Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 09:32:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWin GameMaker Studio, Valued At $300
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Win GameMaker Studio, Valued At $300  (Read 1320 times)
True Valhalla
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

UPDATE:

With over 240 entries in my GameMaker Studio giveaway, I’d like to give my official congratulations to Pauli Jokela from Finland – you’ve won a copy of GameMaker Studio, as well as the HTML5 development module!

--------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

To celebrate the launch of GameMaker Studio, I'm giving away a copy of Studio valued at $300. For a chance to win, simply do one or both of these things on my social media channels:

Follow me on Twitter and retweet this linked tweet

Like my page "Myriad Online" on Facebook and share this linked post

Both actions will give you one entry into the draw, however you must have at least 20 followers on Twitter for that to count.

I will announce the winner at the end of this month, May 2012, and they will be contacted directly.

Congratulations to YoYo Games for this huge milestone, and good luck to all the entrants in my GM Studio giveaway!

Official blog post: http://bit.ly/WinGMS
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:42:56 AM by True Valhalla » Logged
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »

wademcgillis
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »

I'd try this, except you blocked me on Twitter.
theweirdn8
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 03:18:58 AM »

There are two giveaways. If you're blocked on twitter, appeal so that you may become unblocked.

Also, enter the facebook one.

I hope we win.

-The (overly) ambitious open source cross-platform game engine.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »

not a fan of these 'spam my friends for a chance to win' contests -- i think they work (for the person holding the contest) but always feel cheesy for the people participating, since i don't want to annoy the people who followed me on facebook/twitter just for a selfish reason of  a small chance of winning a prize. most of the time people don't win these, and then what are they left with? having annoyed their friends for nothing

True Valhalla
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:09:31 PM »

not a fan of these 'spam my friends for a chance to win' contests -- i think they work (for the person holding the contest) but always feel cheesy for the people participating, since i don't want to annoy the people who followed me on facebook/twitter just for a selfish reason of  a small chance of winning a prize. most of the time people don't win these, and then what are they left with? having annoyed their friends for nothing

I can certainly understand that. There's definitely a marketing aspect behind it, and the people that choose to RT or share do it on their own accord. Ultimately it's their decision if one tweet is worth a chance of winning $300 of software.

The whole social media aspect is not just a marketing gimmick though, it certainly spreads the message effectively and gives more people a chance to win. I think that's important in itself.
True Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:41:43 AM »

With over 240 entries in my GameMaker Studio giveaway, I’d like to give my official congratulations to Pauli Jokela from Finland – you’ve won a copy of GameMaker Studio, as well as the HTML5 development module!
theweirdn8
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:07:33 AM »

Hey weren't you giving out 2 copies? One for FaceBook and one for Twitter?

-The (overly) ambitious open source cross-platform game engine.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic