Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 10:32:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralClose Encounters of the First Kind?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Close Encounters of the First Kind?  (Read 7127 times)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »

whilst sleeping one night I awoke to find sitting upon my chest a small green humanoid that I knew instinctively to be a Daemon not of this world, a being containing in himself nothing but Evil.  His head was large and bald, his chin narrow and his mouth small.  His nose was bulbous and his eyes looked as if they had been evolved shut, like a mole's, as if he had eyes under that layer of skin but due to lack of light in the Underworld, after generations his kind had no more use for plain vision.  His body was small, his arms and legs skinny and spindly, but either he possessed supernatural strength or through some dark magick he constrained my body to the point where I could not move a single appendage.  The tremendous weight of his small body encumbered my lungs and I had great difficulty breathing.  All the meanwhile the Daemon whispered incessantly into my ear some ghoulish language.  Considering myself a rational man, I supposed that I was in fact experiencing a vivid dream, and decided that, if the ghoul were a product of my mind, I might close my eyes and see if that act would by itself disperse the vision.  I shut my eyes and no longer saw the Daemon, but still I heard his whispers.  I opened them again and to my horror the Daemon was still there.  At this I recognized that I had with me the capabilities of rational thought and the self-conscious awareness that is wholly uncommon to the dream state, and I deduced that I was, in fact, not dreaming.  All the meanwhile my breathing was only becoming more difficult and for the first time in my life I became convinced that I was about to die, or, rather, be killed by the Daemon that sat upon my chest.  I am ashamed to say that with the little breath I had I attempted to beg with the ghoul for my life, while I struggled to physically throw the thing off me.  I could not, but then concentrated on moving my large toe, as it seemed the only part of my body that the Daemon had not completely restrained.  With effort I could increase the range of movement of my toe by miniscule amounts, and suddenly the Daemon vanished.  I sat upright and gasped to fill my lungs with air that I thought would never fill my lungs again, and felt myself a fool, thinking again I must have been in a dream, when looking at the bedside wall (that in the position of my sleep I would have been facing) I noticed the light that came through my bedroom window cast upon the wall the exact colour of the Daemon.

Standard case of Sleep Paralysis

Whatever helps you get to sleep at night...

As for me, I had an experience too once. I found this 'being' that I was able to lure into my room with reese's pieces. He looked scary but he turned out to be a nice guy. Later he babbled on about trying to call his parents or something so I flew him home on a bicycle while the cops were chasing us.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:10:04 AM by HandCraftedRadio » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 07:54:56 AM »

I've had cases of sleep paralysis. It was kinda freaky, because sometimes it could get pretty hard to snap out of it. I had to try and make physical effort, like building strength for one fast movement and then getting up.

Maybe it wasn't sleep paralysis, now that I think about it, but it was annoying nonetheless.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 08:53:09 AM »

Yep, it really is a fascinating thing.  Scientists have been unable to relate the occurrence of sleep paralysis to any sort of mental instability.   And when you consider how similar the accounts of demons (especially the common sexually invasive demon vision, like the rapist succubus and the incubus of olden times) to the standard account of the alien abductee of being restrained and probed, along with the fact that on average the alien abductees have not been found to be more sane or insane than non abductees, it really gives credence to the thought that aliens really are just this era's supernatural being, having largely replaced demons in social consciousness. 

Vey likely. On Mexico, people still believe on demonic entites far more than on aliens, so the sleep paralysis is often addressed as a dead man lying on top of you. The tradition says that you must continually start say offensive words so the effect may pass sooner.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 10:09:10 AM »

What I could never understand about things like this is, when someone sees something they can't explain they immediately jump to the most ridiculous conclusions. I mean, abnormal weather effect Vs aliens from millions of light years away, or tiredness Vs spirit of the dead reaching out from beyond the grave, should be no contest, but it seems people just want to fool themselves.

When you take a step back and think about these things logically it is amazing how people can actually, and so completely, believe the most ludicrous of things.

Hey, your guess is as good as mine as to what I saw that night. All I know is that whatever it was it was something that has not been disclosed to the general populace. Unless you can get me a description that fits what I saw (two objects being able to "pull" another object up) I will only be able to speculate as to their origin. I consider myself a pretty rational person and I am not jumping to conclusions on this one. I only know what I saw, and what that was remains a mystery. All I know for certain is that they were not optical illusions and that they had to be intelligently controlled due to the fact that I have never seen nor heard of any comet or space debris being able to fall and then accelerate back up.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 10:14:05 AM »

I think the most interesting aspect of this is when you start to look at how little of a visual field we actually have, and how much information about what we see is filled in by the brain later on using what we already know. Honestly it's kind of surprising that we ever manage to recognize anything correctly.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »

This is very true. Believe me, I have seen other things in the sky that I could not easily identify when I was younger and would usually try to pepper it as being some sort of alien ship in my enthusiasm. More often than not though, these objects would variably be comets, satellites or some terrestrial phenomenon. The time in question was different though. I would have merely passed these objects off as the same type of things I had witnessed before had it not been for the two additional objects that "helped" this other object up. I don't know what they were and like I said their origin could likely be terrestrial in nature (even the B-2 was mistaken as "alien craft" before it was declassified), I do know that I saw them and witnessed the behavior they exhibited and it was most certainly not anything that has been declassified if it was military in nature.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »

Unless you can get me a description that fits what I saw (two objects being able to "pull" another object up)
Two swallows carrying a coconut.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »

Unless you can get me a description that fits what I saw (two objects being able to "pull" another object up)
Two swallows carrying a coconut.

Yes, Space Swallows able to propel themselves out into the dark recesses of space  :D

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »

First of all, excuse my mistakes but english isn't my first language and I'm going to improvise a bit here:
The most underestimated thing to study about UFOs is the so-called skeptic point of view, these people use Ufology as pretexts to be pedants and pretend they have a higher intelligence than others. Skepticism is a good thing, but it must always be associated with an open mind.
As an amateur ufologist I have studied many reports (I know of most cases) and although most of these are either lunatics, crooks, or misidentified normal phenomenons, I have personally come to the conclusion that there are some unexplainable things in the atmosphere that need to be studied.
When I say "unexplainable things" I mean things that look like technological objects with uncomprehensible flight caracteristics.
Basically I came to the same conclusions that the Cometa report.
There are many interesting cases, among others: the belgium wave, but there are many other well documented cases by credible witnesses.
I'm thinking of this case where 5 policemen of different counties followed an object during several hours (forgot the paticular reference to this one)
Unfortunately, ufology is a difficult thing to study because of:
-rarity of actual phenomenon
-incredibly low signal to noise ratio
-fanaticism (both ufo lunatics and skeptics)
-general sarcastic tone adopted by the media

The disclosure project for example is very interesting (youtube it), although one can cast doubts about the integrity of the project originator, it's difficult to cast doubt on the testimony of all these retired pilots and military personal.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:44 PM »

The shear amount of reports by credible witnesses is also staggering. I have read, watched and spoken with those in the aviation fields who have seen these phenomena and have no explanation that they can give even with their extensive experience in the aviation field. It is quite obvious to me that something is occurring, now as to what that may be I cannot, with any certainty, claim to know.

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 12:05:03 PM »

Not long ago, I came across an interesting reason that we haven't seen any alien spacecraft. Any alien race capable of crossing multiple light years of space is also likely to be capable of sending microscopic computers and spacecraft instead of wasting 46000 tons of fuel on something large enough to be seen.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »

I see no reason for an hypothetical space faring race to establish contact with humanity as it is today , we must look like real barbarians. We are unable to achieve peace within our own species, we are ruining the environment and unwilling to act against this, personal economical interests dominate over global interests, inside our governments exist shadowy organizations acting against their own people, etc, etc...

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 12:18:57 PM »

I see no reason for an hypothetical space faring race to establish contact with humanity as it is today , we must look like real barbarians. We are unable to achieve peace within our own species, we are ruining the environment and unwilling to act against this, personal economical interests dominate over global interests, inside our governments exist shadowy organizations acting against their own people, etc, etc...
The NEW field of entertainment: No fiction, no actors, see REAL civilizations tear themselves apart!
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 12:24:24 PM »

The NEW field of entertainment: No fiction, no actors, see REAL civilizations tear themselves apart!

As horrible as this may sound, it's not very farfetched.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »

The ironic thing is is that if a far advanced alien civilization watches us for entertainment they are just as barbaric as we are.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 12:44:56 PM »

Totally possible. And scary.

"Meh, these little pink fleshbags are starting to live in peace and fix their environment. Boooring. Who's in for scorching them all alive slowly?"

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »

We are probably worthy of being studied just out of scientific interest.
there must not be a lot of other civilizations (if any) in the universe.

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »

Tthanks to the history in channel, over the past few years I've become a minor-UFO junkie (just in that I feel I'm up to date on all the latest major finds) and for the most part, I think they are mostly a load of garbage. My biggest problem is with alien abductions and people who see alien beings, because if there truly were advanced intelligent life forms with the technology to travel across the solar system, why would they send fleshy death-prone beings when they could just send microscopic robotic probes or something else along those lines.

That being said, the one case that really intrigues me, and that might actually be something super awesome from another planet, is footage of alien fleets over mexico. There are a bunch of them, some videos more convincing than others.
A really convincing video can be found

I also planned to rant a little bit about how Spore convinced me that aliens were real, and that they were just abducting us to complete missions in space, but I ran out of energy, so that can wait.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 12:45:39 PM »

because if there truly were advanced intelligent life forms with the technology to travel across the solar system, why would they send fleshy death-prone beings when they could just send microscopic robotic probes or something else along those lines.

Well, maybe they are field scientists. Maybe their civilization won't fund those guys for robotic research, so they came on their own, much like we do when researching animal behaviour. Or maybe they be pirates.

Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:39:10 AM by Skofo » Logged

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic