Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 08:20:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1322402 times)
Curseman
« Reply #500 on: March 07, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »

Vanguard you really oughta play /indev/

full-fledged crafting system, with a whole suite of items, armor, enemies, weapons, etc etc

I do.  It's fun, but it needs more content.  What I'm really looking forward to is when it gets multiplayer.

What's there now isn't worth the 10 euro price of admission, but it's still worth buying now while it's half price because later versions will definitely be worth it.
Ashkin
« Reply #501 on: March 07, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

I don't like how people say how there should be win conditions and currency in multiplayer. I think it would be interesting to see a server evolve from simply trading goods to eventually establishing a system of currency and government.
Curseman
« Reply #502 on: March 07, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »

Currency maybe, the only government you'll ever see in minecraft is going to be admins though.

Anyway, there'll be different multiplayer gametypes.  There'll be infinite map sandbox mode, and there'll be organized deathmatch/CTF type servers.  No reason to not have both.  Notch is willing to do the work.
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2010, 03:07:37 AM »

Hey hey hey! There's an interview with me up on gamasutra.com now, and I'm super excited! :D

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27719/Interview_Markus_Notch_Persson_Talks_Making_Minecraft.php
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: March 24, 2010, 05:42:14 AM »

WURM ONLINE 4 LYFE

minecarft is just blocks with shitty garphics shoulda sticked to wurm

(i love minecraft)

mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:04 AM »

Hey hey hey! There's an interview with me up on gamasutra.com now, and I'm super excited! :D

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27719/Interview_Markus_Notch_Persson_Talks_Making_Minecraft.php

Good interview, even if it's a little short.

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Curseman
« Reply #506 on: March 26, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »

Hey Notch!  Good to see you posting here again.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2010, 04:43:48 PM »

The second it finishes loading it just kinda disappears... so I can't play this.  Sad
Ashkin
« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2010, 05:40:48 PM »

Oh man oh man oh man. The new level generator is beyond awesome.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: March 28, 2010, 03:27:54 AM »

I know, right. It's becoming pretty hard picking a place to start building my base, I just keep finding new and cooler places.

Also, I can't wait for Multiplayer mode, this is going to be GOTY all years.
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 29, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »

The second it finishes loading it just kinda disappears... so I can't play this.  Sad

Macintosh? As soon as the new MBPs get released, I'm getting a mac for testing..
If it's not mac, what hardware do you have? How much memory does it say it's got in the title menu?

Hey Notch!  Good to see you posting here again.
Hey hey! I'm trying to be more active in the TIG community. =D I've even started reading some of the forums again.
Kekskiller
« Reply #511 on: March 29, 2010, 04:05:06 AM »

Is there still a private TIGSource minecraft server? Just bought the game, updated java, did a custom skin and can't to play it again Hand Shake LeftGrin:handshakeR:
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 29, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »

Just got the game, it was rather impulsive as I didn't follow it at all and had no idea what it was about, except all the cool kids were playing it.

Man, for an alpha, it is frickin' sweet  Coffee

There's so much that can't be done with the base concept...waiting impatiently for the updates!

Awesome job, notch!  Gentleman
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 29, 2010, 08:06:03 PM »

The second it finishes loading it just kinda disappears... so I can't play this.  Sad
Macintosh? As soon as the new MBPs get released, I'm getting a mac for testing..
If it's not mac, what hardware do you have? How much memory does it say it's got in the title menu?

Nope, Windows 7. Just updated Java. I don't know how much; the second the loading bars are done, the entire applet just kinda disappears, like it was never there. Here's the pic. It's just... gone.

It'd be nice if there was an offline version or something.
Curseman
« Reply #514 on: March 29, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »

The only thing indev has that infdev doesn't is enemy spawning, right?  I can't wait for that update - not because I care about infinite terrain, but because I love the new level generator.  It has so much more personality.

Edit: You still don't want to hear about bugs in infdev right?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:42:46 PM by Vanguard » Logged
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 30, 2010, 03:23:27 AM »

Man, multiplayer + ennemy spawning in infdev is going to be SWEET.

Can't wait to take on hordes of Zombies in my underground fort with my fellow miners  Evil
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: March 30, 2010, 05:01:39 AM »

The only thing indev has that infdev doesn't is enemy spawning, right?  I can't wait for that update - not because I care about infinite terrain, but because I love the new level generator.  It has so much more personality.

Edit: You still don't want to hear about bugs in infdev right?

It also doesn't have proper tile ticking I believe. I could dig a tunnel under the water because the water never fell down.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: March 30, 2010, 05:06:27 AM »

Also the coal/gold/diamond etc are appearing in random places in the surface instead of underground. Infdev is still not quite playable compared to Indev.

Also as far as the surface goes, the terrain is perfect. I would just love to see random things popping out, old ruins, abandoned houses, huge chunks of rocks sticking out (instead of always dirt), stuff like that. Also, Neutral Goblin Villages to trade goods. The sky is the limit.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:14:02 AM by kYn » Logged
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 30, 2010, 05:09:53 AM »

Is it bad?
As long as it is random, I see no problem in it(I secretly wish for it every time.).
Curseman
« Reply #519 on: March 30, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »

New update to infdev.  I don't know how many changes there were, but the clouds don't follow you anymore, so that's nice.

Is it bad?

Is what bad?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic