Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411651 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:22:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRADiancE
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RADiancE  (Read 3280 times)
zlash
Level 0

Random Encounter

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »

Hello! Gentleman
My first attempt into the flash gaming word is complete, and its name is RADiancE.
It was a great adventure to develop it, full of weird and conflicting emotions. And now, its the time to see how it goes Smiley

And about the game, just watch the trailer:

Thanks for watching!

Update - You can play it Here:
http://steakfacegames.com/index.php?params=game/327/RADiance/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:28:54 AM by zlash » Logged
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »

Looks like a combination of snake and breakout. Not really sure. So...can we play it?
compositeredfox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »

I can't wait to play it!  Wink
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »

Wow... Looks delicious!
So, the question is WHEN?
Kunal
Level 1

is feeling Bit.Core.Trippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:38:53 AM »

That trailer looks awesome. When is it coming out ?

zlash
Level 0

Random Encounter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »

Thanks a lot for your interest! It really means a lot to me!!
As the game is looking for an sponsorship, its still not available to the public.
As soon as it can be played, I will keep you updated!
kazamax
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 06:53:08 AM »

I love specially that "particle effect" when a square explodes Smiley
zlash
Level 0

Random Encounter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 09:21:06 PM »

The game is still looking for sponsors and its not having a lot of luck Sad

For everyone that wants to vote, give some feedback, or just test it, It will help me if you do it Smiley Here is the link to the game in FGL:

http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view_game.php?game_id=12993

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:56:22 PM by zlash » Logged
zlash
Level 0

Random Encounter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »

A lot of time elapsed, and now the game is online.

As I promised to update, here is the link if anyone wants to try it!

http://steakfacegames.com/index.php?params=game/327/RADiance/

Thanks! Gentleman
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »

Pretty hard, but fun! I like the interactive music thing you've got going on.
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 02:55:16 PM »

Had a couple of goes on this, really enjoyed it. Will probably come back to it tomorrow morning (I'm a bit tired at the moment!) but for now, I'm very impressed Smiley

I look forward to playing it a bit more. I love the visual style, and when the music leaps in it feels really cool Smiley

How did you find FGL? Were you happy with how it went, or (given your earlier post) a bit disappointed by the experience? I've so far been hearing mixed things about selling games through FGL so it would be good to hear your thoughts.

zlash
Level 0

Random Encounter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 05:04:10 PM »

Thanks for playing it!

And in accordance to what you have been hearing, I also have mixed feelings about FGL

I believe that the worst thing, and maybe what gives people bad feelings about FGL is misinformation. Most of the bad things I came across the experience were caused by me expecting things that obviously are not common to happen.

I don't want to make a big post, so I will just write the things that most disappointed me:
First, it was what is an "average" selling price on the site. I based my estimation from the page statistics about the amount of games sold in a given month and the total of money from sponsorships on that month. Huge Mistake. Lots of games are sold for very very little money and a few got great deals, so if you average those extremes you get an unrealistic number on what you can easily expect. Adding to that the common fact that the success stories are more common to find that the recounts from people who hadn't got the same luck (And I admit, also the biased thought of "Well, that 100000000000 persons didn't do that well, but surely I can do better than them") I ended up with wrong expectatives. Don't get me wrong, this is not a problem with FGL. Its something that one should expect when entering new grounds (but sadly one usually doesn't) and that can be very discouraging if one cannot recognize it as a part of a process of learning.

The second thing, and this one is more of a problem with FGL; is that after a long period of nearly inactivity from sponsors, I only began to get "serious" bids from sponsors after I made the forbidden and unholy act of sending emails to each one of them.
Though they (FGL) were in the role of actively sell my game (I admit that maybe I misunderstood this, and what I expected was wrong from the beginning, but I mainly thought of FGL as a selling agent on a commission per sell basis, like classic salesmen who are encouraged by the commissioned nature of their earnings to make the best sells) I only had better results when I actively began to do it. In the end, I think of FGL as just an auctioning system for the games, and nothing much more.

On the good side, I don't know how much I could earn by my self, an unknown guy without negotiating skills, so I have to give its credit.

And maybe its important to add that I will continue using it for my games.

Finally, sorry for my ugly English  Embarrassed
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »

Nicely done! I played it all the way through to the end!
It got really difficult near the end!

RCIX
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 03:48:23 AM »

Interesting twist on arcade games, i liked it!
tzachs
Level 1

Look normal...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 01:51:22 PM »

Played it through to the end (the last boss took me forever), very cool and very addictive!
It was really fun to see everytime that you come up with something new, and the credits were also a nice touch...
There was only one thing I disliked and that was the big use of the screen shakes, which gave me a headache. I can handle it if it's used once in a while, but if you use it excessively (like that damn square in the last level) it really annoys me.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic