Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 02:12:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGeneral ideas & feed back wanted - I Am Wrestlar!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: General ideas & feed back wanted - I Am Wrestlar!!  (Read 608 times)
PeteDevlin
« on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »

Hi forum users

Unfairly this isn't a development log as it's really only at the idea testing stage. I'm hoping the community can throw up some ideas.

The current evolution of the idea is an arcade style wrestling game that blends old school wresting games with punch out!! tells reading. The player enters a randomized tournament and must fight their way to the winners prize.

The fights involve one on one battles and royal rumbles (RR test video here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-oaWw1P2CotMHhha2szNUdfdVU/edit?usp=sharing)

As a form of anti-fighting game the player has a very limited move set and opponents moves are signalled through tells. Like punch out!! opponents signal some sort of tell that allows the player to dodge appropriately, block, take a hit, or risk being hit. Hits can be single blows or combos/flurries.

My example featured a Mario fighter who swings his spanner and then thrusts it into the face of the player - Or, quickly grows a Tanooki tail and then swipes at the players legs (example pics below).

I'm curious to see if anyone finds anything interesting about it - It seems to have hit a brick wall as the design seems to have given up it's goods just through testing, and there isn't much more in it. I had looked at what individual fights could offer in terms of individual challenge but the scope seems limited - Additionally the resources for art are ambitious. From a scope perspective it seems a little too demanding.

Does anyone have any suggestions I might not have thought of in terms of how the idea could be evolved into much better and enjoyable gameplay?

I'l be back on in a day or two so will catch up with any comments - Thanks for reading.

P.s. - If anyone can show me how to embed videos that'd be great.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic