Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:22:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEscape from the Underworld - Indie Kombat exploration platformer extravaganza
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Escape from the Underworld - Indie Kombat exploration platformer extravaganza  (Read 1505 times)
Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »

Escape from the Underworld

Get the game at: GameJolt / YoYoGames

I made this for Indie Kombat, in which I competed against a developer named Andrew Brophy during the month of October 2010. We had to make a game using elements of our opponent's games, and at the end of the month both games are released and users vote on the best one. There was also some trash talking involved.  If you enjoy the game, you should totally go to the Indie Kombat site and vote for it (when the voting goes up, sometime today or tomorrow).

Otherwise, I'm really proud of this game and I'm looking forward to hearing player reactions.  Thanks for playing!

ink.inc
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »

Indie Kombat sounds like something I'd be interested in... three months or so...

As a side note, the website design is done by a guy named Mike Tyson. That's mildly funny.
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »

I really like the level design and music. The gameplay needs work though. I only could play until I got the sword before I got sick of all those spike deaths and quit.
My main gripes about the gameplay is the movement. Horizontal acceleration seems to be based on slopes, which unfortunately does not work terribly well with a game that depends on accurate jumps. Normally in games like this, I would expect to nudge my character when i tap a direction key. Instead, my character doesn't start to move until I hold it down for half a second. More fluid movement would definitely do wonders for this game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic