Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 05:12:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsIn search of UE4 programmer for 2D platformer (RevShare)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: In search of UE4 programmer for 2D platformer (RevShare)  (Read 561 times)
UnityBeats
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »

Hi! I'm in search of a programmer/developer familiar with UE4 to help realize a 2D platformer I will be creating all of the assets for.

About the project:
The game is called Chicken Head, and features the player as a newly-headless chicken, fresh off the chopping block, running for its life to reunite with its severed head. Players will have to fight against obstacles, puzzles, and the clock, collecting life-sustaining, time-extending packs of blood along the way.  

About me:
I am a writer and videographer by trade, but have been experimenting with modeling, game art, and game development in my free time for the last year or so. I'm fully capable of drawing all of the art, doing all of the animation, writing the story, and scoring the game, but am woefully incompetent when it comes to matters of scripting and code. Thus:

About you:
You should be familiar with UE4's blueprint system, C++, and confident in your ability to create and implement game mechanics, basic UI menus and tools, and aid with the incorporation of assets into the game. You should have Skype, Discord, Google hangout, or some other conference call application, be able and willing to exchange frequent (every other day or so) emails, and have between 5 and 8 hours/week to dedicate to this project. And it would be a huge plus if you were psyched about working on a platformer! Actually, that's a must. I'm not as concerned with finding the most talented person, as I am with finding the qualified person most excited to be a part of this two-man team.

To that effect, I'm only looking for one person, and this will be a 50-50 revenue share for any revenue earned following the game's release (pending steam green-light or independent distribution).

I look forward to hearing from everyone who is interested, and thanks so much for your consideration!

Best,
UNiTY

P.S. - the reason working in UE4 is important to me is because I have done all of my independent game development thus far in Unreal, and will feel more comfortable being a part of the process utilizing that prior knowledge. That being said, if you are super duper stoked to work on this and only use Unity or some other engine, that's totally fine! Please still hit me up! I just won't be as well versed in the language of the engine, and therefore a bit more like... well, a chicken with its head cut off.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic