Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 06:46:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsARCADIAN ATLAS
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: ARCADIAN ATLAS  (Read 40086 times)
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »

Lil' gif to explain our job class branching for the Kickstarter.
Looks good! Smiley

Those little figurines almost look like you can pick them up put them on your shelf! Grin    Have you thought about actual figurines?  Probably the "simplest" way would be doing it as 3d printing with Shapeways.  Though that would still require 3d models and since your Kickstarter is fairly close, that idea might be better left as an optional possibility for later on - based on interest.  Here's an interesting example:  http://www.shapeways.com/product/3ZWKBPA6C/morton-the-elephant-medium-size?li=shop-results&optionId=5582425

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2016, 10:43:10 AM »

We were actually looking into getting this lil' fellow made into a figurine for the Kickstarter:

But, because of time constraints (I unfortunately just don't have enough time to model him in zbrush ATM) it is looking like we won't be able to offer any 3D printed figures for the KS. We really love the idea of the characters as figurines though, so it's something we may still try to do before we release the game!

Something else we've been looking into is multiple skin tones & hair color options for hired units. This would have to be a stretch goal but it's part of our original vision for the game so we're really hoping the community is as into the idea as we are!

The Kickstarter is coming up FAST (cough April 5th cough) and the page is really coming together now. We just got a fresh batch of AMAZINGLY complex and catchy tunes from Moritz so we are really, REALLY excited to share those and well as some cool new game mechanics with you guys once we launch!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2016, 10:37:01 PM »

great job Smiley

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2016, 08:00:43 PM »

This looks great, and I am stoked to see how well the Kickstarter does! Best of luck, looking forward to seeing more stuff ^_^

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »

Thanks guys! Another sleepless night fretting about the KS, another reply to share a new pic.

This time it's our Achievements system we made to help keep things interesting during the "dead zone" of a Kickstarter campaign. Even if the funding amount isn't going up a noticeable amount, some cool extras are being unlocked for the community to enjoy!

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2016, 08:29:37 AM »

What do the numbers correspond to? That's not immediately obvious to me.

In fact I can't even figure it out through logical deduction and I'm developing a puzzle game XD

However, the idea is great and I am intrigued so I'm sure your audience will be as well.

Also: what happened to 15?

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2016, 10:17:34 AM »

Haha no worries, the numbers aren't supposed to relate to anything just yet! The achievements will be unlocked via different goals like YouTube views, Twitter followers, etc. We will have those goals listed on the Kickstarter, and these achievement rewards are what everyone will unlock if we can reach certain achievement totals unlocked.

15 wandered off and got lost. (haha you noticed! it's actually because we just couldn't think of anything for 15  Wink )

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »

I think you should think of something for 15! Smiley Either that or move 20 25 and 30 down to 15 20 and 25?

I think the biggest gap should be for the biggest reward. It feels weird to have that big gap in there on the lower end of the scale. Just my two cents!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:26:26 PM by eidobunny » Logged

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2016, 07:26:51 AM »

Stat Distribution gif for the KS. Also, IndieHangover just posted a great interview with my brother Taylor & me! Check it out below.

We are going live on Kickstarter TOMORROW, April 5th @ 9:30AM CST, so get those sharing fingers ready!

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2016, 08:28:53 AM »

WE ARE OFFICIALLY LIVE ON KICKSTARTER & GREENLIGHT

fingerman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2016, 08:50:55 AM »

Hi, nice start on the campaign!
migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2016, 09:36:43 AM »

Congrats on a really solid start to your Kickstarter! Your KS and Greenlight page look amazing, we'll do what we can to spread the word and best of luck to you guys for the next 33 days!

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »

Continues to look amazing, I've been enjoying it pop up on Twitter every now and then. I'm sure your Kickstarter will have no trouble at all! Seems like that's off to a good start too.

BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2016, 03:57:20 PM »

Thanks guys! We hit over 10% funded the first day, feeling really great about it.  Beer!

Excited to see what tomorrow brings!

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »

I'm so excited about this project, I was a little shocked when I saw you were going for a pretty big goal, but I'm so glad you guys got some great backing in the first couple hours! I got one of the early bird slots ^w^

Definitely keeping an eye on some of your techniques for my Kickstarter this fall!

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2016, 07:17:06 AM »

Nice, those early bird slots sold up like hot cakes! :D

Day one is complete and we are resting just a little below 15% funded. It's important to keep momentum going so if you guys helped share the project around with your friends ( FAMOUS friends?? ) it will help us tremendously!

The more likes/shares/subscribers/backers/etc count towards ACHIEVEMENTS which will add cool new reveals, backer gifts & in-game extras!

Official Kickstarter Video:

Kickstarter LIVE here

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2016, 07:41:35 AM »

Dahhhh! I didn't know you guys were brovver and stister! I need to get my sister to do something...

breakfastbat
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2016, 09:45:31 AM »

Dahhhh! I didn't know you guys were brovver and stister! I need to get my sister to do something...

Hey sis, quick become a professional artist! XD

♫ December, ♫
♫ December. ♫
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2016, 02:24:52 AM »

Incredible Kickstarter first days  Hand Thumbs Up Right
BBreakfast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2016, 07:26:01 AM »

It's been a real roller coaster thus far but we're off to a good start! Over 20% funded as of this morning. :D

We could use some help over at the Greenlight page though. if you guys get time, a Yes vote would be awesome!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic