Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411722 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 22, 2024, 12:58:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAuto-Warrior
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Auto-Warrior  (Read 1853 times)
Marcos_del_bauer
Level 0

My Awesome Skills

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:23:52 AM »

I just finished making this game. It's an RPG where you are an unnamed warrior going off to save the world... I know, it's cliche. It was sort of an experiment for me to see if I could make an RPG quickly. I sort of made things up as I went along. It did, however take much longer to make than expected.

It is styled in a very old-school fashion. I hope you guys like it.

Screen Shots:

Download:
http://host-a.net/Marcos_del_bauer/Auto-Warrior.zip

Play at YoYo Games:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/100044

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »

Awww, I thought this was a remake of autoduel!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »

I couldn't get over the fact that your player had no animation what-so-ever.

est. February 2009
frekir
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 01:56:54 AM »

I actually found it really enjoyable. My time was 0:32.20, don't know if that's good. Tongue

Sure it's not polished with walking animations or stuff like that, but the story is there, as is all the townsfolk and such.

Maybe I missed it, but it would be great to be able to use items from my inventory when I want to, not when I need to. Also to be able to trash items that I don't want anymore.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.
Cheesus
Level 0

sup.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:45:40 AM »

I also liked this, although it could really use some polish. It actually reminds me of something very similar I made.

The automatic battling is done pretty well, considering most RPGs of this type are just button mashing anyway. There were some cases of "artificial stupidity" where the AI wasn't so great, but nothing too bad. I think you should've done a simple menu system instead of having to talk to people to find out basic information; this could also give room for more NPCs. Also agreed on the inventory thing.

I enjoyed the simple charm, especially how you can breeze through and just bash away at enemies. It's really just simple mindless fun, and I played through in one sitting. The old RPG Maker music was kind of a letdown at first, but it's actually sorta fitting when remixed the way you did.

I did notice one big bug you might want to look at. If you die during a boss battle and return to fight the boss, he's counted as dead anyway. You should probably turn the variable to true after you defeat the boss. :O

But all things considered, I liked it.  Hand Clap
shipwreck
Level 0

Run and shoot, shoot and run.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 08:51:55 AM »

Thread res!

Randomly found this today and I am very much enjoying it! I can echo what the previous poster said; very charming, fairly mindless, plain ol' fun. The pacing is spot on and had it not been the game would have been dead in the water.

So here are some kudos a year later. Beer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic