Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 08:26:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTether: Simple Multiplier Physics Based Dodging Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tether: Simple Multiplier Physics Based Dodging Game  (Read 695 times)
drrush
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »

The idea behind Tether was it was designed as a simple multilayer game to help us learn the game development process so that we could get experience before we overwhelm ourselves with a complicated game. It's the kind of game that you would play during a lan party during those 15-20 minutes where people are waiting on David to install civilization Wink.

My friends and I have been working on Tether for just under a year now, mostly in the evenings and weekends, and we meet every Wednesday night for a virtual meeting. Life keeps getting in the way as it always does, but we are excited because with the start of summer break we can really start to dedicate more serious time to finishing this project. The process has had its ups and downs, but overall I think its been a blast. We hope to start making regular updates on our progress here and have a playable demo available in the near future.

I recorded part of our weekly game-play testing sessions to show off how general gameplay works. Keep in mind still have a lot work to finish.

Video:

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated. We have gone through a lot of technical and organizational hurdles to get to this point so feel free to ask us about anything.
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »

interesting that you chose online multiplayer as a simple thing! that is probably one of the trickiest things that I have dealt with. Cool that you got the core working though. What are you planning on doing about graphics?

drrush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:52:50 PM »

Ya that's very true, the original ideas was to make a very simple game multiplayer as a challenge. I think it took months to get it working smoothly. Most of the core team have degrees in computer science or other engineering disciplines so the more technical side is our strength. In that respect we are not as strong graphically, and we have been putting off graphics until the end. (our graphic deficiency is why we waited this long to post) The idea was to keep it simple and clean.

Currently, we are working on improving the graphics and I will post screen shots as they get updated. But we are also always open to suggestions and designs from talented people.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic