Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:14:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsBrowser Based MMO Video Tutorial
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Browser Based MMO Video Tutorial  (Read 5136 times)
hallsofvallhalla
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:06:20 AM »

Hello again all. I am starting a Browser based MMO tutorial series where the community designs the game and I make it while making vid tuts on the process the whole way. We will be using php and mysql. It will be a basic project, nothing to crazy complicated and there are no real requirements to start.

The first 2 videos are done
http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=27

We still need to pick a genre and what the game will be about so if you are interested in learning how to make a game like this or have a game you want to have made then now is the time to get involved with the videos.
isaac
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »

Hey, thanks for this!

I've always been interested in making a browser-rpg like this (not so much because I play them but because I think it would be fun to design and code).. but have always been daunted by the basics of connecting, writing and serving data from SQL (so much so that I even started a project using XML to store the data, before deciding that it was insane).

So it's good to get a real basic beginners guide to database programming.

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:19:51 AM »

Yes seriously thank you for this, I might actually be starting to understand php and SQL.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

hallsofvallhalla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:54 AM »

thanks for the comments, video 3a and 3b is up, registering new players. The next video will be this weekend and will start to get into the fun stuff.
hallsofvallhalla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:04:45 PM »

Videos 4a and 4b are out. We make a small battle game.
namre
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »

Aha! Just the thing I'm looking for! Thank you very much, hallsofvallhalla for this.

I'm planning to do a multiplayer game using HTML5 and Javascript, I hope I could use what i could learn from your videos on my game idea.

Thanks!
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:55:30 AM »

While this thread is bumped I just want to say, that these tutorials are absolutely baller  Hand Clap good job on them halls.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic