Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 12:57:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBurning Rubber - Alpha v0.1 (Free MMO Car Racing Game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Burning Rubber - Alpha v0.1 (Free MMO Car Racing Game)  (Read 1173 times)
bizilux
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »

Hello, my name is Luka, I'm 22 years old, from Slovenia.

Game Description

Few years ago, I used to play racing game called Project Torque. I loved it and played it nonstop, but then it was shut down because of some licencing problems between developers and publisher.

That game was Free to play car racing MMO. There were 10 Tiers of cars, lower tier cars were slow and cheap, and then the higher you went, the better the cars were. And ofcourse they were more expensive. On each car you could upgrade components (suspension, tires, engine, etc..) and also install new body kits, change rims, paint car, put on decals, etc...

You did this with in-game money that you got from winning races or participating in them. You could ofcourse speed the process and buy virtual money for real money, or buy items such as 2x cash per race or 2x XP per race.

There was also leveling system in game, so that you needed certain level in order to buy new cars or upgrade components.

There were few different game modes, such as: Race, Sprint, Capture the flag, Sumo, Drift...  My game will have a bit more game modes, such as Demolition Derby, Infected, Bank Heist, Cops vs Robbers and few others... and all of this will be multiplayer, so that means lots of fun!

So as you can imagine i want to make similar game as Project Torque was, but with better game engine(Unity3D), which means everything will be better Smiley

I plan on having all players from the same region (EU or USA) on 1 server, and the idea is that there would be 1 huge city where there would be all players inside, who are not racing at that time. So players could just hang out and chat, drive around, do some interesting stuff like being taxi driver?, etc... so MMO part of the title comes from this. Basically all players would be at same location and could talk to eachother, and when they wanted to race, they would open server browser and either create room, or join one. So in a sense it would be an open-world game where you could drive around and show everyone your car.

Current state of the game
Capture the flag is almost done, 1 track is almost done, Infected Mode is in works.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47341033/Test%20webplayer.html     Link to webplayer demo

Game is being made in Unity 3D and i've been working a lot for the past week on it... i made 1 model of Nissan GTR in 3DS Max, its got way too high polycount, 30k, but yeh it was my first model that i made so...
rest of the objects in game were taken from unity asset store or from internet... with proper permissions of course

i am using edy's vehicle physics, playmaker, NGUI, and Photon for multiplayer...

i've been currently trying to get multiplayer to work, (photon in specific), but without luck... its really complicated and its just way above my knowledge...

-------

For Alpha v0.1 i was thinking of having
Capture the Flag mode, and Infected mode (1 player starts as infected car, and he needs to ram other players to get them infected, and basically round is over when all players are infected, and you get points based on how long you survive)
and mulitplayer in... 8 players per room... but that is causing me problems right now

-------

Let me know what you guys think of it

I am also searching for team members... more info here:  http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37069.0
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic