Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:39:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Museum of Mysteries
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Museum of Mysteries  (Read 1245 times)
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:52:26 AM »

This is my first post here : just some artwork for
my current project. More will be added overtime.
I hope to release it December on Google Play
and Amazon for $1.99 and as freeware for
Windows, Mac, and Linux.

The Museum of Mysteries is a first person point
And click adventure game, similar to the computer
game classics Myst and Riven. You play as Isaiah,
a poor homeless man. Isaiah was very miserable
And decided to steal some illegal drugs from a
couple of his friends only to get caught while doing
so. While they had knives and he had only his bear
hands Isaiah ran for his life. He found an
abandoned old museum and went in there to hide.
He escaped his former friends only to find himself
trapped in this creepy, religious museum.

There's no telling what mysteries Isaiah is about to
uncover in this building full of ancient treasures.

Are you ready to unravel the hidden secrets that
lie ahead? Can you help Isaiah escape the museum
and give him a more successful life? Only time
will tell...

Let me know what you guys think : thanks!
EnigmaDevFan
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:23:25 PM by EnigmaDevFan » Logged
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »

Doesn't anyone find this game at least somewhat interesting in the screens?
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:25:10 PM »

Like, seriously? Wtf I'm working my ass off on this project I gonna add more screens in the next few days and no one is seeming take any interest in my work. How long does it usually take until topics in this sub forum get noticed? I mean, I know it isn't that bad, right? But if the screens really do look horrible or unappealing I'd like to know the specifics so I can know what to improve.

C'mon guys! :D
SafetySnail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »

I think the problem is more that we have no idea what your game is actually about. From the screens it seems like a museum based horror but it's quite hard to judge from what you've provided.
Is there anymore information you can give on this project other than what it will be released on and some seemingly unrelated screens?
ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »

I'm new here, so I don't really know what catches people's attention in a devlog, but yeah, as SafetySnail said, more details about the game would probably help.

But anyway, the screenshots all have a pretty unique feel to them. Especially the gif looks kind of 80's scary. The thing is though, they seem to have different art styles to them, as  though they are from different games. Having no art/grpahics experience whatsoever, I don't know what gives this impression, but going from what I can see:

Hand Point Right The first picture looks like something straight out of a dark horror game, with that thing suddenly jumping into your face.
 Hand Point Right For some reason, the second one reminds of the Settlers III box art (http://ilarge.listal.com/image/211272/936full-the-settlers-ii%3A-gold-edition-cover.jpg). A bit cartoony as well.
 Hand Point Right The skull and the font looks so smooth compared to the other pictures.
 Hand Point Right This map looks very cartoony, and very much in contrast with all the others.
 Hand Point Right The effects in the gif seem very digital (in lack of a better word) somehow. It does look scary though, but kind of in the way that the Exorcist is scary.

So unless I'm just extremely bad at looking at stuff like this (which is very possible  Embarrassed), or that it's intended, you might want to aim for some more coherency.

But actually, overall, I like the look and mood of it, it seems like it could be powerful. But it is hard to say anything about it when you don't know anything about the game

ClockworkWolf
Level 0

Tick Tock, Clockwork Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »

A gameplay video would help greatly....
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »

Thanks safetysnail and clockworkwolf for the advice, the gameplay isn't presentable right now, but when it is I'll add a decent video. I've only been working on this game for a month so there's not much to see...yet, anyway. But I'll be updating this topic with new screens and information about every other week I'll have something new finished and ready to share.

@Zeppelin Captain -your impressions were very accurate. I will update the OP with more info in response to your comment. Smiley they look like they are all from the same game to me, and they are. The only one that stands out is the map but that's okay because the map is a wrinkly piece of paper you find in the museum, it's not meant to look realistic, it's just to show which rooms are where. Most maps for indoor buildings are just a piece paper "framed" on the wall. Nothing that's photorealistic or 3D I've never seen a map like that in my life so I don't really get where you're coming from. :-p
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:20:19 PM by EnigmaDevFan » Logged
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 02:25:41 PM »

I added this new screenshot to the OP...
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »

EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:22 AM »

I have not created the drawings featured in this specific post. Credit goes to Domozo. He made them by my request. Click here to visit his Facebook profile. You are not aloud to redistribute or repost/embed these images anywhere on the web or by any other means. These images aren't meant to be anything more than a spoiler for my games. The games will be commercial and you'll see these images in various places in the gameplay.
EnigmaDevFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »

I'm technically developing the prequel of this game simultaneously, titled "Escape Riverside Psychiatric Hospital". The story involves the same main character that is "The Museum of Mysteries" though it was before he was homeless, at age 16, because his physical violence and illegal drug use he was sent to a psychiatric hospital. The goal is to behave well, listen to the hospital staff and their instructions, there will be tons of mini games, but mainly in the prequel it's meant to be a Psychiatric Hospital Simulator, a little different from what you'd expect in a typical video game. I've done a lot of research about such hospitals I know someone who works at one so this game is going to be very legit and a reality check for some of its players. The biggest aspect and purpose of this game is to be informative and educational while still being fun like a typical video game.

Here's a little animation from the gameplay from the prequel:

I know it may seem a little odd or funny to look at this guy dancing around like he is but it's not meant to be funny that character is specifically supposed to be both retarded and autistic. This is were a small portion of the challenge comes in. In this game you walk places by clicking the mouse, but to interact with objects and people it's all done by typing specifically what you'd like to do next, if you enter something in the text box that isn't all that obvious that most people wouldn't think of chances are you can't do what you had in mind. But there will be plenty options.

Depending on what you do will shape how long (in real hours of gameplay) before you can earn yourself a one way ticket out of this hospital dump. Just like a real Psych hospital, you'll be likely to get out after about five to seven full days there (which is at least 120 hours of gameplay). But, the shortest anyone has stayed at riverside hospital was three full days! Do you have what it takes to beat that record?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:45:01 AM by EnigmaDevFan » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic