Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 05:13:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 622545 times)
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 16, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »

I tried to think of an interesting and catchy name for my motherload/platformer hybrid that has you mining and exploring the depths of an uncharted planet.  I wanted to have a name that has something to do with the planet itself since that's basically what the game is mostly about.

I came up with the name Unreal Planet, but I'm not sure I like it a lot.  It's catchy but it seems kind of shallow.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Jodon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: August 16, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »

I'm working on a game, currently called "Angry Atoms" (www.kongregate.com/games/CodingJar/angry-atoms).  It's a puzzle game where you use the 'charge' of atoms to attract or repulse and solve puzzles.  As you progress, you gain the ability to modify the atoms' charges.  The name was just sort of a compromise and I dislike it; plus it's hurting us now that we've updated the game significantly from the posted version.  Please help me come up with a new name.

My current top-choice is "Valence", and I'm pretty sure we're safe as I don't see many chemistry games out there.  What do you think?

Screenshot as requested:

http://imgur.com/cqxip
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »

I tried to think of an interesting and catchy name for my motherload/platformer hybrid that has you mining and exploring the depths of an uncharted planet.  I wanted to have a name that has something to do with the planet itself since that's basically what the game is mostly about.

I came up with the name Unreal Planet, but I'm not sure I like it a lot.  It's catchy but it seems kind of shallow.

What makes this planet abnormal?

And won't there be issues with the Unreal trademark being quite prominent in gaming?
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 17, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »

What makes this planet abnormal?

And won't there be issues with the Unreal trademark being quite prominent in gaming?
That's kinda why I don't like the name that much.  I don't feel like it describes the planet that well but it's still the catchiest thing I could come up with.

I tried things like Hidden Planet or Mysterious Planet but those both seem kind of bland and there are probably a million indie games with the same title.  I'm not too worried about legal stuff since this will be a freeware game though.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
dormir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »

Planet Unearth
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 19, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »

Planet Unearth
Oooh, I kinda like that.  That could work.

It's not perfect but Idk if I'm ever going to find an absolutely perfect name for this game.  This name is getting there though.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: August 20, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »

Planet Unearth

It's not perfect but Idk if I'm ever going to find an absolutely perfect name for this game.  This name is getting there though.

Drop "Planet" from the name entirely. Just Unearth.

Or UnEarth.
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 20, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »

Planet Unearth

Drop "Planet" from the name entirely. Just Unearth.

Or UnEarth.
UnEarth

I like this one, it fits.  I like how it relates to both the gameplay, and the fact that you're at a place that's unlike any planet you know.  You can look at the name and almost already know what the game is going to be about.

Btw, if I end up using someone's name for the final finished game then I'll put them in the credits.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
dormir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 21, 2012, 01:04:05 AM »

Well, I initially thought of just "Unearth" but when I googled "Unearth game", quite a lot of stuff came up. "Planet Unearth" doesn't bring up very much except an Australian TV show. I suppose it depends on how bothered you are about uniqueness, googlability, etc.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53:57 AM »

Well, I initially thought of just "Unearth" but when I googled "Unearth game", quite a lot of stuff came up. "Planet Unearth" doesn't bring up very much except an Australian TV show. I suppose it depends on how bothered you are about uniqueness, googlability, etc.

Subtitle to the rescue! UnEarth: Something Something.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2130 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »

Subtitle to the rescue! UnEarth: Something Something.

That feels as sequel of the other stuff.

I have an idea @GhostBomb. How about "Deep Earth"? I only found on Google as WoW items...

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 21, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »

Huh, the only thing that came up for "unearth game" for me was this very obscure flash escape game series and this other android game I've never even heard of that's still in alpha apparently.

Subtitles mightnot be a bad idea though, but for now, the working title will be UnEarth.  You guys have been quite helpful btw.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
HemoGoblin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 31, 2012, 06:18:05 AM »

I'm creating a puzzle game currently named "Block Buster" but it seems that i have to change the name because of some legal issues Cry. Can anyone help me choosing better name? The game is mostly about coloring blocks to see what shape is hidden behind them (screenshot). The shape plays a big role in the game too.
AeornFlippout
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 07, 2012, 06:28:46 AM »

We're developing a arcade-ish action racing game called "Race The Sun."

The concept is that you're flying a solar craft towards the sunset, collecting speed boosts to slow down time and extend your play session.
http://flippfly.com/racethesun/

Thoughts on the name?
oByhring
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2134 on: September 08, 2012, 11:15:27 AM »

We're developing a arcade-ish action racing game called "Race The Sun."
Thoughts on the name?

Simple and descriptive is good. If people remember the gameplay, they will probably remember the name.

The only problem I see is the results you get when googling the name (I found the game on greenlight when I googled 'race the sun game' though!).

Now DO ME, DO ME! Smiley

Chroma Cell.

Game developer/programmer.
www.oyvindbyhring.net
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: September 24, 2012, 04:16:44 AM »

For this iphone auto runner music editing thing:

dev log

Ocunaut

The main character is a giant eyeball that floats through all these worlds, playing muisc

Since we will have different world packs, we are thinking of presenting them like 30s serials:
Ocunaut in dream land
Ocunaut in triangulous
Ocunaut in garbage zone

digijin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: September 30, 2012, 09:49:30 PM »

My game's name is admittedly completely horrible, but basically every name I could think of was taken by another game.

Anyway my game's name is Digi TD

http://www.indiedb.com/games/digi-td

You play an engineer who accidentally sends himself to a alternate dimension, and needs to build gun turrets to defend himself until his warp device recharges and he can teleport home.
petertos
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2137 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »

My new game: "RUNES OF KANDAR".

I first used the name, then I googled Kandar and it looks like it is a Malasyan dish or something Smiley, also a secondary character on Star Wars.

What do you think about the name?

http://www.pedroalonsopablos.com/runesofkandar/

Player1Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 04, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »

Me and my team are creating a game call Wishful Lie.
It is a horror / drama in terms of plot genre, and non-combat survival / puzzle in terms of gameplay.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92984073

http://www.facebook.com/ForgetMeNotAnnie

this is the demo version we made back in game design school. its pretty similar in almost every aspect, just full 15-20 hour version.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2139 on: October 05, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »

My game's name is admittedly completely horrible, but basically every name I could think of was taken by another game.

Anyway my game's name is Digi TD

http://www.indiedb.com/games/digi-td

You play an engineer who accidentally sends himself to a alternate dimension, and needs to build gun turrets to defend himself until his warp device recharges and he can teleport home.

Yeah, that name is horrible. Sounds like a fusion between Digimon and "Tower Defense". No relations with your game's story (except the TD part).

I have a name to your game: Outcast Defense. What do you think?

My new game: "RUNES OF KANDAR".

I first used the name, then I googled Kandar and it looks like it is a Malasyan dish or something Smiley, also a secondary character on Star Wars.

What do you think about the name?

http://www.pedroalonsopablos.com/runesofkandar/

What is Kandar? An ancient wizard? The game's territory? Or is really the Malasyan dish's power? I don't know. I can say that the name is doesn't bad, but it doesn't surprise me.

Me and my team are creating a game call Wishful Lie.
It is a horror / drama in terms of plot genre, and non-combat survival / puzzle in terms of gameplay.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92984073

http://www.facebook.com/ForgetMeNotAnnie

this is the demo version we made back in game design school. its pretty similar in almost every aspect, just full 15-20 hour version.

If you are trying to get attention here, then you fail. Although the game's name sounds goo...What? Now the name is "Forget Me Not Annie"? Well, sounds good too Cheesy

Also, great graphics/effects Wink

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic