Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 08:25:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLocomancer [VR Model Trains] - Vive/Rift+Touch [Released on Steam/itch]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Print
Author Topic: Locomancer [VR Model Trains] - Vive/Rift+Touch [Released on Steam/itch]  (Read 36736 times)
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2017, 02:25:33 AM »

BTW is the tipper thing still going to be usable? Cause I can't get any trains or trucks to fit through it apart from the smallest ones, which then are too small for the tipper to latch onto.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2017, 02:33:22 AM »

BTW is the tipper thing still going to be usable? Cause I can't get any trains or trucks to fit through it apart from the smallest ones, which then are too small for the tipper to latch onto.
It should work, but I haven't tested it in a while so it's possible that I broke it at some point. I'll take a look at it.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »

I started to add support for arbitrary room rotation, but it turns out it requires reworking a bunch of code. I'm going to do it, but I'm going to wait until after releasing the next update (going to try for today).
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »

I pushed a build to the experimental branch that has support for arbitrary room rotation.

It's experimental because when you enter a rideable you are no longer aligned with its orientation. This is potentially problematic for users playing with one controller because they won't be able to rotate themselves within rideables if necessary.

I'm still thinking about what the best solution for this would be. Maybe add a simplified toolbox that can be summoned when riding.
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 20, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »

Ooo I like the minitool box idea, could be used for placing the tiny scenery things as well!

Which gives me an idea of being able to build your own engines/stock with pre-made parts that can be snapped together or something... That would be awesome.
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 20, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »

Ooo I like the minitool box idea, could be used for placing the tiny scenery things as well!

Which gives me an idea of being able to build your own engines/stock with pre-made parts that can be snapped together or something... That would be awesome.
Now don't go getting ahead of yourself! This would be limited to settings, an eject button, and maybe the camera.
FluffyJenkins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2017, 11:57:07 AM »

Pfft, just giving you ideas! Honest! That engine/stock idea is cool though...
Selkcip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2017, 01:51:30 AM »

I released the rotation update yesterday along with the new mini control panel that I talked about.

Now I'm working on getting workshop support working. So far uploading is working:

I think the upload mechanism is going to be simple, you drop the polaroid or custom object in a scanner and press upload. Once it's uploaded you'll be able to edit the details from the workshop. This saves me having to implement text input and other fiddly bits.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic