Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411543 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: vicemask

May 03, 2024, 03:56:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkasaurus
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Parkasaurus  (Read 34228 times)
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2018, 05:09:45 AM »

This is really gorgeous!

Thanks. Neither of the two of us on the project have art/3D background, but my better half is a FX / coder mastermind. He's done amazing work on previous games (ie. the coolest FX work on guacamelee). He gets 99% credit.

Down here, it's our time.
Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2018, 08:51:17 AM »

Reworking how players find dino eggs and use the portal. Trying to lower the initial bar of entry so to speak. Not requiring a set of 3 (skull, footprint, gem) to use the portal. The sets only now dictate the types of eggs that will spawn at the digsite.

whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »

Not posted in a while, but been keeping tabs, and everything looks stunning as usual!

That portal gif looks intriguing. How does it work, do you get the eggs you fully uncover in the grid?

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »

Ya, felt I'd do another gift for the actual dig. So if you find an egg in the dig (uncovered) then you obviously get that as a dino egg to place in an exhibit. This also unlocks that egg from the dino shop in town. At that point, you can buy an egg of that species, but it's quite pricey, so, you can always go back digging for the same species. Takes bit more work but saves you cash. Thanks for kind words btw.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2018, 04:01:10 PM »

Friday things get all romantic with a date under the string lights... working by myself in an attic.

Guest leave you park when the sun goes down, but by adding lights - we're hoping to add an extra dynamic where the guests stay longer, and spend more money. Just need to see if that's what the simulation actually does. Smiley

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »

One of the older complaints we got from friends playing the game way back was they felt overwhelmed when people entered the park and they weren't ready...so now you can close + open the park. Guests who are in the park leave, guests en route turn around, and we stop spawning any new guests.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »

Working on our waypoint system for employees. This probably was a feature in retrospect we would of pushed to a later date... but it was 85% in so we finished it. We probably should of cut it...

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2018, 10:27:48 AM »

Completely re-working how we find dino eggs, go back in time to get them, etc. A part of this is moving the dino dig to inside the portal - this makes way more sense to us. Originally it was a side task...but it really feels like the final "task" for a dino egg, not on the side. So, you go back in the portal; arrange your away team (we're experimenting with this), and dino dig. Depending how many scientists are part of your away team dictates how many digging tools you have to work with.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2018, 08:08:44 AM »

Got our cars parking again, and hooked in our spawn rate to be based off a curve. Makes it easier to adjust when the guest flow changes through the day; and also with park worth. Might also base it off some other factors post Alpha.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2018, 10:33:29 AM »

Currently working on dino family AI, also inter species AI. We've just started, I'm just hoping our encapsulation work from earlier makes this process easier.

Oh, the pic is a Gastonia family, two parents and a new kid (who was named Sadie).

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »

Apparently all the purchased balloons by the guests stay around frozen over night, and then slowly float away in the morning. So sad.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2018, 12:13:03 PM »

Happy Wednesday! Getting our toy system in the game back up and running.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »

Adding some much needed info panes that we've been oblivious to, for example, a list of dino exhibits. It may seem intuitive to put this in but it's amazing what you just don't see when you're so in the weeds.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2018, 07:40:15 AM »

Playing with dino AI based off time of day.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »

Working on multi-dino exhibits.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2018, 04:34:30 PM »

Well, the shader might of broke, or my partner is playing a cruel trick on me...but all the water has turned to oil.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2018, 10:05:55 AM »

Bug fixing on dino escapes. As soon as the fence is broken, the exhibit is flagged as not an exhibit; and a whole slew of background effects / events need to start occurring.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2018, 12:03:15 PM »

Sometimes on Saturday I'm a bit burnt out, so I make random exhibit shapes. I like to think this is helpful overall.

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2018, 05:36:39 PM »

Huh, turns out your dino best friends pickup the top item in the list of a store when they destroy it. Totally un-planned, and it's just the system playing out, but I don't see us fixing this. In the pick the Albertosaurus just destroyed the deep friend butter stand. (holding a stick of deep friend butter...)

Taky
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2018, 07:36:48 AM »

Fewf, doing lot's of bloom/blue balancing but DinoCam in. There is now a button on the individual dino info pane that let's you swap to the dino.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:00:50 AM by Taky » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic