crazy at once with the same kind of hallucination than just one.

Yeah, it definitely gives a lot more credence to these types of events. When I first talked to my uncle about the whole "missing time" thing I was somewhat skeptical. However, I then talked to his ex-girlfriend about this and she gave me the same exact rendition as he did. Which makes the vent that much creepier. Apparently they were driving down the road and saw this light and then it was two hours later. The last time they both remembered was 2:00am and then all of a sudden it was 4:00am. I get chills up my spine just thinking about it. Either they got together and dreamed this up for the hell of it, which seems really unlikely due to the fact that they aren't even together anymore, or they really did have this happen to them or at least believe that it did.

Movius
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 04:43:06 AM »

I myself experienced something that I cannot attribute to anything but one of two things: top secret government aircraft or extra-terrestrial craft. On a clear winter night me and two of my friends were just reaching the top of a hill when one of my friends asked if we saw what he was seeing. We proceeded to look up and there was a small, white object falling like a leaf against the night sky. We stood there and watched it for about 30 seconds or so when two other white objects flew into view. These objects positioned themselves on either side of the falling object and seemed to be helping it back up. The objects gradually flew upwards and into and out of the atmosphere. Needless to say the event was quite profound. It was obvious to me that the objects were like nothing I had ever witnessed and were not conventional aircraft due to their ability to fly so high in the atmosphere. To this day I am convinced that what I saw was government or extra-terrestrial in nature.
Far away car headlights vs Mirage
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 05:47:57 AM »

What I could never understand about things like this is, when someone sees something they can't explain they immediately jump to the most ridiculous conclusions. I mean, abnormal weather effect Vs aliens from millions of light years away, or tiredness Vs spirit of the dead reaching out from beyond the grave, should be no contest, but it seems people just want to fool themselves.

When you take a step back and think about these things logically it is amazing how people can actually, and so completely, believe the most ludicrous of things.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 05:49:33 AM »

Do things you've seen on acid count?

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 06:11:38 AM »

whilst sleeping one night I awoke to find sitting upon my chest a small green humanoid that I knew instinctively to be a Daemon not of this world, a being containing in himself nothing but Evil.  His head was large and bald, his chin narrow and his mouth small.  His nose was bulbous and his eyes looked as if they had been evolved shut, like a mole's, as if he had eyes under that layer of skin but due to lack of light in the Underworld, after generations his kind had no more use for plain vision.  His body was small, his arms and legs skinny and spindly, but either he possessed supernatural strength or through some dark magick he constrained my body to the point where I could not move a single appendage.  The tremendous weight of his small body encumbered my lungs and I had great difficulty breathing.  All the meanwhile the Daemon whispered incessantly into my ear some ghoulish language.  Considering myself a rational man, I supposed that I was in fact experiencing a vivid dream, and decided that, if the ghoul were a product of my mind, I might close my eyes and see if that act would by itself disperse the vision.  I shut my eyes and no longer saw the Daemon, but still I heard his whispers.  I opened them again and to my horror the Daemon was still there.  At this I recognized that I had with me the capabilities of rational thought and the self-conscious awareness that is wholly uncommon to the dream state, and I deduced that I was, in fact, not dreaming.  All the meanwhile my breathing was only becoming more difficult and for the first time in my life I became convinced that I was about to die, or, rather, be killed by the Daemon that sat upon my chest.  I am ashamed to say that with the little breath I had I attempted to beg with the ghoul for my life, while I struggled to physically throw the thing off me.  I could not, but then concentrated on moving my large toe, as it seemed the only part of my body that the Daemon had not completely restrained.  With effort I could increase the range of movement of my toe by miniscule amounts, and suddenly the Daemon vanished.  I sat upright and gasped to fill my lungs with air that I thought would never fill my lungs again, and felt myself a fool, thinking again I must have been in a dream, when looking at the bedside wall (that in the position of my sleep I would have been facing) I noticed the light that came through my bedroom window cast upon the wall the exact colour of the Daemon.

Standard case of Sleep Paralysis

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Seth
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 06:28:12 AM »

Yep, it really is a fascinating thing.  Scientists have been unable to relate the occurrence of sleep paralysis to any sort of mental instability.   And when you consider how similar the accounts of demons (especially the common sexually invasive demon vision, like the rapist succubus and the incubus of olden times) to the standard account of the alien abductee of being restrained and probed, along with the fact that on average the alien abductees have not been found to be more sane or insane than non abductees, it really gives credence to the thought that aliens really are just this era's supernatural being, having largely replaced demons in social consciousness. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic